What does EMM mean for TSL lines at rope drop?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
Hi all - My family is planning a WDW trip this February. We have only one day designated for HS, and our plan had been to do a pre-park opening breakfast at Hollywood & Vine, then scoot over to Toy Story Land asap. But I just learned that there will be an EMM event that day. Will that mean the lines at TSL at rope drop will be a lot more beastly than they otherwise would be on a non-EMM day? Any insight from those who have been to HS on these new EMM days would be much appreciated!

It’s safe to ignore EMM from a practical matter. The guest count is rather small relative to the rope drop crowd and 99% of them will have had their fill of TSL and will be heading out for breakfast and/or other rides in the park once EMM ends.

I’d focus on the timing of your breakfast / joining the rope drop crowd vs any concern about EMM.

The rope drop crowd is going to be let into TSL approx 8:45-8:50ish, that makes for a pretty tight (and maybe impossible?) breakfast timeline if you want to be anywhere near the front/middle of that crowd.

Good luck.

It’s safe to ignore EMM from a practical matter. The guest count is rather small relative to the rope drop crowd and 99% of them will have had their fill of TSL and will be heading out for breakfast and/or other rides in the park once EMM ends.

I’d focus on the timing of your breakfast / joining the rope drop crowd vs any concern about EMM.

The rope drop crowd is going to be let into TSL approx 8:45-8:50ish, that makes for a pretty tight (and maybe impossible?) breakfast timeline if you want to be anywhere near the front/middle of that crowd.

Good luck.

This is so helpful - thank you!

As noted above, the EMM crowd should be done by the time the crowds are let in.
Your bigger problem is your H&W breakfast. The crowds are generally let in about 8:30 to the end of the street and then walked to TSL about 8:45. If you are not in that group, towrd the from, your wait will easily be 90+ minutes.
When we left TSL at 9:15 the standby line was almost out of TSL to Pixar Place.
That really doesn't give you much time to eat and enjoy the characters. I think you will need to decide if RD or H&W breakfast is more important. For what you pay, i would hate to rush the character meal to try and make RD.

Our plan at rope drop is really to do Toy Story Mania and maybe Alien Swirling Saucers (assuming we can get a Slinky Dog Dash FP+ for later, we won't attempt the standby line for that one). TouringPlans has HS on the day we plan to be there at a level 4 - so.... do you think we'll still be in an ok position if we do the H&V pre-park opening breakfast and then head straight to TSL around 8:50 or so?

Our plan at rope drop is really to do Toy Story Mania and maybe Alien Swirling Saucers (assuming we can get a Slinky Dog Dash FP+ for later, we won't attempt the standby line for that one). TouringPlans has HS on the day we plan to be there at a level 4 - so.... do you think we'll still be in an ok position if we do the H&V pre-park opening breakfast and then head straight to TSL around 8:50 or so?

This sounds withen the realm of reason to me, with the big caveat that the timing of your H&V breakfast is the wildcard. Ask for the check early and be prepared that you ‘may’ need to bail before seeing every character. With TSM and AS2 as your targets, you have some wiggle room to work with here, generally speaking. But it may be rushed for some.

Assuming you get into TSL around 9, you should be ok based on our experience. While the line to SDD at 9:15 was 90+ minutes, the lines to AS2 and TSM were not long at all.
Touringplans crowd calendar had our day at a 5 for what that is worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter