• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happened to the old format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYMickey

Adding EARS to Kentucky!
It used to be that there were 4-5 threads that were permanently pinned to the top of a section (they were actually in their own separate section). Included in this was the News and the Rumors threads specifically. It was a very nice way to keep track of these threads with now take some time to locate.

I certainly appreciated it much better than the old way.

I just logged in for the first time in a few days and thought something was wrong with my phone. I like having the pinned threads too.

I love the ignore button. It works great to filter out what you don’t want to read.
Edited to add that I didn’t mean to quote your post.

And some of the people complaining about how the old news thread was run are following and commenting on the new News Thread started by the same person. 😂

I never complained or whined about how it was run.
I don’t want to argue, I’m not trying to be mean at all, but what did your comment mean on this thread about it turning into a thread of gifs and happy dances? That sounded like a complaint, but maybe it wasn’t? In my opinion, the thread was shut down because people started being really rude to each other, and it was mostly people that weren’t normally commenting. And they just wouldn’t quit even after an admin gave several warnings. I’m glad we have a better thread now where people can discuss the news if they want to and have fun with gifs.

I don’t want to argue, I’m not trying to be mean at all, but what did your comment mean on this thread about it turning into a thread of gifs and happy dances? That sounded like a complaint, but maybe it wasn’t? In my opinion, the thread was shut down because people started being really rude to each other, and it was mostly people that weren’t normally commenting. And they just wouldn’t quit even after an admin gave several warnings. I’m glad we have a better thread now where people can discuss the news if they want to and have fun with gifs.
It wasn't a complaint. It was more an observation. I think why it got to the point of people being rude and not quitting is due to the changes to the thread. They were used to the thread being about the news and all the work that was put into by the former mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter