What else to say to the characters???

Hey Tamimouse, don't feel bad. That's where I keep my husband's too! Well, my backpack anyway! They are much safer there and I don't have to worry about him spilling them all over the ground!

I always like to tell the characters at meals such as Chef Mickey's that "boy, you must have gotten up early to cook all this food yourself, you must be really tired!"

We mentioned this to Dale on one visit, and he actually laid down in our booth with us and covered his eyes.

I always like to tell the characters at meals such as Chef Mickey's that "boy, you must have gotten up early to cook all this food yourself, you must be really tired!"

We mentioned this to Dale on one visit, and he actually laid down in our booth with us and covered his eyes.

:rotfl: I bet that was cute!!

Oh yea...one more....

On our last visit, my fiance put his backpack down near Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee. Mr. Smee then noticed my engagement ring, and both he and Hook tried to steal my ring and our backpack as their "treasure". I must say, Mr. Smee was pretty persistent with my ring. In our picture, Hook is holding the backpack, and has my fiance's sunglasses (like treasure to him) on. It's way too funny, and my fiance still talks about it.:3dglasses

:yay: So many pages to read!! great ideas.

We always get into long chats with the characters, we are judt goofy and get them going. We always tell the ladies how attractive they are in person, we had no idea. That usually gets us a kiss or two, occassionally they walk off with us in tow.

We have had fun with Chip and Dale not telling them apart. We've gotten some chirps from them in frustration and admiration of our DIS friend.

Telling them they are cuddley usually works too. Like Pooh and friends.

regarding the characters liking shirts of themselves... well yesterday we were shopping for some clothes for our upcoming trip. Disney store has some 4.99 t'shirts right now. My 15yo dd was about to buy a shirt with Hook on it, and then all of a sudden she said "What am I thinking... Peter's gonna hate this! No, this won't do"

LOL... and she put it back! She remembers the BEST interaction from Peter on our last trip when she was 10. He asked her her favorite ride, and she said Pirates of the Carribean. He was flabbergasted and said "you like to play with stinky old pirates?! He went on and on about it, cuz my 4yo had just finished telling him that her big sister had a crush on peter.

So now, even at the age of 15, she is planning her wardrobe on what Peter would think :-)

Belle is one of my favorite characters to talk to. Somehow, she's the one who asks the questions, not me. I wanted to mention that when I wore a shirt that said "Pirates" she said that she and Beast were reading books about pirates. Another time, she asked about my favorite genre. When I told her she said she likes to read everything. It really makes sense for her to say that since she lives in a small town where she's read everything in the library, some more than once! She's also mentioned that she's read books about New York (in reply to where we were from) so I'm inclined to think she'll read pretty much anything. Once she gets started on the topic of books, she loves to talk, lol.

Yep, Belle is wonderful if you get her started talking about books. Last year I was with my two boys (6 and 2) and asked her if she'd read any good books lately. She replied, "Yes, I just finished one about a boy and a magic bean, do you know it?" DS6 got excited and asked, "Jack and the Beanstalk?" and Belle replied, "That's it! You do know it." We went on to have a nice conversation from there. She was our favorite character interaction of the whole trip-- sat down with the boys and really talked with them, and took her time. :flower3:

My DD4 is quite percocious and not at all afraid of talking to the characters and even the villains. In March we were lucky enough to meet Cinderella's stepmother and 2 stepsisters outside the castle. After watching many little girls scurry away in fear, my DD walked right up to them, hands on hips, and scolded them, "You should be nice to Cinderella!!!". All 3 of the characters responded totally in character, and it was HILARIOUS! Stepmother said something to the effect of, "well, who's going to do all the housework? I certainly can't! Who will clean under the beds? YOU'RE quite small! You would fit!" It was priceless, and my DH were laughing abt it for days.

That is great!:rotfl: I swear, Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters are the best.

Awww, that is too cute!

Okay I feel like a COMPLETE DORK now...I have always just taken the picture, gotten the autograph and let them go. I thought that was what they wanted! I am definitely going to jot some of this down for our upcoming trip. Especially anything with Pooh characters and Chip and Dale...our daughter loves them!

Someone posted these earlier:
Offer Stitch a cookie OR
Wear something with Stitch on it that he can take, like a backpack.

Love all these stories! Thanks to everyone who posted! I'm saving alot of these ideas for our upcomming trip:)

Any ideas for Stitch?

Try asking him if he surfs. I have a picture of me and him "hanging 10" at MGM.
summerCP422.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter