What do YOU want for Christmas?

It's just my mom and I so sometime between June and Xmas something large that I need usually comes up that then becomes my main xmas present. My bday is in June so Dec to May is covered by that :) I've gotten tires a few times for one or the other and this year I've asked for a new stereo for my car because mine is over 10 years old and starting to die.

I've started giving her experiences because she'll buy stuff she wants. Last year was tickets to see Jeff Dunham and her bday was a couple nights at a cabin. This year the main gift will be a copy of her birth certificate and the fee for a passport. We're a couple hours from Canada and we want to go up there but she doesn't have an enhanced license or a passport so we can't go. And I'm saving up to surprise her with a trip to norway for xmas and her 70th bday next year, so she'll need it anyway.

For those that don't want to exchange fits, explain to your family that you don't want to exchange gifts any more, that you would rather spend time with them over a meal or something. They may feel the same way. There's no reason you should feel obligated to do it. My mom and stepdad did that with his sisters because it was ith his sisters because it was always useless stuff and there was no thought put into it and it was still being done because we've always done it.

My "big" gifts are a Lug Puddle Jumper carry on bag and a Brother computerized sewing machine, and I'm looking at lap weaving looms as well. (I craft. A lot.)

DH already gave it to me. He gave me permission to plan a trip to Disneyland for our 10th anniversary next year. :cool1: An air fryer would be nice though or a new blender! Other than that I will take anything.

Perfume... mine will run out right around Christmas

The illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Socerers Stone

Sperry duck boots

A bunch of Disney DVDs, especially some that are harder to find. I don't like thrift shop shopping very much, but some family members do and most years they find a DVD or two that would be a lot more expensive for me to get new. They also tend to find old Disney memorabilia, including a Mickey phone one year!

As a new and single mom, all I'm asking for for Christmas are pictures of my son, and whatever family members, in picture frames
I can not get enough!

The NES mini is awesome!! So fun!!

I got an air fryer for Christmas last year and absolutely LOVE it! I've talked it up so much 7, yes 7 friends and family are getting one!!

I don't know much about air fryers but I saw one on Zulily for $61. and you can get $15 off using Masterpass checkout. (For those who shop for your own Christmas gifts :))

It's just my mom and I so sometime between June and Xmas something large that I need usually comes up that then becomes my main xmas present. My bday is in June so Dec to May is covered by that :) I've gotten tires a few times for one or the other and this year I've asked for a new stereo for my car because mine is over 10 years old and starting to die.

I've started giving her experiences because she'll buy stuff she wants. Last year was tickets to see Jeff Dunham and her bday was a couple nights at a cabin. This year the main gift will be a copy of her birth certificate and the fee for a passport. We're a couple hours from Canada and we want to go up there but she doesn't have an enhanced license or a passport so we can't go. And I'm saving up to surprise her with a trip to norway for xmas and her 70th bday next year, so she'll need it anyway.

For those that don't want to exchange fits, explain to your family that you don't want to exchange gifts any more, that you would rather spend time with them over a meal or something. They may feel the same way. There's no reason you should feel obligated to do it. My mom and stepdad did that with his sisters because it was ith his sisters because it was always useless stuff and there was no thought put into it and it was still being done because we've always done it.

Wow, that is an awesome birthday present! My mom is turning 70 next year also - I am still trying to decide what to do for her. She had said she would rather go somewhere than have a birthday party and spend money on that. Then today she said she would rather have a dog - LOL. I already have two - I am thinking she was kidding. I might just plan a small weekend away and just invite her two sisters to come along - maybe in Lancaster or something. A nice girls weekend away. But love your gift! Norway - WOW!

It's so hard to come up with ideas because I know that gift cards aren't what they want to hear and I don't want anyone to spend more than they can afford.
It is for this reason that we no longer exchange. I have no needs/wants, I am just not into "stuff." My kids are grown and have jobs and buy whatever they want, as do my parents. It's been two years since we exchanged and it takes so much of the stress off and allows us to just enjoy the holiday.

The NES mini is awesome!! So fun!!

I got an air fryer for Christmas last year and absolutely LOVE it! I've talked it up so much 7, yes 7 friends and family are getting one!!

Which one do you have? This could be a nice Christmas present for my mom!!

Wow, that is an awesome birthday present! My mom is turning 70 next year also - I am still trying to decide what to do for her. She had said she would rather go somewhere than have a birthday party and spend money on that. Then today she said she would rather have a dog - LOL. I already have two - I am thinking she was kidding. I might just plan a small weekend away and just invite her two sisters to come along - maybe in Lancaster or something. A nice girls weekend away. But love your gift! Norway - WOW!

She had the opportunity to go with her grandmother when she was 18 or 19 but didn't want to and she regrets going. It's where all of her side of the family moved to the US from so it'll be fun to go. A weekend away with your mom and aunts would be fun. It's just my mom and I, so that makes it easier to do stuff like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter