What great bargains have you found at WDW?

pomcoach

Mouseketeer
The best bargains I've found at WDW are shopping inside the Mexico Pavillion and in the China Pavillion. Especially the soaps in China. I always like to buy some of the hand soaps from China. They smell so good and only cost just over a dollar. We also bought a Cuckoo Clock in the Germany Pavillion. The CM said if we had it shipped home, we wouldn't have to pay tax. That was a very good savings, and we sure didn't know how we could have possibly got it home on the plane anyway! I wondered if anyone else could share a good bargain idea at Disney World. I'd love to know others! Thanks, Pomcoach:bounce:

I have always been able to find discounted clothing items in the resorts gift shops. It is resort specific logo merchandise that is usually reduced 50%. It must be the previous seasons design and they are trying to move it out for the new season, but it is just fine with me. I have bought sweatshirts and tees at discount several times at the BC and YC gift shops.

My Daughter was doing a Spanish class projecton Mexico and I was looking for something inexpensive she could take back to share with the class. In the Mexico Pavillion on a spinning rack of food items, I found a bag of small packets of Salt and lemon powder. There were plenty for the class. And it only cost $1.50 for the bag!!

THE Best Finds We got at The 2 "Character Corner" stores at "Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores"gave me some of my cheapest finds,But for Varity in shirts Belz was better. We never got to the other one.

WE found [www,lbvfs.com]Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores to be cheaper [trading pins$1.99, .99AK Tin, $4.99 for a MK fireworks shirtw the fab 5, .99 [Donald Duck in his Toontown,Boat]Die Cast Character Vechiles].

But Belz Had things like Sweat shirts and more Choices of Adult Clothes than Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores[mens Mickey sweat pants $9.99,Donald Duck shirt & Minnie Mouse Shirt $11.99 A gray,and a black shirt w/little Mickeys on pocket $9.99,T top $4.99,Trading pins $3.99
Mickey Earrings $1.99]

If you have a Car visit Both it's easy!! If not there is a Bus system in Orlando called the Lynx that come to the TTC [ask over on the Transportation Board they know about it]!!
[from their website]
Come visit us and see for yourself. We're located near Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando's fun zone - Lake Buena Vista. Telephone us at (407) 238-9301.

Take I-4 exit 27, head south 2 miles on State Road 535 and you're there. From Kissimmee, Hwy. 192 to State Road 535, then North 1 mile.

Shopping Hours
Mon - Sat: 9:30 am to 9:30 pm
Sun: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Hope this helps!!

If a shop isn't very busy I will ask the CM's where the clearance stuff is. They are always more than happy to show me (they wan't to get rid of the stuff). Our first trip to AK I was able to pick up t-shirts for dh from the first year they were open for $5 each! I also found a very cool AK shirt for me for $7! When I was checking out the lady asked if I had any kids that wore a certain size and I said yes. She had a whole pile of AK Tigger shirts (Lions and Tiggers and Bears) for $3 each!

We've gotten snowglobes for under $8 and jewelry for not much either just from asking where the clearance items are located. I even had a CM go into the stock room to get something that she thought I might be interested in that was on clearance the week before but hadn't sold.

I've never been to any of the outlet stores as I find good deals inside the parks!

:earsgirl:
49 more days (I'm in the FORTIES!!)

Some wonderful ideas from everyone! I will ask the CM "Do you have any clearance items?" Thanks to all! Pomcoach:bounce:

We got a pretty Cinderella print (matted) without a frame at MK on the cart by the Storybook Garden marked down to $2.99. It was great!!!

If the matted print that Aprincessmom referred to is the print of the castle with tinkerbell at the top and a Walt Disney World banner at the bottom, these work wonderfully with the souvenir photo that they take at the Magic Kingdom with the characters at the bottom. It's very easy to open up the top of the mat and slip your own 5 X 7 picture in over the castle. I bought several of these myself! $2.99 was quite a bargain for this. I saw them at a couple of different places - one I remember was at the Swan hotel gift shop.

Free beverages at Ice Station Cool I think it's called at Epcot. They give you very small cups, but I just throw back about 20 refills and I'm set to go!

Bill From PA

I love the refillable-type souvenir mugs that are available throughout the parks. You can buy them without a beverage for about $2.50 plus tax, or with a beverage for about $4.00 (tax included). I bought the Disney 2001 holiday mug at the Main Street Bakery at the MK, and a 100 Years of Magic mug with my beverage at Catalina Eddie's at MGM. Other mugs that are cool are the ones of Buzz Lightyear at Pizza Planet (MGM) and the AK mugs throughout AK.

Thanks for the tip on "clearance items."

But I had to laugh at the idea of a "great bargain" at WDW. I just keep reminding myself that it's like visiting a foreign country, and I have to do a currency conversion - what normally costs $1 US is really about $4 WDW. Then I don't think too hard about how much it's *really* costing me....:rolleyes:

Disnee Dad Says............................................The best bargain we got was the Mickey Soap in our room that cost 0!!! Everyday like clockwork!

Christmas items are usually on clearance after the 25th . . . at least at Disneyland they are. I've gotten cards & ornaments half price after the holidays in the past few years.

:bounce:

I got a beautiful cinderlla golden carousel picture frame with the horses and mickey on one horse and minnie on the other and the background is the tent of the carousel. It is so beautiful. I got it at the store that right next to beauty and the beast show and near planet hollywood store in MGM. It is a big store that sells housewares etc. I got it for a whopping $6.00 on clearance. regular price was $25

We were in the Artist Gallery at Pleasure Island last week and saw a signed and numbered artist print of the tree of life with hidden mickeys in it. They wanted $225. A little much for us. When We got home, I called all the Galleries onsite reconsidering the purchase and checking to see what numbers they had. Epcot and Pleasuere Island were the only 2 stores that had them and, they had just been reduced to $145. I bought one on the spot(mail order). There should be 2 more unframed versions left onsite and 1 framed version, unless others found this bargain and they are sold out now.
I've also been able to contact the artist and he will remark the print for $50 per character. He has 3 artist proofs left at $350 each. Here's a link to his website, his art is very good......spruce
http://www.clivekay-artist.com/

Found some 1/2 price tshirts, short sleeve, long sleeve and tank top at the shop you come out after going on the Pirates of the Caribbean. I really loved the one of all the Parrots having a Party with the Space Station on front and of the many parrots on the back with astronaut helmets on and little "cartoon bubbles" near them with a saying like "Houston We Have a Party". Being from the Rocket City, nicknamed, (Huntsville, AL) I bought two of these, one for me and one for my husband.

I bought the shoulder strap that hold you coke bottle. It cost maybe 3$. I use it all the time to carry a bottled water with me, even when I am not on vacation. I always have people ask me where I got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter