• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happened to the booklets they used to send

Nohal

DIS Veteran
We were there in September and booked BB for 2 trips for next year. In the past I always received booklets with info and the last page had all of the dates for booking dining, on line check in, the date for final payment and FP. I haven't received any booklets for either trip. Are they not sending the booklets (another cost cutting measure) any more?

I called and was told they didn’t do them anymore. Interesting.

I must admit, being DVC I always thought it was a waste of money and effort because alot of time I will cancel a resort reservation if my DVC waitlist comes through. But, I pinky swear I just got one last week. All glossy photos of the resort I am staying in and the back inside flap has the date of arrival and length of stay. I've never done a package so it didn't have the other info listed by the OP.

I got one for our trip this year. The two other groups coming with us did not. (Separate resevation numbers, same dates.) When I called Disney about the booklet the CM had no idea what I was referencing. :confused3

Same thing happened on our reservations this year made in August for a December trip. I made a resort reservation for myself and hubby and a separate one for daughter and her boyfriend, both online through my Disney account. I input full addresses on each reservation and the confirmation emails showed the correct addresses. Within about a month I received the info booklet from Disney Destinations, LLC at my mailing address for my reservation. I waited to hear from my daughter telling me that she received hers at her address.. and waited... and waited. After some 3 weeks, I called Disney. The CM I spoke with said she couldn't see why my daughter didn't get HER booklet yet although she did say that Disney sometimes combines mass mailings by states and since my daughter and I live in different states, there may have been a "significant period of time" between the mailings for our two booklet mailings. I told the CM I was concerned because the missing brochure may indicate a problem when they do mail out the "important" shipments of the travel documents and the magic bands. I had her doublecheck the mailing address of record for my daughter's reservation and it turns out that their system dropped the "apartment number" from the address even though it was completely and correctly listed on the reservation confirmation email I received. She went ahead and added the apartment number to the address and I had her "test" it by requesting that they send some mail - any mail - to the now complete address for my daughter. She spoke with another CM at the appropriate unit at Disney and had them initiate a forced mailing of that info booklet. She said the mailing would be sent 7-10 days from the request, and I noticed that based on the date information on the envelope of the booklet I received, the booklet was received by me a week after the listed "mailing date". So I figured if it worked, my daughter should receive the newly requested booklet in about 2-3 weeks. A review of my texts with my daughter shows that I spoke with the CM on 9/4 and my daughter confirmed that they got the booklet 9/21. The apartment number they added to the system was "off" as the CM put an "8" instead of "A", but the mail did have enough of the correct apartment number to make it to their mailbox. I called Disney and had the CM make the letter change so all should be good. It may be overkill to do this just to get what is essentially a promo booklet, but the chance that the no-show of this booklet may indicate a problem with them being able to get the travel documents and magic bands promptly and efficiently to my daughter later made the worrier in me want to check with Disney. So it may be worthwhile to verify the mailing address for the reservation with a CM if you didn't receive a booklet, especially if you have a long address, or one that is often misspelled, or in my daughter's case, an apartment number that the Disney system chose to simply drop from reservation confimation to entry into the system itself.

I guess it’s all in who you talked to. Made a reservation in August for January and when the military rates came out I changed my reservation and an order for them to process they had to cancel and redo so technically I had two reservations and neither one of them came with a booklet.

Yes, I agree that it must be the CM that you get on the phone when you call. The CM I spoke with knew exactly what I was talking about when I said the "blue envelope with the little booklet that tells you about the resort and stuff, and has the important dates on the inside back cover". She also knew exactly which department to talk to (while she put me on hold) to request that a new booklet be mailed to my daughter.

I used to get them all the time. Haven't seen a booklet for the last two trips, though.

I’ve gotten one for every trip up until our last trip. I was disappointed about it. Always feel so magical to get mail from Mickey. We’ll see if we get one for our next trip.

I booked in July for my trip in December and I got one. Probably in August or September, can’t remember. The one that says your vacation starts now, Insert Family Name! and has the resort info and my fastpass dates on the back. I guess it all depends?

We were there in September and booked BB for 2 trips for next year. In the past I always received booklets with info and the last page had all of the dates for booking dining, on line check in, the date for final payment and FP. I haven't received any booklets for either trip. Are they not sending the booklets (another cost cutting measure) any more?
[/QUOTE

I booked on Sept 26th for next year and I got one last week in the mail.

We booked our trip in June when 2020 rates were released and received our booklet last month. We booked a package so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I booked 2 bouncebacks last September during the same phone call. Both packages that included free dining. I got a booklet for 1 and not the other. :confused3

We originally booked a split stay both room only when 2020 rates came out. Got booklets for both reservations.

I have a trip coming up in December that I booked in February through a travel Agent. I recieved the book. I have to be honest and say at first I thought it was junk mail for me to get a Disney Visa Card. The envelopes look very similar.

I still get them when I book a Disney hotel even through rented DVC points. I have one on my fridge right now for my February 2020 trip to BCV.

We booked a couple of weeks ago for May 2020. We have not received the booklet (yet?), but we did receive Magical Express tags today! I thought it was so strange that they arrived so early. I thought they usually came with magic bands (maybe I am mis-remembering), which we haven’t even thought about, yet. It’s fun to receive the book, but the information is available in the website. The booklet we received before our first trip, in 2014, had a cute Dumbo magnet with important dates (dining and fast pass dates). Now THAT I got excited about!

we did receive Magical Express tags today! I thought it was so strange that they arrived so early. I thought they usually came with magic bands (maybe I am mis-remembering)
We received luggage tags with our magic bands. We did not sign up for Magical Express so I assumed they were just regular luggage tags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter