What happens with existing reservation points when taken off waitlist?

waltdisney1901

Earning My Ears
I booked a reservation that cost 215 points for a week. However, I want to waitlist at a different resort for 266 points on the same dates. If I get off the waitlist, what happens to the 215 points? Will it go towards the 266 points at the waitlisted resort?

If you chose the option to cancel the reservation that the WL will replace, yes the points will go towards the new reservation.

Where it gets tricky is if the waitlist is less points. If under 31 days, the extra points go into holding (that’s why you have the option of 31 or 7 day expiration). You also have to watch your banking deadline.

I booked a reservation that cost 215 points for a week. However, I want to waitlist at a different resort for 266 points on the same dates. If I get off the waitlist, what happens to the 215 points? Will it go towards the 266 points at the waitlisted resort?

If you decide to cancel or get off the waitlist then nothing will happen to your original reservation it will remain intact. If you get the WL fulfilled then the 215 points will go towards the new reservation plus more points to cover the difference between the 266 and 215.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter