What has Disney removed that makes you the saddest?

The Sorcerer's Hat from Disney's Hollywood Studios. That was the symbol of the entire park and they got rid of it.

But didn't they put up a pretty new stage to replace it? :p

J/K.

The charm of the hat :duck: was gone for me when they put a stage in front of it some time ago.

The Sorcerer's Hat from Disney's Hollywood Studios. That was the symbol of the entire park and they got rid of it.
Is there some sarcasm symbol?

For me it's customer service and maintenance. There was a time that Disney was know for impeccable customer service and things being in working order. Somewhere between Wells and Iger this was lost.

Although it's not really a removal as such, the renovation of Downtown Disney makes me sad. So many childhood memories there! I used to love the Team Mickey store and getting rid of the McDonalds was a strange move. The change of the Planet Hollywood restaurant makes no sense to me either, I thought the sphere shape was iconic?

I also miss..:

- Arcades which took quarters as opposed to the top-up cards
- Coke slush puppy machines at the value resorts (I'm sure I'm not imagining these?!)
- E-Ride nights

Although it's not really a removal as such, the renovation of Downtown Disney makes me sad. So many childhood memories there! I used to love the Team Mickey store and getting rid of the McDonalds was a strange move. The change of the Planet Hollywood restaurant makes no sense to me either, I thought the sphere shape was iconic?

I also miss..:

- Arcades which took quarters as opposed to the top-up cards
- Coke slush puppy machines at the value resorts (I'm sure I'm not imagining these?!)
- E-Ride nights
I remember Pop has Icee but don't remember AS having anything like that.

I miss:
-running into wandering characters (we met Mickey on our very first trip in the lobby of CBR!)
- when my girls were little "Pal Mickey" entertained forever (even when he was totally wrong... on the bus 10pm he says "hey let's go to the parade!")
-a true honest-to-goodness-pre-tourgroup off season (remember strolling half empty streets, 15 min ride waits...sigh)
-The first incarnation of the backlot tour - pre-show, inside effects- walk through and the ride through the "canyon!"
-AAA discounts....

I miss:
-running into wandering characters (we met Mickey on our very first trip in the lobby of CBR!)
- when my girls were little "Pal Mickey" entertained forever (even when he was totally wrong... on the bus 10pm he says "hey let's go to the parade!")
-a true honest-to-goodness-pre-tourgroup off season (remember strolling half empty streets, 15 min ride waits...sigh)
-The first incarnation of the backlot tour - pre-show, inside effects- walk through and the ride through the "canyon!"
-AAA discounts....
I wish they still did allow Disney characters to wander around the parks in Walt Disney World. Disneyland and the parks outside the US still do that though.

I wish they still did allow Disney characters to wander around the parks in Walt Disney World. Disneyland and the parks outside the US still do that though.

I guess guests at WDW like to only have their family in their photos. I saw a video from DLP and Cinderella did the walk around and it looked like a mob seen. Kids ran up and you were lucky to only get one other family's kid in you shots.

The Jammin' Jungle Parade. I loved that parade. When I was a CP, I used to sometimes go to AK on my days off just to have an iced chai and watch the parade.

Marie no longer being meetable at WDW as of March 2016 to get replaced by Stitch. Hope she returns to WDW someday at Epcot where she originally meet guests.

Well, I really liked the 4/3 offer we got in 2009 when the economy tanked.

But beyond that, WDW makes me happy, not sad.

I'm going to stick my chin out here and confess: Captain EO! :sad:

I miss the movie and Michael Jackson so much! :love:

20130222_181719.jpg

:tinker:

Tomorrowland to Fantasyland skyway

20,000 Leauges under the sea

Tips included on the DDP.

Maelstrom

Empty times of the year

Resort specified goods, souvenirs, and Christmas ornaments

Pleasure Island

Food Rocks

Open ADR availability

Backlot tour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter