What happens if they chicken out....

Cera1234

Mouseketeer
After we've scanned our FP?

So my kids are both convinced they want to ride Space. What if we get in there and they change their minds? Obviously we won't force them to ride and we've got more adults than kids so exiting is a non issue. Is the adult who exits with the kid(s) who change their mind SOL for their FP?

Several years ago (pre digital FP) I was in the loading area for TOT and my husband texted me that our daughter needed me. The cast member who helped me exit gave me a ride pass that he had in his pocket. Does something like that still exist?

It has been a few years since I've gone on that ride, but I think you enter on one side of the ride and exit on the other, right? If the kids are old enough I would just have them step through the ride and wait for the adults on the exit side if they chose not to ride. That way all the adults still ride together. I did that when I wanted to wait in line with my kids but didn't want to ride.

You could probably also ask to take turns when you get to the front of the line if the kids aren't old enough to wait alone for a couple minutes. That would seem easier than having an adult leave and return later.

My daughter did both TOT and SM at age 3 (she was tall enough and wanted to go). She still loves SM to this day, but hates TOT. For our upcoming trip, I told her TOT is gone, so maybe she'll give the Guardians of the Galaxy a try (she's 8 now).

My daughter did both TOT and SM at age 3 (she was tall enough and wanted to go). She still loves SM to this day, but hates TOT. For our upcoming trip, I told her TOT is gone, so maybe she'll give the Guardians of the Galaxy a try (she's 8 now).
My DD melted down in the queue for TOT and would not go on it. Less than a year later, we cajoled her into getting onto GotG and she reluctantly agreed. Halfway through her first ride, she yelled, "I LOVE THIS!"

I think there is an exit you can use by the loading area for Space if someone decides to bail. I can't imagine them wanting to let a kid step through the ride to wait on the other side - Space is one of those rides that has to be loaded quickly - so it's hussle hussle to keep those rockets moving.

I'd be prepared that yes, if the kids bail then whoever leaves with them will likely forfeit their FP.

Yes just tell the CM you are crossing (Xing) and the kids can walk over/through the vechicles and wait on the other side (make sure they are behind the barriers safety wise)

I can't speak for Space, but my guess is that they have a procedure for this. We had something similar happen at ToT. The CM had one adult get into the vehicle and asked the other adult waited just before the loading area with the kid (old & tall enough to ride, but did not want to). When the first adult finished riding, rather than head immediately out, they waited for the second adult and child to come through. The child exited the ride area with the first adult and the second adult got to ride. Just explain the situation to the loading CM and they'll tell you what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter