What do you wish people were more honest about?

I agree with everything, but in a general way. For example, finances. No one needs or should want to know how much money you have but pretending you're poor when you're rich or that you're rich when you're poor is just not good. I'm all for being circumspect but recognizing reality.

Just be truthful - how about on Everything as a way of life! It’s like a rarity to find an honest person anymore - should that really be the case ???? I’m so done with fake phony people and there are way too many of them ! They walk around causing drama & problems and act like they did nothing or they are the victims 🤮🤮🤮

I agree with everything, but in a general way. For example, finances. No one needs or should want to know how much money you have but pretending you're poor when you're rich or that you're rich when you're poor is just not good. I'm all for being circumspect but recognizing reality.

Why are discussing finances such a taboo topic. We are finally passing laws requiring disclosure of salary. This is a huge positive.

Everything. Why do people have to lie?
I know I am being naive but honesty is the best policy. If you can’t be honest at least remember- If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.
Because when someone shows up at my door it is more polite to lie and say that I am busy even if I am not. To tell them the truth which is I would like to tell them rudely to quit wasting my time.

Mental health.

It would do so much for the stigma around those illnesses. Years ago I decided to start a support group for parents whose children were suffering from emotional and social difficulties. I had a child who was. The wealthy town that I lived in apparently did not have a single child who had any issues in that area or so I was told as we stood on the hill waiting for our kids to be released from the elementary school.

So the night of my support group meeting is printed in the school bulletin and I am expecting just about no one to arrive. One hour later, I had to turn people away. The house was jammed and parents were so happy to finally speak about the "shameful secret" to other parents who understood their fear and anxiety.

To me, the children are the real losers in these situations. They are told not to tell anyone that they are having difficulties and often the families do not seek outside help for fear of being ostracized.
If we could share experiences and ideas then perhaps emotional troubles could have the same respect and support as medical illnesses do.

Because when someone shows up at my door it is more polite to lie and say that I am busy even if I am not. To tell them the truth which is I would like to tell them rudely to quit wasting my time.
To me, those kinds of "lies" aren't really a lie. You ARE busy. Even if you are just relaxing or watching tv etc, you are doing what you want to do and that's okay. No need to give extra information.

Curious what type of scenario you're talking about here by mentioning "pretending." We live below our means and if someone didn't know our job titles they would assume we're just another middle to upper middle class family.

For those want honesty all the time... do you really want to hear someone is turning down your request to hang out because they do not actually like you, but stay polite because your family or something.

White lies exist to keep peace. And sometimes that is a good thing.

If you want to experience more honesty, come over to the Netherlands. What the rest of the world calls Dutch rudeness or directness is honesty here 😉

Curious what type of scenario you're talking about here by mentioning "pretending." We live below our means and if someone didn't know our job titles they would assume we're just another middle to upper middle class family.
Probably the sort of people who have lots of money, but still try to mooch off of others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter