What exactly is needed for 30 day online check in?

Goofylou

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Please can someone tell me exactly what is needed on the 30 day check in, do we need to do vaccine proof at this time ?

Thanks in advance

Vaccine proof is in safe passage at the 15 day mark. Online checkin needs a selfie of everyone as well as a photo of your passports. You also need to set up payment for your cabin and select a PAT.

If you are traveling without passports, you also need a photo of the birth certificate AND For anyone over 15 a photo of photo ID. So for DD16 I needed 3 items (with selfie). For DD13 I needed 2. You cannot save 1 doc for a person and add other docs later without starting over, so have everything you need for that person before you begin. You can save between guests.

Looking for some guidance from anyone who has done the 30 day online check-in already. I am cruising next month and traveling with 2 family members from another state and don't want to be doing check-in at midnight and find out I am missing something....

My party consists of myself and my 2 sons, all platinum DCL and all with passports, so should be no problem there. However, my brother and his 6 year old son are with us - first time cruisers. NO passports. Further complicating things, my brother is not on his son's birth certificate (just found this out).

So I have: pix of everyone; pix of brother's DL; pix of nephew and brother's birth certificates; my passport; my son's passports. My brother and his girlfriend are getting the Minor Authorization form notarized tomorrow (from her) for him to take my nephew on the cruise.

Am I missing anything?? Do I need front and back for any of these docs or is just front enough? Is there any trick to uploading the pix or anything I should know?

My understanding is that I won't need our vaccine cards uploaded until the 15 day mark? And of course my nephew will have to take the negative test 3 days out...

Okay, so to answer my own question, haha, I did have everything I needed....one snag, my Brother's DL expires before the cruise. I know he is planning on getting it renewed, but when i checked in it asked for expiration date and then said "has to be valid at sail date". So I just added a year, but of course the photo shows it expires THIS year. Do you think they are going to reject my online check in and I will lose my PAT? I have reached out to my brother to find out when he will get his DL renewed....

Vaccine proof is in safe passage at the 15 day mark. Online checkin needs a selfie of everyone as well as a photo of your passports. You also need to set up payment for your cabin and select a PAT.
By chance, do you recall how recent the photo needs to be? We sailed on August 27 and I wouldn't mind using the same one again.

Okay, so to answer my own question, haha, I did have everything I needed....one snag, my Brother's DL expires before the cruise. I know he is planning on getting it renewed, but when i checked in it asked for expiration date and then said "has to be valid at sail date". So I just added a year, but of course the photo shows it expires THIS year. Do you think they are going to reject my online check in and I will lose my PAT? I have reached out to my brother to find out when he will get his DL renewed....

So my brother went to renew his DL and they have to mail it to him. They promised him he would receive by the day he has to fly out, but for now he has a paper copy with his photo :oops: I went back to my online checkin and loaded photo of that, vs. his DL that expires before the cruise. I will see if I get any push back from DCL. My online check in is still "pending review"....

So my brother went to renew his DL and they have to mail it to him. They promised him he would receive by the day he has to fly out, but for now he has a paper copy with his photo :oops: I went back to my online checkin and loaded photo of that, vs. his DL that expires before the cruise. I will see if I get any push back from DCL. My online check in is still "pending review"....
It stays pending until a few days before departure.

What is a PAT?

Would love a little assistance with details, if I may as a piggy-back question, please!

We have our passports as JPEGs and our CDC cards as adobe acrobat docs. Will DCL accept the upload of the JPEGs and SafePassage accept the AAs?

Thanks in advance!

Would love a little assistance with details, if I may as a piggy-back question, please!

We have our passports as JPEGs and our CDC cards as adobe acrobat docs. Will DCL accept the upload of the JPEGs and SafePassage accept the AAs?

Thanks in advance!

I’m pretty sure our passport and vax cards were PDF files for our August cruise. Rules may have changed since since though.

Thanks in advance!

JPGS only. I had JPGS and PDFS in the same folder to upload but when I went to both sites, only the JPGS showed up as being able to upload.

I’m pretty sure our passport and vax cards were PDF files for our August cruise. Rules may have changed since since though.
JPGS only. I had JPGS and PDFS in the same folder to upload but when I went to both sites, only the JPGS showed up as being able to upload.

Thank you both for the help. It be nice if DCL gave you a heads-up as to what file format they need (if it is so specific) before you're sitting down attempting to check in at midnight...or did I miss something?

I have to do safe passage tomorrow. Do I just need pix of our CDC cards (accept for the 6 year old in our group, who doesn't have one)? Anything else needed for safe passage at the 15 day mark?

Stupid question: when everyone is saying 'selfie,' I'm assuming they just mean a recent picture? it doesn't have to a be a literal selfie, right?

Stupid question: when everyone is saying 'selfie,' I'm assuming they just mean a recent picture? it doesn't have to a be a literal selfie, right?
Exactly. Dh and I took a shoulders-up picture of each other. Think of it like a passport photo, just less strict with measurements and proportions.

Thanks in advance!
pdf worked for me! I lost my vaccine card and had to dowload the pdf from CVS. I uploaded a pdf for me and jpeg for my kids on the safepassage website. Both worked great and both were since marked as "clear."
On a sidenote - one of the kids had their card rejected at first due to a missing birth date. Make sure you write that in if it's not there before taking your photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter