What expenses am I forgetting?

You can get the photopass at 99$, but you have to pre-order it before the trip. If you pay after the trip, I believe it's more expensive.

Forgot about Mousekeeping! What do you usually leave? Tipping in hotels is new to me. My family never did growing up so I didn't think you had to, just learning this recently as MIL was a housekeeper and she said we have to do it. What's the norm?

Personally speaking we leave about 7-10 dollars a day--there will be five of us in the room--but how much you leave is really up to you

You can get the photopass at 99$, but you have to pre-order it before the trip. If you pay after the trip, I believe it's more expensive.

Absolutely! You can purchase pre-visit photopass at the DisneyParks site.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer (sorry can't get this url to work)

And I usually leave $3 or $4 a day for Mousekeeping for the two of us - we get a little messy sometimes - just too happily tired to clean up behind ourselves sometimes...

Oops! I forgot some details.....

Two sons, when we travel they will be 4 and 5. I think they will be a little young to do the pin trading, and they won't understand that they pins are like $15 to buy new in order to trade, so I was hoping to pass on that part of WDW. Good or bad idea, anyone?

Also, I forgot about some of the food stands not taking the DDP, we will have the deluxe. The one thing that worries me is that we plan on having 4 meals that are 2 dining credits, and the tips are going to be outrageous! Oh well, part of the experience, right? My dh and I are both former servers so we tip on the greater side.

Thanks for the input!

My youngest is 6 and is more into the pin trading than my oldest. So I guess its a personal call. We are addicted. I even went on ebay and purchased trader pins for our up coming trip.

What are your 2 credit dinings? I know when we did Hoop De Doo that included the tip.

Our 2 credit meals are:

Spirit of Aloha (I think tip in included in that one??)
Yachtsman
California Grill
Jiko

I plan on getting wine (lots of it, lol) with all of our fancy dinners so the bill will probably get large fast. I'm planning on $50 tip for each of these places just so that we'll maybe have extra. I like to over estimate so that when there's extra it can go towards souveniers or other things.

OP, i think you've done a great job :) $20 for quarters for laundry should be more than enough. check your wal-mart for single load packs of laundry detergent-i saw them at my local store just a few days ago and you'll save a ton. i hadn't planned on doing laundry on our last trip, but then DH realized that 3 pair of his jeans didn't fit, so, of course, the 3 pair that did fit were dirty and we had to wash them!

Our 2 credit meals are:

Spirit of Aloha (I think tip in included in that one??)
Yachtsman
California Grill
Jiko

I plan on getting wine (lots of it, lol) with all of our fancy dinners so the bill will probably get large fast. I'm planning on $50 tip for each of these places just so that we'll maybe have extra. I like to over estimate so that when there's extra it can go towards souveniers or other things.

We went to Yachtsman last trip. I loved the escargot.

For a 4 and 5 year old- I think you should bring some quarters and pennies for the pressed penny machines. That was a big hit with my 2 and 6 year olds-and pretty inexpensive in the grand scheme of things...

Two sons, when we travel they will be 4 and 5. I think they will be a little young to do the pin trading, and they won't understand that they pins are like $15 to buy new in order to trade, so I was hoping to pass on that part of WDW. Good or bad idea, anyone?

Our last trip, we were there for DD's 5th birthday. On her birthday was when two castmembers gave her pins. I also thought she'd be too young for pintrading and wasn't planning on doing it. She didn't seem too interested with the first two pins, but when a third castmember gave her a pin the next day, suddenly she took notice. Luckily there are some pins that are only $6.95. I made her stick to those and I only bought her three or four. For our next trip in August, I've already gone onto ebay and purchased some.

What Disney transportation is that? Are you talking about getting to Disney and back home again? Just checking because once you are there, the Disney transportation is included and therefore free. Your only additional consideration would be, as another poster said, tip for the ME driver. Looks like you've done great! :thumbsup2

If you are big water drinkers, remember that bottled water in the parks can add up too and if this is the case, it may be worth ordering a case or two to be shipped to your resort. ;)

You can get FREE water at all the food stands in the park (a cup of ice and water). We didn't know this until last time we went. Before, we were spending 20-30 bucks a day on water.

Uuugghhhh, I hate the penny press machines! I know the kids LOVE them, but I can't stand them, lol!! They just get lost or thrown away. Is it .50c to press a penny? We have them at the Milwaukee Zoo and they're always begging to do it. That and the "plastic injection animal former machine". However, I would rather do the pennies than that anyday!

I forgot too that Raglan Road isn't on the DDP, have to set aside $$ for that meal/tip.

Thanks so much, you all have been more than helpful!!!!!

Heidi.

Aaahhhhh, laundry money!!!! I do plan on doing a few loads on our "rest day." $2 a load to wash and dry, maybe $10 total? I'll pack a few fabric softener sheets, maybe look into those pellet things for soap so I don't have to buy it there. Thanks!!

You might want to consider Purex laundry detergent/dryer sheet combos. They come in a plastic container for easy packing, and since the detergent is in the sheet, you don't have to worry about spilling powder or liquid.

DH got us some samples in the mail recently. Can't remember where he signed us up...maybe purex's website? They were full size sheets, but only a couple in the package. They worked really well. :)

Thanks for the laundry suggestion YodaGirl! I knew there was some product like that but wasn't sure who made it. Going to look next time I'm at the store!

Uuugghhhh, I hate the penny press machines! I know the kids LOVE them, but I can't stand them, lol!! They just get lost or thrown away. Is it .50c to press a penny? We have them at the Milwaukee Zoo and they're always begging to do it. That and the "plastic injection animal former machine". However, I would rather do the pennies than that anyday!

I forgot too that Raglan Road isn't on the DDP, have to set aside $$ for that meal/tip.

Thanks so much, you all have been more than helpful!!!!!

Heidi.

I'm pretty sure that Raglan Road is on the DDP. See link to DDP brochure.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...DisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining_updated2.pdf

baggage fee at the airport. both ways. some carriers let you pay online before and some only take credit cards at checkin.

kate

Hhmmm, in the UG 2010 edition it says that it isn't on the DDP. On the link you posted I couldn't find where it says either way. I'll have to do some more research, it would be so nice if it was on the DDP!!

Hhmmm, in the UG 2010 edition it says that it isn't on the DDP. On the link you posted I couldn't find where it says either way. I'll have to do some more research, it would be so nice if it was on the DDP!!

It's on page 5 at the bottom under Downtown Disney Restaurants. When you call Disney for reservations, they should be able to tell you for sure.

I know what you're saying about the pennies getting lost, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper than trading pins!

And yes, it's .50 cents, plus 1 penny to press a penny.

However, I discovered that Disney has BOOKS you can purchase to keep the pressed pennies in and safe. I'm going to purchase one of those for my 2 kids to fill. It only costs $6.95 and holds 48 pennies and 6 quarters.

BTW - on Disney's site it says the driers cost $2 for 20 minutes of drying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter