• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens if you are running late for ADR time?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Our trip is 2 weeks away:cloud9:
We are doing a friends and family trip. I'm worried about our ADR's for our first night My DBIL is always late.We all be coming from different places and are all planning on checking in around 12 (if rooms are ready great) either way our plan is hanging out by the pool, dinner ressies are at 6:00 at DTD. We are staying this year at POFQ and taking the boat to downtown disney.
Will they sit you if all of your party is not present?
My friend said as long as you have a ADR they will sit you when you arrive. True or False ???

We've been late many times for dining reservations and have always been seated. I've also travelled with a large group, but cannot remember the policy on seating if not all are present.

What I'd suggest is, even your brother is running late, check in and let the host/hostess know you're there, but that you're waiting on a member of your party. I'm 99.9% certain they will honor your reservation, even if a member or two are running late.

Hope this eases your mind somewhat. ;)

We arrived almost 30 mins late to one of our adrs on our last trip because of a mistake I made in not realizing that the MK was closing early for a party and therefore the monorail and boats were really really busy. Had I of realized this we could have gone to another park and gotten a bus to the Grand FL. rather than going to the MK. They seated us right away with no problem at all at 1900 Park Faire though. I was worried while waiting to board the monorail but figured it was out of my hands at that point. Worst case I figured we would just eat counter service that night. Normally for adrs we arrive early and most the time we get seated early as well.

From what I have read their official policy is to hold the adr for at least 15 mins than if you are a no show they do not have to seat you past that time.

I have no experience with being seated while waiting for someone to show up but we have had someone not come at all and were able to get seated just fine.

OP here, When I say that he is frequently late I mean it could be a hour or more. So I don't know whether or not to have them go ahead and seat us and let him and nephew eat on their own or have everyone else wait. Which doesn't seem fair. I found out that they will seat you if someone is not going to dine there that evening. DD and Nephew decided that they want CS and to ride the rides a couple of trips back. no problem

They won't seat you if you are not all together, unless you tell them someone is definitely not coming. Then, you could get seated. They would not even let me and my kids check in at Akershaus when my husband was on a FP run.

And I believe the hold your ADR for 15 minutes and then after that, while I doubt that most places would entirely turn you away if you weren't really late, you will probably have to wait quite a bit longer because they will seat someone else in your place.

I say tell BIL that he is on his own if he is not on time. If he isn't there when ADR time has arrived, tell the hostess you have fewer than are on the reservation. Get seated and enjoy your meal. Maybe he will learn if he gets left out enough times.

They won't seat you if you are not all together, unless you tell them someone is definitely not coming. Then, you could get seated. They would not even let me and my kids check in at Akershaus when my husband was on a FP run.

And I believe the hold your ADR for 15 minutes and then after that, while I doubt that most places would entirely turn you away if you weren't really late, you will probably have to wait quite a bit longer because they will seat someone else in your place.

This depends on the restaurant. On our first trip I was getting my emh bracelet- (being our first trip we were a bit confused on how this was done lol) while my husband waited for our adr at the sci fi and when I got back he was already seated with my son. They showed me to the table with no problems.

Now it is quite different if you do not know when he will be showing up. A trip around the corner to the restroom or something is one thing but not knowing where or when they will show is quite another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter