What exactly did I say "Yes!" to? (This title has a nice "ring" to it.)

resol37

<font color=royalblue>Tower of Terror, here I come
We didn't get on the road until around noon on Saturday, February 1st. Just me and my boyfriend, Alex. A 36 year old man and a 31 year old woman headed to Walt Disney World with no children. Perfectly normal, right?

Charlotte, NC to WDW is about eight and a half hours, but Alex's aunt Lindsay and Uncle Stephen live just outside of Savannah, GA so we planned to spend the night there on our way down and our way back.

Even at noon, it was cold so I was still in my CMPD work hoodie as we left out.

ydhu5G1.jpg

We made it to Alex's aunt and uncle's home around 4:30 or so, dumped our bags in their guest room, played with the dog, and chatted until dinnertime.

Lindsay and Stephen made she crab soup and low country boil. For those of you not familiar, low country boil is a stew (I guess?) of potatoes, corn on the cob, shrimp, and sausage.

After dinner there was some Sherlock watchin' but I had a migraine (I had just started taking Topamax for chronic headaches at that time but it hadn't really taken full effect yet) so I excused myself early at around 9 pm and went to bed.

I'm not sure what time we woke up on Sunday, February 2nd but I guarantee you I was ready to go in about 20 minutes. Time to hit the road! Even though check in isn't until 3 pm I was well aware that we might be able to get our room early and if not, we could bum around the hotel or hit up Downtown Disney.

Alex and I had asked for WDW gift cards for Christmas as well as for my birthday in January so we had a pretty decent stash. Alex pretended to be a gangsta.

Ga6pqza.jpg

We tried to snap a picture of Lindsay and Stephen as we headed out but they weren't having it.

KMikAlW.jpg

And here's me doing my patented geek wave.

zrgDgE7.jpg

On the road!

Alex does most of the driving on our road trips but even though this was my 11th trip to WDW, I had never actually driven on Disney property before so I insisted that I drive under the arch, onto property, and to our hotel, the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Getting on property was no problem at all. Finding CBR was a whole other thing.

I've always stayed at Shades of Green because my father is retired military (except for two trips where my family decided to stay off property and one where my ex-boyfriend and I stayed at Pop Century). Alex had been to Disney three times before, but neither of us knew where CBR was.

We had the iPhone GPS app Waze up and running but it was taking us a completely different direction than what WDW signage was indicating. For some reason, I decided to trust Waze.

Technically, Waze did get us to CBR. It just took us to some sort of back entrance and we couldn't find whatever the check-in building is called for the life of us. What we did find was Old Port Royale and I was convinced that this was the correct place to check-in. Alex was mildly miffed at this point so he jumped out of the car to check us in while I parked.

Post parking I walked in to Old Port Royale and was immediately advised that I was incorrect but that the lovely CM at the concierge desk was willing and able to check us in anyway. Wish I had his name, but he was dope.

Made sure our Magic Bands were working, linked to our room and our KTTW cards, attached a credit card and assigned a PIN and then we were on our way to our room.

Facebook update: Alex and I are officially in Walt Disney World and checked in at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Had to change into shorts as it is 82 degrees. About to head out for a little somthin' somthin' to tide us over before our California Grill dinner tonight.

We got a first floor, king size bed room in building 14 (I think, if I'm remembering correctly). We toured part of the resort while heading back to Old Port Royale to grab some food.

Sunlight! Warmth! We're here! OMG!

5VEfsrN.jpg

oJ3MdEd.jpg

djlSzUf.jpg

Got ourselves some basic fast food at Old Port Royale as well as some refillable mugs which we loved during this trip then drove over to Downtown Disney.

We window shopped in all the usual Marketplace side stores. Our only purchase was a Magic Band cover for myself.

We definitely stopped by the Lego Store, because we have evidence.

k4Wsk9M.jpg

We had some WalMart shopping to do so after spending about an hour and a half at DTD we found a creepy WalMart to pick up some necessities at.

Bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, bottled water, etc. purchased we dropped these items back off at our room and made our way to the days most exciting event - dinner at the California Grill inside the Contemporary Resort.

Neither of us had ever been to CG so we were pretty excited to be there.

We waited a few moments at the bar before our table was ready. Alex got a cocktail and I got a glass of wine but unfortunately I don't remember what they were.

We had the opportunity to watch two mothers (I assume) and two young girls about four or five girls wait for the elevator to come back up. The two girls were both in princess dresses and running around, twirling and whatnot on the slick floor. Until one of them took a header into the floor and started bleeding from the lips. Yeah. Lots of crying. CMs took care of them very quickly and it didn't look like there was any permanent damage done.

After that moment we were seated and our lovely waitress was Mo and she was very nice. We were seated near the window with a great view of the Magic Kingdom. I wasn't able to get a reservation until 9:15 pm so we were far too late for Wishes! but we would have had a great view from our seats.

For appetizers I ordered a sweet potato soup that no longer appears to be on the CG menu (looks like it was replaced by the Delta Asparagus Soup). Very delicious, but also very rich and filling. Alex ordered the Heirloom Apple and Kale Salad and realized his love for kale.

For entrees I ordered the California Combination Roll (jumbo lump crab with avocado and cucumber and shrimp tempura) while Alex had the Dragon Roll (Spicy and Tataki tuna with shrimp tempura, avocado, chili soy glaze, and spinach salad).

I was extremely full by the time dessert came around but there was no way I was passing up this opportunity so we split the Sundae Sampler (Unique and playful Sundaes with a nostalgic twist: Caramel Corn, Coke Float, and Strawberry and Basil).

Alex took care of the bill while I took in the view on the terrace and after a few minutes he joined me. There was a little bit of music playing and the weather was nice and cool...pretty darn perfect.

We meandered through the hotel, just taking it in as the Contemporary is Alex's dream hotel (mine is the Polynesian) before driving back to CBR.

Facebook post of the evening: Woke up in GA, drove to WDW, checked in, ate lunch, Philip Seymour Hoffman died, went to Downtown Disney, then Walmart, then the Contemporary Resort for dinner at the California Grill. Now in bed. It's been a long day. — with Alex at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.

Day One was all about some Epcot!

We took the resort bus over. All full of people.

I'm usually a very commando WDW tourer (which, according to spellcheck is not a word, but then spellcheck says that "spellcheck" is not a word; it probably wants it to be two words but I don't care), but Alex is not so I was trying very, very hard to take a more laid back approach this time around.

We did not make it by rope drop. And I am okay with that.

The photog CM insisted that we take our sunglasses off for this picture. My prescription glasses have Transitions lenses so they are my sunglasses. The only time I don't wear my glasses is when I'm sleeping or when I'm in the shower so this picture just looks weird to me.

Xq5JCLr.jpg

And an us free picture of Spaceship Earth.

34GEz9S.jpg

That might have been taken before the other one. Hmm.

We used the new Fastpass system with our iPhones and our MagicBands for all four park days but can I remember the exact order of when we went on things? No I cannot.

I know we did Soarin' first and then grabbed some food at Sunshine Seasons because we hadn't eaten any of our previously purchased WalMart food that morning.

Then we Lived with the Land and I got annoyed at a teenage boy who kept sticking his hands in the water and the sand. These things wouldn't happen if they still had live people as tour guides on the boats but whatevs!

We road the wimpy side of Mission: Space. Alex has a heart condition (Atrial Fibrillation) and even though I love thrill rides and have an iron stomach, the last time I rode the real side I got a wicked sinus headache. So we rode the wimpy side but good times were still had by all.

We had intended on riding Test Track but we did not get a Fastpass and the wait time was over half an hour which is my balking point so we passed and never returned.

Much time was spent in Mouse Gears and I know a purchase was made and sent back to the hotel, but I couldn't tell you what it was. Maybe it will come to me later.

We rode one of Alex's favorites, Spaceship Earth and I graciously allowed him to choose our future.

We looked around Innoventions briefly but didn't see much that interested us other than a display of computer servers in a large rack that Alex talked about for a couple of hours (or at least is seemed that way). He's a hardware technician for a large, fruity computer and technology company. I pretended to understand what he was talking about and nodded a lot.

World Showcase was open by now so we headed in that direction and took a right.

Yes, my feet were already hurting by this point so I grabbed a bench while Alex enjoyed the view and took a few pictures. (My feet were pretty rough the first day but actually got better after the first day as they got used to the walking instead of getting worse.)

xpG38Go.jpg

9EYS2Zn.jpg

We enjoyed walking through the pavilions, taking our time and enjoying the shops.

I spent, just, a lot of money in Japan. Candy and a bento box and, just lots of stuff. Alex bought some anime/mecha something or other things that he can build and paint.

We enjoyed some ice cream and people watching and Alex bought a pair of $8 panda flip flops in China since he hadn't brought any for the hotel pool.

We had every intention of going on Maelstrom in Norway. Until we got to Norway and saw that between Akershus and the introduction of Anna and Elsa (of Frozen fame) meet and greets, the place was swamped. Sorry Maelstrom.

We took a brief dip in Mexico but the day was already wearing on us. It was hot, my feet hurt and I was getting cranky.

As per my family's tradition we rode Spaceship Earth once more on the way out of the park. This time I chose our future and it was much more laid back.

The return CBR bus stop was about as far away from the Epcot entrance as I believe it possibly could have been. We got there and I had no shame in popping a squat on the ground while we waited for the bus.

And waited and waited and waited. That bus must have pulled away right before we got there. At about 19 and a half minutes of waiting I called CBR to say Why The Face?! If you've had this issue before their first question is, "Have you been waiting longer than 20 minutes?" No...but come get me, please!

And I know why it takes so long compared to my previous stay at Pop Century. Pop Century has a central bus stop. You may walk longer to and from your room to the bus stop but the bus only has to stop once to pick everybody up. At CBR each "island" has its own stop so its a quick walk to the bus stop but the bus stops 500 times. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I hadn't finished talking to the CBR lady before our bus arrived so I sheepishly put my phone away, boarded, and returned to my room.

After a nice relaxing nap/iPad/TV time in the room, Alex and I decided to skip Illuminations and have a cheap dinner at Old Port Royale followed by some pool time.

Ah, the pool. The sun was going down, the weather was gorgeous and we had the sucker 100% to ourselves. For realz. We spent about 45 minutes to an hour in there before calling it a night and hitting the hay.

Facebook update for Park Day Two: Alex just pulled an "Ashley Dawn!" on me when I didn't want to walk the three steps to move my water bottle from the bedside table to the computer table in the hotel room. Epcot was hard on my feet yesterday, I'm trying to conserve steps! (I may have done an arm out in the air, "grabby, grabby" hand motion, too.)

I am not ashamed.

Our second park day was spent at Disney Hollywood Studios. Again, we rode the park bus and again we didn't make it by rope drop but we were there not much later.

GgrSq0E.jpg

I love these balloons!

VDRSXV5.jpg

Fastpass got us in to Toy Story Mania and Alex whooped me bad but I still had a great time. As good as he is, Alex doesn't love TSM as much as I do because "it's just a glorified video game." He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I was totally gonna salute here but Green Soldier Man stole my salutin' arm.

1hDXy5B.jpg

BTW, that Magic Band cover didn't last me very long as you can see. It kept bunching up and that was annoying.

We headed back down Pixar Way (formerly Mickey Avenue) where I ran into a CM that I used to work with at the Backlot Tour when I did the college program. Now, I did the college program in 2004 so 10 years had passed and he definitely had no clue who I was but nicely pretended and we chatted while Alex got us some drinks at the giant Coke bottle.

We sat down to people watch a bit (we did a lot of this, mostly to keep me from being all go go go and freaking out) in the covered eating place behind the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground (that I also worked at and hated)...can't remember the name of it right now. We drank our drinks and grumbled about humanity. Man, are we cynics. But who eats half of their food and then leaves all of it, including messy sloppy joe sandwiches, just sitting on the table for the CMs to clean up instead of putting it in the trash can two feet away? Apparently, this family of six that we saw, that's who. But I digress.

Star Tours! And Muppets! Yay! We still had some time to pass before our lunchtime ADR for the Sci-Fi Cafe (again, new to both of us) so we headed over to the Writer's Stop because I knew they had leather couches.

I grabbed a seat while Alex looked at some books. I ended up striking up a conversation with a British gentleman and his wife, probably in their 60s, about WDW in general. Then Alex came to join us and talk turned to cars through our shared love of Top Gear. Now, I don't care about cars much at all other than the fact that they get me places, but Top Gear (British version only, please) is hilarious. If you get the chance to watch it, do.

Our friendly British couple excused themselves after a bit and we relaxed for about 10 more minutes before our ADR time.

The ambiance at Sci-Fi is so cool. The clips are way cool. The fried pickle appetizer? No.

The breading is just way too thick. Alex and I were all confused until we realized that we were from Charlotte, NC and therefore fried pickle snobs. My guesstimate is that Sci-Fi did not always have a fried pickle app (actually, this I know). Fried pickles started becoming popular in the south and WDW said, "We need to do some fried pickles" and they did! But the people who did them had no clue what they were doing so...yeah, not good fried pickles. The spicy dipping sauce was good, though.

Oh, I got an unsweet tea to drink (I wasn't raised in the south, yo, I like my tea unsweet) and Alex got a beer that I don't remember the name of.

I ate the Vegetable Burger minus the tomatoes because I don't like tomatoes. It was decent taste wise but kept falling apart. Needs a binder or something. The sweet potato fries were very good.

Alex got food. I don't remember what it was but he liked it just fine.

The stand out was dessert. Out-of-This-World Turtle Cheesecake recommended by our server (because we couldn't decide). It was truly amazing and they should have it at every restaurant!

Welcome LindseyLou2222, Laura Bell, and Angeejoe!

Hey, I found this picture from our DHS morning. My imgur album is not in chronological order.

Everybody say aww!

jcsK8ZY.jpg

After lunch we watched Lights! Motors! Action! for Alex's benefit. I enjoyed the sitting down process.

Afterwards I really wanted to ride Tower of Terror as it's my favorite ride in all of WDW. Alex is just not having it at all so he decided to go to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. We had looked at it briefly during our last trip, but he wanted to be able to spend a little bit more time there. So we split up.

I do specifically remember that I had a Fastpass for ToT but when I got there the wait time was posted at 13 minutes so I figured I'd have plenty of time to go through the regular line, ride, go through the FP line, ride again, and then meet Alex so we could get ready for Fantasmic!

I went to get into the regular line and was handed the Important Red Plastic Card of Responsibility on my way through. No problem, I know what's going on. I marched my happy behind up to the end of the line, about halfway through the garden area (not fully open or anything, but the typical queue when it's not super crazy busy)...and then stopped. And waited.

Now I've been to WDW 11 times and I did a College Program Internship in 2004 at DHS (when it was still Disney MGM Studios) and ToT is my favorite ride. When I say I've been on this ride over 100 times, I'm not exaggerating. There was no way this was going to be only a 13 minute wait. I don't know if the wait time sign was wrong or if something had happened upstream, but we weren't moving and I had a Fastpass.

So I made myself look like a total nerd while I walked out of line, returned my Important Red Plastic Card of Responsibility, and hopped in the Fastpass line.

Yay! Library, boiler room, elevator, twilight zone, up, down, up, down, whee!

I love that stuff!

Grabbed myself a yummy strawberry slush at the little cart just outside of the ToT dump shop and enjoyed Sunset Boulevard until Alex was able to meet me.

This was his WD: OMD photographic contribution.

EDJL1zi.jpg

We quickly jumped in the queue for Fantasmic! No line to speak of, just the walk back to the amphitheater. Settled into some decent seats, bought some popcorn and bottled water and tried to make the most of the truly terrible (sorry, but, they just were) pre-show entertainment CMs. We did chat with a few of the families around us including some 20 something couples with Harry Potter themed t-shirts that had their respective Hogwarts houses. Ravenclaw represent!

We also talked to a family with two young girls who were also from North Carolina. Alex and I always seem to confuse other people from North Carolina because neither of us have accents. My father was in the military until I was 12 so we didn't move to the Charlotte area until that time and I flat out refused to take on a southern accent. Alex is from southern Virginia but he just never took to it, I guess. I does come out when he drinks, though. We had been together months before I heard him say "nekkid" and I lost it. Anyway...

Before the show started the pre-show entertainment CMs pulled up a couple that was celebrating their fourth anniversary. I got all excited thinking that I was going to see a proposal because I got to see one before a showing of Beauty and the Beast back when Four For a Dollar used to perform. Alex pointed out that they were probably celebrating their four year wedding anniversary because not many couples date for four years without getting married. So I smacked him on the arm and said, "We've been dating three years and six months!" and he said, "I'm just not ready yet!" *sigh*

We have no pictures of Fantasmic! because Alex had never seen it before and I just wanted him to enjoy it.

And so he did and we left the park afterwards and went back to CBR at which point we decided we couldn't eat at Old Port Royale any more!

We *gasp* headed off property to Uno Pizza at Crossroads for some food.

Once we came back Alex wanted to go in the pool again but I really wasn't feeling the whole, change into your suit, change back, wet hair, blah, blah, blah, hassle. So Alex swam and I sat in a deck chair by the pool and updated my mom on our trip as this is only the second WDW trip I've ever taken without her and she was pretty jealous.

And then we passed out. Once we got back to our room, of course.

Facebook update of the morning: Disney's Animal Kingdom day today. Time to get my Expedition Everest on!

Again we bussed it on over to the park and got there just after rope drop. The Picture in Front of the Park Icon tradition continues.

RsUhdeM.jpg

This day in particular I am struggling to remember the order of things we went on.

Festival of the Lion King is usually at the top of my To Do list but it was closed during this trip so I know we didn't do that.

I'm pretty sure our first stop was Kilimanjaro Safari but we got there so quickly it was too early for our Fastpass so we passed some time in the nearby shops and bought a toy for a little girl we babysit for. One of those noise makers with the clacky balls that hit it from either side in giraffe print with a Mickey head on it. You know what I'm talking about! You know! Anyway, her dad is a drummer so we figured he deserved it.

Once it was time for our Fastpass we got in line and that FP line was super long, but it disappeared quickly. I think we had the earliest FP time and everybody got in line all at once.

Obligatory Safari pictures!

BTW, we got in the front row and chatted with the CM since we were of nearby age (all of the college CMs are a little younger of course, but I still have no idea how to be an adult so it works out).

I have no idea what order these should be in. Don't judge me.

Sleepy Rhino

4HhSl7P.jpg

Sleepy Lion (theming anybody?)

ZeMOLdh.jpg

Something with horns (please feel free to identify in the comments)

9uvaVgk.jpg

Hippos and birds (Cranes? IDK?)

PR7VNSt.jpg

Lioness (see, no order, this obviously was supposed to be back with the sleepy lion)

mkNxqiJ.jpg

Giraffe

FkoEfYg.jpg

More Sleepy Lion But This Time From Further Away!

z5CkV5P.jpg

A mammal of some sort

i7dj6u2.jpg

Alligators? Crocodiles? (I'm too lazy to google)

h2CxwZd.jpg

And because this is a family board, I leave you with this. Just count the legs, baby.

Boy Elephant

NHqWxic.jpg

We did the African walking trail next.

SJn6qaY.jpg

Oh my Flying Spaghetti Monster, how cute is this guy. Poor little thing was just intent on keeping his family and pals out of danger, always on the lookout. I just wanted to pick him up and say, "You're in Disney. Nothing's going to get you here. It's ok. Take a nap."

lmB6gKq.jpg

We watched the Gorillas for awhile. This guy didn't do much but he was so gorgeous. There was another guy who was collecting sticks and leafyness by holding them between his chin and shoulder. Apparently this is common, but I had never seen it before and was in wonder and couldn't stop watching. I really adore apes.

Even though Alex doesn't like thrill rides very much I had convinced him to ride just one during this trip and he chose Expedition Everest so we headed there next (the order is coming back to me as I type).

pXEX8NE.jpg

PX6LyLR.jpg

Alex enjoyed it a lot and bought a pin to commemorate the event. Or so that he could say, "See! I rode a roller coaster for you!"

We wandered through DinoLand USA and rode Dinosaur which I had not done in years. I forgot how much it throws you around. I have no problem with thrill rides in general but I think I bruised my pancreas on the seatbelt thingy.

We had some lunch at one of the DinoLand USA Quick Service locations and I ordered off of the kids menu because my migraine prescription had started kicking in and loss of appetite is a side effect. My food came in a sand bucket so we gave that away to a nearby family with a little girl. The girl gave us the side eye but her grandma seemed to appreciate the gesture.

And then we were out of there. We were done. We had dinner at Boma that night and we were starting to wear out so we bussed back to CBR and napped.

By this point you have noticed that Alex and I 100% failed with the food porn. We like food, we don't take pictures of it before we eat it, we just eat it.

Boma was lovely, and gorgeous, and wonderful. I had been there once before and I was trying to do new restaurants this trip because I usually go to WDW with my family and they are creatures of habit, but I had to go back to Boma.

Yeah, we don't have any pictures. But here's a list of all the stuff I ate from the buffet.

Apple Jicama Salad
Carrot Ginger Soup
Chicken Salad with Chili Cilantro
Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
Kool Slaai
Lentils and Sausage Soup
Pasta Salad
Bobotie
Mater Paneer
Pap and Chakalaka

Actually the thing I ate the most of doesn't seem to be listed on the allears.net menu which was jasmine rice with almonds, I believe. I have a rice problem. I'm addicted to rice of all sorts. Chinese fried rice, Mexican rice, saffron rice. I love me some rice. So I ate a lot of rice.

I also had a coconut water based non-alcoholic specialty drink and desserts including Zebra Domes, of course.

Who knows what Alex ate. He ate food and he loved it. Boma wins again! If you haven't been to Boma, go to Boma. If you're scared, there's the kid food buffet and adults get stuff there all the time (besides, who's gonna know if you're getting food for you or your kid back at the table), but don't be scared. BOMA!

Out of all the mornings and days and nights of this trip, this was the one where I felt closes to Violet Beauregard after she turned into a blueberry. Just...lots of rice and other food, people. I think a Zebra Dome might have fallen out of my mouth at the end of the night because my body said, "Nope, can't sit here" like that kid in Forrest Gump.

BOMA!

And then we went to CBR and passed out. Exit stage left.

People. We are at the fourth and final park day of this short and wonderful trip. This was our Magic Kingdom day. I know this Trip Report has been thrown together somewhat haphazardly and there haven't been a ton of pictures. But I was not kidding around on Magic Kingdom day. Pay attention.

It was Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 0600 (ish) hours when I posted on facebook the following:

Good morning, world! The things I do for the Magic Kingdom.

Oooh! Exciting!

MK had Extra Magic Hours beginning at 8 am that morning and darned if I wasn't determined to get there before rope drop so that Alex could see the opening show. So we were up all sorts of early because it takes Alex forever to wake up.

We decided to drive to the TTC that morning and take the monorail to the park, leave the car there and take a bus back to the hotel for our afternoon break, bus back to the park for fireworks and dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table in the evening and then monorail back to the car.

The morning ran smoothly.

Urgh. There are more pictures from this day than any other day and the before mentioned non-chronological order of my imgur album is a pain.

Okay.

Pretty!

5fX61HS.jpg

Before the opening show, thanks to a lovely CM.

35mnjew.jpg

I bounced around a lot waiting for the show to start and then it did and it was happy and peppy and we got inside and high tailed it to Fantasyland!

But first we saw a crane and wind blew my hair weird places (it was chilly this day).

pEIdxOP.jpg

hngf5T3.jpg

mpI03qx.jpg

Oh, hi old boring Fantasyland, how are you? Good, okay, bye!

New Fantasyland!

jy6Eh4i.jpg

Hnnng. I. Love. Beauty and the Beast. Just...love. On a deep level. On a, "This is the movie that convinced a young Ashley that it was possible to find love even if you are fat and ugly," level. So, yeah.

We weren't able to get dinner reservations for Be Our Guest and I honestly think the idea of doing Quick Service inside that castle would have just ruined it for me. But Disney knows how people are so before they open for lunch they (or at least in February they did) allowed people to go inside and look around certain areas.

gmgdKz7.jpg

jtpwyjD.jpg

They play the music from the movie. But without the words all classy like. I cried. This would have been the high point of my trip if it weren't for other things. If you like BatB, go here. And bring tissues.

We looked around the big top gift shop and didn't find anything we wanted to buy.

We rode the Ariel ride. Usually I'm a stickler for using the correct names for rides and everything, but this stuff is still new and I can't remember and I'm doing this at work with dual monitors that currently have seven tabs open so I just can't be bothered to google at the moment.

The Ariel ride was very pretty and well done. Definitely worth doing at least once, especially if you're a big Little Mermaid fan, but otherwise it's pretty straight forward and I think I'm fine with just the one ride.

After that we wandered back to the BatB section to do some looking around at Gaston's.

Outside

CMQ9Ct1.jpg

Inside.

OzFvmqu.jpg

There's a restroom right in between Gaston's and a little BatB themed gift shop and while I took a bathroom break, a random guest came up to Alex and tipped him off to the fact that if you take a picture of the Gaston statue from a certain angle it looks like Gaston might need to join you in the bathroom.

4MzMkP6.jpg

Awesome.

Also, Rapunzel's Tower.

mLWCdX4.jpg

It was almost 9 am at this point and the park was about to open to regular people (you heard me) so we made our way over to Adventureland where we were greeted by more rope until the 9 am opening.

Pretty sure we hit up Jungle Cruise first. We had a Fastpass for later that day but it was just opening with almost nobody in line so we hopped in the queue.

We got to watch about six or seven boats float on by without boarding anybody because they were still training newbies/running the boats to make sure all was good and whatnot.

When we finally got on it was in fact the first official boat of the day and it was worth the wait because we got to see the backside of water. That can't just happen everyday, right?

We rode Pirates of the Caribbean next. Always good times.

We skipped over Frontierland to Liberty Square for a ride on the Haunted Mansion and some quick food at Columbia Harbor House.

Alex ordered food at CHH while I grabbed a seat and watched yet another little girl bite the dust. I'm starting to think I'm bringing it on like a bad omen or something. Dad was watching two girls with a baby in a stroller and they were all sitting at picnic table/bench type table and the one girl...missed, I guess, and hit her nose against the table in a downward motion. I wasn't trying to be all nosy (I'm sorry) but I was sitting just nearby and it didn't look like it was bleeding, she just got hurt. Dad handled it great telling her that she wasn't bleeding, nothing was broken or busted, and it would stop hurting if she stopped thinking about it and thought about Disney instead. Aww.

Alex came back with our food and two Mickey head shaped crazy straws that he said he was given for free! Woo free stuff!

Alex had expressed a desire to ride the WDW train so I had said we could do a full loop. After we ate we walked back to Frontierland and boarded the train there with the intent to ride all the way back and then walk from Frontierland to Tomorrowland.

By the time we got to the next stop, however, it was just too cold to keep going so we got off there. Wherever there officially is now. Fantasyland or Tomorrowland or Nowhereland?

We had intended to spend some time in Tomorrowland but I had foolishly believed I would enjoy the cooler weather of that day in a tank top and was freezing so we figured it would be a good time for our break and went back to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter