What Does Epcot "Need".

I would like to see Greece added to World Showcase, a new video for Soarin, maybe of all over the world. And I think at least France needs a new video.

And please get rid of the graveyard in front of Spaceship Earth, that replaced the beautiful garden areas. I cringe everytime I walk through that.

Whenever we walk through there, we say (just loud enough for others to overhear):

"Oh, no. It's so sad how many people died at Epcot.".
"Oh, so many more than last year! So tragic.".
:guilty:

Judging by the wait times for Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin', EPCOT needs more attractions like them. Learning while having fun is always something Disney has done really well, and I'd like to see more of that kind of thing.

As for World Showcase, I agree that a new country would spice things up a bit.

They need to bring back the original Imagination ride! I miss the old one.

Kristine

I'm all for that.

Unfortunately, when WDW adds or changes something they tend to eliminate some of their best attractions in the process. I'd rather they kept some of the old favorites and added new space for the newer stuff. World of Motion and Horizons come to mind as attractions that were a mistake to eliminate.

I'm not one for roller coasters, but I understand many are. However, I'd hate to see WDW stoop so low they become too much like Universal. Perhaps a new theme park just for thrill rides might be the way to go.

Another country from (preferably Western or Sub-saharan) Africa and a country from South America. We have ZERO from South America, and I feel like not enough people know about Africa. Ethiopia or Angola would be a great country to put in.

Oh this is easy...the answer is ME!!

Seriously, I would like to see another country added (Russia, Greece, Australia, India?) and the current countries plussed. Italy has NOTHING going on in it, and Morocco, Germany and Japan could use some plussing too.

A Rhine River flume ride in Germany?

The proposed but long shelved Mt. Fuji roller coaster (what a weenie THAT would make for the park)

Reopen Wonders of Life.

Update the film in Soarin' (over Florida, over the US, over my house...anything!)

And of course, bring back Dreamfinder and Figment in it's entirety!

Make a new movie for Soarin'. Florida themed would be awesome. Soarin' over the orange groves, over the Everglades (alligators snapping at your toes), over Port Canaveral just as the magic heads out to sea, over Cape Canaveral just as the space shuttle blasts off... you get the picture.

I agree! SOOOO many possibilities for locations in Florida. Either replace the California video all together or alternate between the two video's.

I think the original plans called for 2 more countries. I'd love an African country and something from South or Central America.

So much is unused. The entire Wonders of Life pavilion just sits there. Sure they use it some during Flower and Garden but it is mostly unused. Ellen's is a dumb ride. I don't mind the updates at the Living Seas. At least they are using that space for something rather than a glorified fish tank.

The Imagination update was a horrible mistake. There used to be a cool upstairs place there that is unused and Honey I Shrunk the Audience is so outdated it is laughable. That movie is 20 years old!

I like the Canada and Japan movies but I don't think may people even know that stuff exists. Aside from the street performers there isn't a lot to do in many of the countries. And this is from someone who really likes the eating and drinking aspect too.

I wouldn't hate a country based thrill ride.

If I were in charge I'd redo Energy and Imagination immediately.

I'd also look into boosting up Innoventions. The Character Spot at the old Pasta Piazza location is ok but I'd rather see that space used. The Epcot 25 year exhibit that was there was awesome. I'd like to see the characters move to the old Odyssey location. I know they use it for dining specials but it seems like such a waste (I also do know that the cast cafeteria in that location so I don't think Characters would logistically work there)

Dawn,
Did you try the Kim Possible stuff in Epcot? We tried it for the first time this past weekend. It was so much fun!

I'd love to see a new country. Or even bring back something like the Millenium Pavilion if they couldn't do a whole country. We like the pavilion. And bring back Tapestry of Dreams - it was one of the best parades Disney ever did.

Wonders of Life needs to either be re-opened or re-themed. Sitting there empty just doesn't make sense to me.

Update the movie in France - I love the theater since you can sit but the movie is getting dated.

Better fast food in Future World would be nice too. The only edible food there is Sunshine Seasons.

In park transportation would be great as it is a huge park for walking :cool1:

Reopen somehing in Wonders of Life so there is a whole other attraction in FW. It does not have to be along the same lines as Wonders was, anything would do in there that fits into the Future World type theming.

The Old Odysey restaurant between TT and Mexico has been closed for decades it seems with only being used occasionally for special events. It would make a terrific foodcourt with foods from around WS or possibly a sit down themed bar for adults.

Readd more food carts and kiosks to WS as they are slowly being eliminated and snack choices reduced greatly.

Reopen the Millenium Pavilion or rebuild it into something else.

Don't know how many years DH and I've had "After 4 passes" for FL residents but we couldn't bring ourselves to buy them again. The place has become soooo b-o-r-i-n-g. :sad2:

We'd love to see RUSSIA in the World Showcase. Don't imagine we could stomach the food if they had a themed restaurant but would enjoy everything else. :thumbsup2

I imagine people here are going to dislike what I'm going to post, but...I really, *really* dislike "America" in World Showcase. And yes, I realize a very important part of American history is being portrayed but I'd still like to see the place livened up. The ROARING 20's with gangsters and flappers would be so colorful and fun! :banana: The restaurant could be designed like a "speakeasy". Lots of color and fun!!! As it is, it is boring and puts tired folks right out. Yep...a big, boring snooze. :guilty:

A new country would be great, Greece is an excellent idea. I always thought they could do a lot with Russia.

I don't think its the place for roller coasters. I like it to take itself seriously. It doesn't need to appeal to the same audience that the Magic Kingdom and the Studio does.

I sort of agree, I like it because it's not all "WHEEEEE".:scared1: :scared1:

So are ya back?? You've missed an interesting Rogue Shopping Cart thread and Entitlement thread. Really exciting stuff!

Epcot is my favorite park, but I haven't been there in 12 years:sad2: I hate that Horizons is gone. I never cared much for the Wonders of Live pavillion, but I don't like that it is gone too.

What they could do... bring back attractions to Future World, add a country to World Showcase, with a roller coaster (at one point they said they were going to do Switzerland with a Materhorn type ride... the Orlando Sentinal in the beginning of 1990 during their 10 year plan... most of the resorts came to fruition, but sadly, the Epcot ride did not)

In park transportation would help, I used to love the double decker buses through the World Showcase.

I was 8 when it opened and for my first trip, and I loved it from the get go... I was so sad 12 years ago, when it was looking so run down, with the paint faded and worn, so I am hoping that they improved that since then;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter