• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What has been your dumbest home related injury?

Cutting my hand while slicing a bagel with a dull knife. I know better but was too lazy to get out the right knife.

Stepping in a hole that the dog had dug that was grown over with grass. Twisted my ankle pretty good. Had to hop on one leg through the yard and up 2 steps into the house and then passed out in the kitchen. Fell out of the chair and almost smashed our son’s pumpkin that he was carving on the floor. That was nearly 30 years ago and the darn thing still gives me issues.

What has been your dumbest home related injury?​

Sliding down long, wooden hallway in stocking feet, jammed a sewing needle into my foot and broke it off. Had to have surgery to remove it, cast on foot up to knee, and missed a week of school.

3 weeks ago it was me rushing while trimming bushes and I trimmed my left ring finger instead - it wasn’t pretty.

Y'all are giving me the Heebee Jeebies.
I can't pick one dumbest. They're all dumb in their own special way.

Was in a hurry to finish the dishes the night before going on vacation. Washing my large yellow Pyrex bowl (the vintage set) and it slipped out of my hands. Shattered all over the sink and cut open the top of my hand where my middle knuckle is. Bled that night and most of the next day as we were driving to San Diego. Probably should've gotten stitches but I had a vacation I had to get to. :rotfl2:

Thing of something and I've probably done it,lol My husband remarked one day how often I say "ow" at home. I'm just not a very coordinated person.

While canning green beans, I was rushing around to finish over 40 quarts of beans. I rushed down the hall, caught my foot in some electrical cords, and fell down like I was sliding into home base with fingers outstretched. I rammed both hands under a thresh hold (sp?) between rooms and broke my left middle finger. I was lucky I didn't break them all.
The worst part? My husband, who has never canned in his life, had to finished all the canning, with my supervisory help of course, LOL.

When I accidentally stabbed myself with a BUTTER knife. Yes, I started bleeding and yes, it hurt really BAD!! Lol

Knocked a square bottle of perfume off the shelf in the bathroom. It hit my toe with the corner of the bottle right on the line where the toenail attaches. I lost the toenail and that toe still isn't quite right.

I stepped on an ax.

DH and I were having a campfire with the kids & making s'mores. I was inside when he said to them "The ax is over there so stay away". When I came out it was pretty much dark. I stepped on it and sliced my foot open.

DH wrapped it up and we went to the ER for stitches. The doctor commented on how well it was wrapped (DH has first responder training) and then kept saying, "Huh. That was one sharp ax".

Best part? My then first grader had an assignment to write about something memorable. "The time my Mommy stepped on an ax" which was proudly displayed for parent teacher conferences in the hallway :lmao:

My son was a month old - I tripped over a box of his diapers in his room and broke my elbow. It was terrible because I couldn't hold him, feed him, give him a bath, anything!

And, my elbow STILL hurts! He'll be 5 in a month!

Maneuvering around the bathroom I jammed my foot into the wall next to the shower and broke a toe. I still hosted our supper club that night, sitting on a chair directing DH in what to do next.

Maneuvering around the bathroom I jammed my foot into the wall next to the shower and broke a toe. I still hosted our supper club that night, sitting on a chair directing DH in what to do next.
I'll have to remember that one! I'm sure he did a spectacular job LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter