What has your experience been when calling in room requests?

Before online booking was the norm I always had it noted on the reservation when I called initially, and then called again two weeks prior to make sure it was noted. (I’ve never asked for a room location, just always request connecting rooms) I can only remember once at POR not getting the connecting rooms.
Since online booking, I just note it in the reservation and ask about it when I check in. I think only once, at BC, we had to stay apart for one night and move to connecting rooms the next day (but we had been upgraded to CL, so no complaining from us haha)
For our upcoming trip, I’m using a TA for the first time, I made the notations on my booking with them, and sent an email a week ago to her asking to have the request noted on my reservation, which she says she did. So we will see (I’m a bit of a control freak when it comes to vacation planning, so I’m nervous about this)

Making a room request is more like stating a 'preference' (i.e upper floor or near the elevator), there is no guarantee you will get what you requested. I doubt using a travel agent or a 3rd party website makes any difference since it is ultimately someone at Disney who assigns your specific room.

Making a room request is more like stating a 'preference' (i.e upper floor or near the elevator), there is no guarantee you will get what you requested. I doubt using a travel agent or a 3rd party website makes any difference since it is ultimately someone at Disney who assigns your specific room.
I think most are well aware it's not guaranteed. Using a TA could easily make a difference if say they don't even tell Disney your request. At least if you contact them yourself you know someone at least attempted.

I think most are well aware it's not guaranteed. Using a TA could easily make a difference if say they don't even tell Disney your request. At least if you contact them yourself you know someone at least attempted.

I used the touring plans fax twice. Once I got nothing like I wanted (although they did switch us on check in day when I asked) and once I literally got the exact room I asked for, so I know somehow they did get the fax. I see the fax as a nice first try, but I have no problem asking for a different room if the one I get is really yuck. Worst they can say is no.

If 'touring plans' is a 3rd party website not associated with Disney, how do they have the ability to update your reservation request? I thought only the person who initiated the reservation or an actual travel agent can do that.

If you used TA, you won't be able to request a room by calling? Last time we used TA we had asked for connecting rooms and were not even in the same bldg. Not sure our request was entered.

If 'touring plans' is a 3rd party website not associated with Disney, how do they have the ability to update your reservation request? I thought only the person who initiated the reservation or an actual travel agent can do that.

Because they are not actually making the request, the actual WDW guest is. All they are doing is allowing the WDW guest to preset what request they want to make and then sending it over a set number of days before the guest's reservation. It is not much different that someone without access to a fax machine going to a library, Staples, UPS, etc... and asking them to fax a document for them.

We just returned from a 8/11-8/18 stay at AKL. A few days before I called and made a request for a partial savannah view and/or a king bed. When I checked in, they said there were no savannah rooms available but they gave me a room with a king bed. Turns out our view was still fantastic, people pen and all. One day we had three giraffes right outside our balcony. So we basically got everything we asked for!
I'm sure it's all up to luck, but I would recommend maybe stopping by the front desk and kindly bringing up your request again. They may try and help you out. It worked for us.

If you used TA, you won't be able to request a room by calling? Last time we used TA we had asked for connecting rooms and were not even in the same bldg. Not sure our request was entered.
No you cannot contact Disney directly regarding your reservation if you use a TA hence why you are depending on the TA to actually do what you ask. I don't trust that they do which is why I book myself so i can contact Disney myself to ask for the room request myself.

We basically stopped making any requests as we never seemed to get what we requested anyway and whenever we'd ask at check-in there was basically no record of any request being made? Usually would just get a glass eyed look when we'd mention "our room request".

No you cannot contact Disney directly regarding your reservation if you use a TA hence why you are depending on the TA to actually do what you ask. I don't trust that they do which is why I book myself so i can contact Disney myself to ask for the room request myself.

My TA includes the requests made on my agency confirmation. Obviously along with the "request only" phrasing, but it's on there.

Last October used touring plans to request Fiji Marina View at Polynesian (when it was still considered standard). I also spoke with guest services (a different matter) and they asked if I had a request, so I repeated word for word the touring plans request and it was noted on my reservation.

And I got the best Fiji Marina view ever!!! :)

We have used a TA and called WDW to enter our requests without any issues, the times we need a TA is when we want to change the reservation dates or resort.

I tried to call in my room requests and the cast member told me to do it online. Nice. I still need to call back and hopefully get someone more helpful.

The next time this happens, feel free to ask to speak to a manager. Sometimes, the cast members on the phone do the best to help guests but do not know all the procedures, and politely asking to escalate will help fix the issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter