What happens if a hurricane at HHI or Vero?

deerh

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if a catastrophic event such as a hurricane hits HHI or Vero, who pays? My friend owns a condo in Fl, and when a hurricane hit the panhandle a few years ago, he had to pay almost $20000 (an assesement I believe), and all condo owners had to pay this cost to repair the resort\condo. I was wondering what would happen if this happened at one of the resorts on or near the beach?
Hate to think negative thoughts, but just was wondering as we are contemplating an add on at HHI.
Any thoughts on this?
THanks!.....
deerh:jester:

At Vero, I know that the best construction possible to withstand hurricanes was used. That's not to say that a 100 year storm couldn't still wipe it out. Disney is a savvy business and has insurance coverage on the resort. However, they also cover every possibilitiy and one of those is that the resort could be closed if the damage exceeded the insurance coverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter