What happens if flight gets cancelled

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow we were supposed to leave for wdw
Unfortunately they call for really lousy weather tomorrow.
We already got the notice our flight was cancelled. SW was great. I called SW who was great bingo got us another flight doesn’t make sense but it’s leaving tomorrow also.
Here’s the question I’m expecting that we’ll be cancelled for that one too and
So woukd SW do the same thing and get us on yet another flight it would probably the be not getting out till we’d.

How would Disney handle this. Seeing we already lost one day woukd the resveration just go on as if we checked in on tues instead of wed sorry I would let Disney know we’d be there need instead of tues

Sorry if I’m rambling but I’m a little work up over this.
We’re staying at the poly on our points. Please advice

If you end up getting canceled, just call MS and let them know you are arriving a day late.

Nothing will happen as long as you are in touch with them. If you get canceled after MS is closed, just call at 9 am the next day.

The weather is above freezing, and is not predicted to be below freezing for at least the next 24 hours MKE is currently reporting pretty normal operations, with less than 6 minutes tower delay on outbound flights and leas than 15 on inbound flights due to local conditions.

That doesn't mean there are not issues at other airports that may be sending flights TO MKE or receiving flights that departed MKE (both Midway snd O'Hard are experiencing some backups, for example).

If the weather is cold enough, that can create issues for planes and potentially require de-icing, which can contribute to delays. If deicing equipment isnt needed, planes should be at or close to normal schedules, assuming they were on time/near to on time on the inbound to MKE.

Thanks so much stevemouse for the very encouraging reply. I’ve been stressing out for the last few days now.
I’m glad we have an early flight
I’ve been checking SW website and now they have our departing and arriving gate in Atlanta so I’m hopeing this means they have a good idea they’ll be getting flights out actually our new flight is coming from Vegas due in later tonight

Thanks so much stevemouse for the very encouraging reply. I’ve been stressing out for the last few days now.
I’m glad we have an early flight
I’ve been checking SW website and now they have our departing and arriving gate in Atlanta so I’m hopeing this means they have a good idea they’ll be getting flights out actually our new flight is coming from Vegas due in later tonight
SW flies 3 non stops from Milwaukee MKE to Orlando MCO most days. For the last 10+ days the early morning flight has been cancelled 4 times, the mid afternoon & early evening non stops have not been cancelled & have flown on the days the early morning flight was cancelled, so it looks like SW has some issue w/ that morning flight - either staffing or having the plane where it needs to be.
IMG_0077.png
I wouldn’t be overly concerned about tomorrow’s flight to Atlanta. Here’s the link to flight aware which shows your flight to Atlanta tomorrow. https://www.flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=KMKE&destination=KATL & looking at it’s history it looks to be fairly reliable & w/ a 3 hr. layover you’ve got ample time even if the flight is delayed awhile.
But, if your Atlanta flight is canceled or excessively delayed be ready to pounce & reschedule to the mid day (SWA1406) or early evening (SWA2920) MKE/MCO non stop.

Last edited:
Seeing we already lost one day woukd the resveration just go on as if we checked in on tues instead of wed sorry I would let Disney know we’d be there need instead of tues
Some credit cards include travel insurance. May not be able to help you with Disney if this is a points stay (unless you can recoup some of your maintenance fees?), but could help with flights/incidentals if your credit card has coverage.

Did you get out yesterday?

thanks we actually did.
We ended up taking the 640 pm out of mke arriving at 10 last night.
Actually worked out really good
The flight was direct like the original one the second change had a layover but got us in earlier.
Flight was quite empty. Which I thought it would be since when the agent got us our boarding pass we had B 8 and 9 which the night before a flight was in heard of.
So it seemed everyone had rows to themselves
So after a very stressed week we’re finally at the poly. It’s almost 80. With sun and a few clouds
Just beautiful

Thanks to for helping and listening

thanks we actually did.
We ended up taking the 640 pm out of mke arriving at 10 last night.
Actually worked out really good
The flight was direct like the original one the second change had a layover but got us in earlier.
Flight was quite empty. Which I thought it would be since when the agent got us our boarding pass we had B 8 and 9 which the night before a flight was in heard of.
So it seemed everyone had rows to themselves
So after a very stressed week we’re finally at the poly. It’s almost 80. With sun and a few clouds
Just beautiful

Thanks to for helping and listening
Enjoy your trip and thanks for taking time with your update!
We will arrive a week from today!

enjoy your trip. Weather is great again. Calling for a cool down early next week but nothing terrible
Safe travels

enjoy your trip. Weather is great again. Calling for a cool down early next week but nothing terrible
Safe travels
Thank you!
Three more days!! I wish it would be warmer but I'll take whatever it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter