What gifts are hot for 14-16 year old girls

My 15 year old DD wants a trip to see Lady Gaga's "Born This Way Bal" concert with floor tickets. Last year I took her to Phoenix for her birthday to see Lady Gaga. Now the tour dates just need to be announced to see if this will work.

If that concert doesn't come this way until summer then the tickets will be a spring birthday gift, and I'll go to plan B which is a pair of the Ugg Cardy knit boots and a new Canon Rebel camera (that I've already purchased for safekeeping), and giftcards for clothes and books.

My DD is 16 and doesn't have any ideas for us this year.

We will give her a gift card to the movie theater so she can see about a movie a month. That worked out great last year. She has $9 left and will be using it Thursday to see that God awful Twilight movie! ;)

She is just starting to wear makeup a little more often. I don't wear any so I would love some ideas on a good brand. She would only want something natural, not tested on animals. I would also like to get her a gift card to a place that would give her a lesson in applying it properly. She does a decent job but sometimes not so much. Any suggestions on what to look for?

My kids have only asked for iPads and "Beats" (head phones or earbuds) They have everything else they need so it's going to be hard this Christmas. I have no idea what else to get.:sad2:

My 15 year olds wish list:

New case for her cellphone
Lime Green Digital Camera
Jeans
Hoodies
Scarf/Gloves
Smurf Movie on DVD
Disney Universe game

That's all she has asked for, and she'll be getting it all. :goodvibes Nice and simple this year.

Here goes:
14 year old asked for the Nook Tablet and a Dooney &Bourke handbag. Picked up the Dooney yesterday and will pre order the Nook Tablet today.

16 year old asked for an iPhone and a Michael Kors watch so far. Ordered the watch from Amazon for $195, then found identical one at TJ Maxx for $99! Amazon one ahs been maked tor return to sender for refund. The iPhone will have to wait until after 1/1/12, when our next upgrade becomes available. Concidering she just got a new Blackberry Bold in August, she's cool with waiting.

Both will probably be supplimented with various stuff from Sephora like makeup and perfume. The rollerball versions are a great alternative to purchasing a full sized bottle, especially if it's something new and trendy that you're unsure of.

Jewelry from Betsy Johnson, Lucky and Fossil is always good, along with moderately priced sunglasses like RayBans and Coach. I ignore all requests for headphones priced over $19.99 as we have two Shih-Tzus that think that headphones are candy. Ipads are great investments, younger one got the gen1 for Christmas last year and still uses it a great bit, but actually favors her Nook, hence the request for the new tablet one that will allow her to watch Netflix as well. She is very careful with the iPad, doesn't want to take it out of the house for school functions but the Nook stays in her purse. Uggs are a wonderful investment, my girls are going on their third year with their tall boots. She requests this year were Toms, Lucky brand flats and Rainbow flip flops (a year round staple here in the south!)

My almost 16 year old

Something she wants- I phone 4s in white ( got it)
Something she needs- annoying wheely alarm clocks ( got it)
Something as surprise- a old wooden vanity I got at a yard sale and refinished the bench in zebra fabric
Something to share- another Xbox controller, Disneyland and Dance 3 for the Kinect ( still need to get)
Something to wear- DC boots ( got them)
Something to read- She will pick out book @ book sale tonight

Stuff for stockings ( still need to get)

This is my easy child to buy for. My DD almost 13 is way harder!:scared1:

DD16 (Will be 17 on 12/29) wants Skyrim and Modern Warfare. So I don't think her list is helpful to anyone with a more girly girl. ;)

Gum and a Vera Bradley Laptop bag. (she doesn't have a laptop so I don't know if that's a hint too.......:rotfl2:)
Oh and forgot she wants a Boxing Punching Bag? The kind that hangs though not a standing one. How the heck am I going to do that?

My 16 year old wants a new camera, tickets to a country singer Jason ??? (they sold out I think) and camo clothes?????? the hunting kind. apparantly everyone is wearing it at school (we know no one who hunts!) she says it's not about hunting, I say people will think you like to hunt and kill Bambis! We just do not see eye to eye anymore.

DD 15 (in 40 days! :scared1: ) Only asked for a few things.

A new Beach Cruiser. We are going to refurbish one that we have had for a while.
A black Yoshi pillow pet
Wii Vacation and Just Dance 3

She is getting those as well as some things I picked out for her.

A bullet blender- She likes to make smoothies in the morning, and this way I don't have to have the big smoothie maker out.

Wireless speakers that hook up to her ipod, so the ipod can stay in the house and the speakers can be out by the pool :thumbsup2 1/2 price clearance at Tuesday morning $17 :cool1:

A Peace sign blanket from Home Goods. She is all about the Peace Signs right now. ;)

A Roxy sweater - I picked up at Ross

A University of Nevada sweatshirt hoodie. (Her school of choice right now) Go Wolf Pack!!

A Domo knit hat.

Some will be for her birthday (Dec. 20th) and some will be for Christmas. :santa:

Oh and a pair of Tom shoes. I liked the concept and she needed new school shoes any way. I hope she likes them. I don't think they are big here yet.

Gum and a Vera Bradley Laptop bag. (she doesn't have a laptop so I don't know if that's a hint too.......:rotfl2:)
Oh and forgot she wants a Boxing Punching Bag? The kind that hangs though not a standing one. How the heck am I going to do that?

I saw one of those punching bags in a catalog recently, I can't remember where it was at (sorry!), but I think maybe Sears. It hung on the back of a door like those indoor basketball hoops.

Oh and forgot she wants a Boxing Punching Bag? The kind that hangs though not a standing one. How the heck am I going to do that?[/QUOTE]

Got one in the garage I'd love to get rid of. :idea: Think the hubby would notice if it disappeared? :rotfl2:

My 14 (15 in March...sob!!) list:

Paris lotion BBBW
Make up brushes
A Seventeen Book on Style
A bamboo stick thingie from World Market

That's it! :confused3 I asked if she wanted Uggs, no! I asked if she wanted a new Ipod Touch (hers was stolen! :mad:), no! We finally decided on a room make over as her big gift. I got her a few other things, a Paris themed tote bag, 3D puzzle of Eiffel Tower, make up and a few other little things.

My 14 (15 in March...sob!!) list:

Paris lotion BBBW
Make up brushes
A Seventeen Book on Style
A bamboo stick thingie from World Market

That's it! :confused3 I asked if she wanted Uggs, no! I asked if she wanted a new Ipod Touch (hers was stolen! :mad:), no! We finally decided on a room make over as her big gift. I got her a few other things, a Paris themed tote bag, 3D puzzle of Eiffel Tower, make up and a few other little things.

Younger DD14 just redid her room, pale lavender with touches of black and white. Chandelier replaced the ceiling fan, bed is white cottage style from Havertys, she took a vintage kneehole dresser that came from her great grandmothers house and painted it off white. Hubby just built her a window seat that's the size of a twin bed so she can "sit in the window" and read(literally, second floor dormer!). Found several Paris themed throw pillows at Hobby Lobby if you have one. They also have tons of Eiffel Tower stuff.

My 14 year old has 5 items on her list: laptop, video camera, Barnes and Noble gift cards (she has a Nook and loves to read), a Sealand royal title (don't ask), and a ukelele. :)

Kim

OMG I can't belive you mentioned this! My daughter said something about this for her birthday and I thought she was full of crap. I never looked into it but wonder if it's a 'thing' or if you are just paying for the paper....

lara

Tom's shoes are very big )http://www.toms.com/ for every pair you buy they give a pair to a child in need)

she has very sensitive skin - so she gets skincare from apothecary, or Philospy Purity
Burts Bees
Bare Escentuls makeup/brushes

mostly money - she wants to go to Washington DC for school trip and my mom got her plane ticket to visit Florida during spring break (they live in Ft Myers)

so I'll put a lot of little things
Cereal from Sam's club with a gift certificate for her Kindle

If you have a $5 Below store you can get the feathers for their hair for a good price.

DD15 has asked for-

Uggs- Bailey Button crinkle (she has a couple of Uggs- she wears them a lot and they have held up beautifully- expensive but worth it to me.) Her foot hasn't grown in years.
crossbody bag- don't remember the name but it was quite affordable. She already has Coach and Vera Bradley crossbodies- she loves a cute bag.
Vera Bradley wristlet
Northface in white
iphone 4s

That's about all she's asked for. I'm surprising her with tickets to 3 seperate events.
Silver earrings.
Latest Harry Potter movie
Her grandma is getting her new ski clothes
Her brother is getting her That 70's Show -season 1

My kids have only asked for iPads and "Beats" (head phones or earbuds) They have everything else they need so it's going to be hard this Christmas. I have no idea what else to get.:sad2:

Last year we bought DS a pair of refurbished Dr. Dre Beats by Monster from the Monster Cable refurbished store for $199. This saves a lot when compared to the $399 retail price. The headphones looked brand new and he's never had a problem with them. Make sure you buy them directly from Monster or else you risk getting fakes. There are tons of fake Beats out there (just like fake Uggs)

My DD is 16 and doesn't have any ideas for us this year.

We will give her a gift card to the movie theater so she can see about a movie a month. That worked out great last year. She has $9 left and will be using it Thursday to see that God awful Twilight movie! ;)

She is just starting to wear makeup a little more often. I don't wear any so I would love some ideas on a good brand. She would only want something natural, not tested on animals. I would also like to get her a gift card to a place that would give her a lesson in applying it properly. She does a decent job but sometimes not so much. Any suggestions on what to look for?

My DD15 loves Urban Decay make-up. They are pro vegan, creulty-free, and they are largest independently owned color cosmetic company in the United States. You can find Urban Decay on their website (lots of good sales sometimes) and at places like Ulta, Sephora, and Macy's.

My DD15 loves Urban Decay make-up. They are pro vegan, creulty-free, and they are largest independently owned color cosmetic company in the United States. You can find Urban Decay on their website (lots of good sales sometimes) and at places like Ulta, Sephora, and Macy's.

Thanks! That sounds like the exact thing my DD is looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter