What Exactly is Room Ready ... ?

My request is only non-smoking. I've been offered smoking rooms at check in or the opportunity to wait for my assigned room later on. Usually it's ready between 4-4:30. (This is mostly at BCV.)

I don't believe it either. Last year we stayed in a Studio on a Sat night, to move to a 2 bdrm Sun am. Went to desk at 7am to "check in" for new room (both were at BWV). We ate bkfst and I took kids to pool to wait for room while DH took his parents to MGM. Thinking was we'd swim, shower and the kids would sleep (we'd gotten in VERY late the night before. Think we had lights out about 3am). At 5pm!!!! I STILL did not have a room. They apologized, but I was so tired I didn't care. Really messed up our first day (AND night, since we had booked Breathless and were dead tired). Since I was out at the pool supervising kids and looking like I'd been in a train wreck after getting in and out of the pool all day, I didn't ever go into the lobby and check in person. I kept thinking, "oh, it will be ready soon." My husband about died when he got back from a day at MGM and we were still at the pool.

This was in January. I will say that it was about three rooms off the elevator, so that was nice, but it was a standard view, no special requests besides non-smoking.:confused3

In thinking about this, I am now wondering something completely new (but still on topic)!

We tend to stay at a moderate the night before our Sunday check in. This next trip, we are staying at POR and I plan to run over to SSR early to "check in" for our GV and 1 bdrm. Would anything be gained (or would CM get irritated) if I went over on Sat and nicely asked if there was more than one GV available for Sun check in with our request? If there was only one, then there would be no reason to head over there early, likewise there would be no getting my hopes up if our request wasn't even going to be available. I only consider this, since GV aren't very common... If the CM said, "No, all of the GV will be available tomorrow as everyone is moving out on Sun (unlikely with the high points on weekends and the fact this is Jan we're talking about) I'd make sure to get there really early.

OR...Due to the fact that we've linked the GV with the 1bdrm through Grand Gatherings, is it more likely they will be completely preassigned and it won't matter when I go over in the morning? Guess it won't hurt me to go Sun am, more than anything I'm just curious about what you think about the process, the other thing is that I'm trying to get into the GV early enough to get everyone ready for dinner and a Magical Fireworks cruise, wondering if that's even possible.

This is an interesting thread. We are arriving this Wednesday at approx. 8pm (we land at MCO at 7pm). I only requested Congress Park as my 1st req and a higher floor as my second. (no longer have to make smoking my first priority...yyyiiippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............!!!oops..sorry little off topic there)

I will be interested to see what I get as far as a studio since we arrive. The last two times we stayed we didn't get our requests but I'm ok as I know they are just requests anyhow. After all..I'm at Disney so I'm happy...!

Esmerelda :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter