• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens to points when you "walk" a reservation?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I noticed the three days I want in October are available at BLT lake view studio. However, I can't book them until Tuesday. The day before is open, but 90 days out from today is not.
If I were to go on and book for four nights, then cancel the first night later, what would happen to the points? It would be about 19 points. Would I be able to use them for our April trip or would there be some sort of hold or restriction on them?
Daisyx3
**nevermind, now Friday is gone so I will have to be the regular rule follower I am. Guess I'll have to waitlist!

If you have the points available in your current account then it would not effect them, on the other hand if you have to borrow points to book the rooms than you will have to ask MS to move points around as you cancel and such in order to keep your current points available and bankable. If you have to borrow points to do this then the regular rules for borrowed points still apply to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter