What exactly did I say "Yes!" to? (This title has a nice "ring" to it.)

Oh my dog, the bus back to Magic Kingdom that evening? Chock full o' cheerleaders. And the bus driver was hockey stick bent on cramming us all in there so it was standing room only and you got really friendly with your neighbor. Well, not with them so much as with their body parts.

But we're back in the Kingdom of Magicness to it's all good, right.

I'm all happiness and light and Alex grabs this picture for the girl that we babysit for because she loves Minnie.

QRGQCr3.jpg

(We're not the standing in line for characters type.)

So we're right at the little round thingy at the beginning of Main Street that they do character meet and greets at that has a curb and so forth and I see Mary Poppins and something happened, I don't know what it was, but it had something to do with the curb, my being distracted by Mary Poppins, my feet, and my general lack of coordination.

I fell down. Hard. Landed on my knees banging my right one up pretty hard.

Mary Poppins handler came rushing right over to make sure I was okay to which I think I replied, "Peachy! KTHXBAI!" and then told Alex, "People can see me! Get me out of here!"

We laugh about it now. Ah, the day that I fell down and Dick Van Dyke tried to save me.

I power walked as fast as I could to Tomorrowland and stopped at the bathrooms on the right near Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant where I excused myself, closed myself into a stall, allowed myself a 30 second freak out and then pulled myself together.

Alex and I enjoyed the Carousel of Progress next and then rode the Tomorrowland Transit Authority WEDWay PeopleMover 500 Names (which I looove) over and over again until about 45 minutes before Wishes! started.

We hadn't really planned an exact spot to watch the fireworks so we were somewhat aimless, but quickly jumped into Mickey's Star Traders as the rain started to pour down.

We played with a lot of Star Wars related garb and luckily the rain let up after a few minutes so we ended up grabbing a spot to watch the fireworks on the bridge near Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. We still had awhile to go before the fireworks but we were joined by a college aged CM who was photographing the fireworks and spent the time talking to him and watching the pre-show on the castle itself.

Wishes! was beautiful, of course. Again, I don't have any pictures because we chose to simply relax and enjoy the show. Besides, we weren't in a particularly great spot for pictures and it was still dreary out.

Our ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table wasn't until 9:10 and we had plenty of time so we went back to New Fantasyland to take in the sights and just look around in shops.

About 15 minutes before our ADR time I figured we'd hop on over and check in. Apparently it doesn't work that way at Cinderella's house. We weren't allowed to check in until 9:10 on the dot and were summarily sent away. No, they were cool. Cinderella was still at tea so they asked us to come back at 9:10.

I don't remember the name of the shop, but there's one right near by that we ducked into. I immediately saw a ridiculous crown, plopped it on my head, and turned to Alex to ask if I should buy it. He had disappeared. Poof, thin air.

Whatever, this is my home court, he knew where I was. I looked around some more and found a treasure trove of Princess Sofia/Sofia the First items and grabbed them up for my niece as she loves Princess Sofia and we hadn't seen any Princess Sofia items during out entire trip.

Alex reappeared so we looked around a bit more, paid for our stuffs, and headed back to Cinderella's Castle where it had just turned 9:10 and we were allowed inside along with the other 9:10 reservations.

Is it the moment you've been waiting for? Quite possibly?

We met Cindy.

LXSA6Wi.jpg

And then we waited forever to be called upstairs. It was probably about 45 minutes or so before we were called but we did get to see adorable kids, mostly girls, meeting Cinderella, so that was cute.

We finally got upstairs and seated at our window side table.

X7DSpLs.jpg

Squee!

EVD77k7.jpg

Again, I don't remember what Alex had to eat, I wasn't paying attention to his food, I had my own food to pay attention to.

I had the Castle Salad for my appetizer.

For my meal I did a little mixing and matching of entrees that no longer appear to be offered because they're not on allears.net.

It was chicken breast with scalloped potatoes and sauteed apples and cranberries. Oh, and broccolini. They pretty much gave me whatever I wanted. I think they liked me in there.

As we were eating we were visited by princesses.

I don't remember the original order, but you get the idea.

Snow White

cAByyhD.jpg

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

2PQehOF.jpg

Jasmine

tJLDe6L.jpg

Ariel

3FxLZvC.jpg

We ordered dessert and I contemplated the remaining bread roll left on our table.

bAKUi6t.jpg

I love that picture. :)

It seemed like it was taking awhile for dessert to arrive but eventually our waitress showed up with a silver covered plate which seemed overly fancy to me, but I rolled with it and opened it up to discover an etched glass slipper.

Yowza, right?

I was well aware of the glass slippers that can be purchased here and was amazed that Alex would buy one for me but still not prepared for what happened next.

In the same moment I saw Alex stand up from his seat and move in front of me from my right I also noticed a photographer walk up from my left.

And then Alex got down on one knee in front of me and asked me to marry him.

People! Stop crying!

I said yes an unknown number of times. More than two, but less than seven, I believe and Alex said, "Well put on the ring then!" I thought he was going to put it on me. I don't know, this is my first proposal.

Everything afterward was somewhat whirlwindy so onto the pictures. FYI there are a ton more so I narrowed it down for you.

vuSIcFK.jpg

H9EjCl4.jpg

QzqPchn.jpg

3pkiHzk.jpg

Kj9Mbl3.jpg

bofGWL2.jpg

us5URrz.jpg

Then there are a whole bunch of kissing pictures. I'll spare you most of that.

tF6p1tk.jpg

vVonkKI.jpg

mUtMg6W.jpg

RaJiUbQ.jpg

Lmvoq3J.jpg

DvoObY5.jpg

PXqNBzW.jpg

vVonkKI.jpg

The photographer wanted a few "engagementy" shots

cYnm5YT.jpg

c0HgZp8.jpg

And we were brought some "champagne" that was sparkling apple juice.

YQeEl2m.jpg

OyQWxb8.jpg

This was Alex telling me that literally every other person in our lives knew about this. My parents, his parents, all of our friends, our neighbors, the lady who gave him the free Mickey head crazy straws earlier that day. Everybody.

OC0jwnG.jpg

LEpdpUZ.jpg

So we sat our happy booties back down and got our actual desserts which were all sorts of chocolate and Ariel and Snow White came back for round two to congratulate us.

lVyfXH4.jpg

CbM7Rxr.jpg

JEYs4Cz.jpg

Snow White asked if I met my prince in a scary forest and I said, "Yeah, a scary forest called Craigslist," and she said, "Oh, that is a scary forest!"

I think Alex was hitting on Ariel here.

AypcO9s.jpg

S2ITTDB.jpg

These pictures of the glass slipper (which was ours to keep along with the champagne flutes) were taken before the proposal. It has our names, the date of the proposal and "happily ever after" etched into it.

msHsdKN.jpg

icICyDK.jpg

SC7DVOM.jpg

By the time we left it was just after 11 pm and we wandered somewhat giddily down Main Street.

I think this pretty much sums up the day.

Lmsp4zd.jpg

It was late enough that the monorail was no longer running so we took the ferry back to the TTC along with two other couples who were vacationing together that we chatted with. Alex admitted that when he had disappeared earlier that night while I was trying on silly crowns it was to make sure the reservation was noted with the proposal package, something he had also done during a "bathroom break" before we had headed into Adventureland that morning. He also said that our long wait for the table was because the proposal package is only done at certain tables due to the photography portion.

I think there were some other people somewhere on the ferry as well because as we left the ferry captain came on the loud speaker thingy and congratulated us as "the happy couple who just got engaged".

We got back into the car and Alex kept trying to get me to call my parents but it was so late that I didn't want to wake them up. I finally gave in by the time we got back to the hotel but neither of them answered their cell phones. *womp womp*

I called it a night and slept happily.

Honestly, after all that, the rest of this Trip Report is going to sound somewhat...boring and normal, but you gotta do it right?

Alex and I had found out the day before that Alex's uncle and aunt on his dad's side were in WDW the same time we were so we had decided to meet for breakfast at Kouzzina's. Alex didn't meet his father until he was 32 so he's not as close to his father's side, but they welcomed him into the family wonderfully considering they didn't even know he existed for such a long time.

Breakfast was at 8:30 so we got up, quick packed, and jumped in the car and I started calling family members so that I could post on facebook.

Lucky for me, it was still a work day and most people didn't answer so I left voice mails. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone (and I knew people were going to be all, "Aww! Tell me the whole story right this very second!") and I was in a rush.

Posted this right before we reached Kouzzina's.

Last night's dinner at Cinderella's Castle came with a side order of engagement ring.

Breakfast was wonderful. I got the Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Scrambled Eggs minus the tomato; also comes with breakfast potatoes and bacon or chicken sausage. I think I got sausage.

Group shot plus bonus photo bomb!

ax5DoBG.jpg

And that was it. I had actually added an additional day to our tickets the day before so that we could spend a little more time in one of the parks before we drove back to Georgia, but the weather was still rainy and dreary and we were kind of physically and emotionally worn out so we decided to forfeit the $20 and head out.

We spend the night with Alex's aunt and uncle in Savannah again and then came back home to Charlotte, NC the day after.

It's been five months since and I'm still pretty sure I made the right decision to say yes.

;)

Thank you for posting your story, I totally enjoyed it. I always love stories with more story than pictures, and yours was great. Congratulations on your engagement!

Great report and even better that you got engaged in WDW! Very happy for you - being engaged is such a happy time so enjoy every moment of it!

Thank you for all of the congratulations, everybody!

I think my family's starting to get tired of me, though. I have a two and a half year old niece who watched a lot of Disney movies and every time the Cinderella Castle Disney logo comes on at the beginning of the movie I yell, "I got engaged there!"

I have no intention of ever stopping this. Ever.

These are Ankole Cattle.
Something with horns (please feel free to identify in the comments)

9uvaVgk.jpg

Wildebeest
A mammal of some sort

i7dj6u2.jpg

Nile Crocodile

Alligators? Crocodiles? (I'm too lazy to google)

h2CxwZd.jpg

The safari is one of my favorite rides so I know the animals.

Congrats on you engagement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter