What has been your clumsiest Injury?

Leaning over a desk in class to pick up a pencil and cracking a rib.

I created an account just to respond to this after lurking for years! 🤣 I fell down a waterfall, managed to land in the perfect circle of rocks just right to not bust my tail bone BUT!!!! I both twisted my right index finger and bit my tongue. But...not in the initial fall....I bit my tongue laughing at the insanity of it all and twisted my finger on a loose rock climbing out.

Broken metatarsal bone from missing a step on the stairs. 2 mm away from needing surgery. Whew!!

• Wow
Reactions: shh

I broke my knee in a car accident years ago. Cast for 6 weeks. The day after I got it off, I tripped on something, fell, and broke it again. Another 6 weeks in a cast. It's my weather barometer now.

Falling out of my friends sliding glass doorway, Falling off my friends deck or falling on the ice-it was like a youTube video 3 of us went down together trying to get to the car

Fell coming down last 2 stairs at my house and fractured my humerus. Still recovering from that one...

I have two because I can do dumb things. Years ago I was making fun of a terrible supervisor. While she was gone, an employee who always comes back from lunch late was on her way in. I went and sat in the supervisor's chair,leaned back and as the employee came in, I fell backwards and hit my head. **we were all friends so it was all in fun. Since I hit my head, I had to go to the big manager and explain what happened and how I would prevent it in the future LOL
2. I broke a bone in my foot that was broken crooked and wasn't much they could do. While walking with crutches, I tripped on an uneven sidewalk and hurt the same foot. Went to the doctor the next day. He told me, good job you straightened out your break.

Nothing as severe as the other posters, but, I sliced my finger tip open pulling the foil lid off a bottle of almond milk. Never knew those could be so sharp!

I created an account just to respond to this after lurking for years! 🤣 I fell down a waterfall, managed to land in the perfect circle of rocks just right to not bust my tail bone BUT!!!! I both twisted my right index finger and bit my tongue. But...not in the initial fall....I bit my tongue laughing at the insanity of it all and twisted my finger on a loose rock climbing out.
Love your sense of humor about it. I’m sure it wasn’t quite so funny at the time.

Fell down the stairs along my front walkway while carrying a load of recyclables. Jammed my foot back into the concrete riser and jammed one toe, broke another and scraped the he** out of my foot. And recyclables flew everywhere. So I had to limp around gathering up all the stuff before I could take myself off to the ER. Not my finest moment. 😜

I was coming down the steps at church after a dinner. I was holding DSs hand. He was about 2. He jumped and jerked my hand and my heel caught in the hem of my skirt all at the same time. I kind of hopped to keep from tearing the hem of my skirt and to not let DS fall all at the same time. I tore the meniscus in my right knee and had to have surgery. I’ve had trouble with it since then. I’ve joked ever since that if I’d known I would hurt my knee by not ripping the hem of my skirt I would have just yanked the blame thing off.

I think I've shared this story before: tripped over a box of diapers and broke my elbow when my son was a month old on New Year's Eve. It was terrible.

All I'll say is to make sure that little pinkie toe stays with the rest of the gang whenever you pass a chair leg, stool, ottoman, corner of a wall. So many stupid toe injuries! :crazy2: And none ever really healed right. Still ache sometimes.

Ok. A few weeks before my wedding, I was prying apart frozen tofu dogs, the knife slipped, and I cut my left hand open across the palm. I knew needed stitches but was home alone. We lived in the city, so my car was a couple blocks away on the street. So I'm walking down Lincoln (big street in Chicago) clutching a blood- soaked kitchen towel over my hand, and NO ONE CARED 😂🤣 Finally as I got near my car, a very nice cop saw me and offered to drive me, which was good because I was about to faint. He's asking me all these questions about what happened to make sure I wasn't attacked or something and I just keep repeating "FROZEN TOFU DOGS" 😂😂 I still had the bandages for my wedding, but no lasting damage. The scar is a reminder of the dumbest injury ever!

The first thing that came to mind is my stupidity as a teenager. I was chasing the cat and ran face first into a door frame. Thankfully I didn't have any permanent injury from it, just a black eye.

However, that's how we found out that I was nearsighted in my left eye (or more so than the right one).

Love your sense of humor about it. I’m sure it wasn’t quite so funny at the time.
The initial fall and quick assessment of bones, no not funny. As soon as I realized I was in the clear and no harm, funniest thing that I really wish I'd seen. Took like 7 seconds to reach that moment and everyone around, family and strangers, was freaking out and only got more worried when I started laughing. My grandmother has my same humor so when she saw me start laughing she instantly started laughing too, my mama was MAD!!! 'Why are you laughing at my baby?!' 🤣We still bring it up all the time as an example of how lucky I am or how rubbery my bones are; it's amazing how little I've actually hurt myself *knocks on wood* when compared to how clumsy I am.

Leaning over a desk in class to pick up a pencil and cracking a rib.
Broke my ribs this way - my Dr stated it was one of the # 1 ways to break ribs - who knew? Said mechanics often break ribs as they lean over engines
I broke my ribs twice leaning over things !

My stupid injury was slipping walking into garage and breaking my foot day before I left to go to Disney

Too many to count! Falling down a flight of stairs, scalp wound from hitting my head on a cabinet, tunrng my ankle on a hike and wiping out, and more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter