What have you done as an adult , that the child you would have never believed?

Drink coffee. As a kid I hated the percolating smell, still don't really like that smell. And I will admit, my coffee has to be iced, and I do put extra milk and sugar in it - but I never even started drinking iced coffee until I was around age 38. It's DH's fault ... his veins run coffee!

Eating raw oysters, escargot, and any green vegetable.
Living in the US.
Homeschooling my kids. (I always wanted to be a teacher. I just didn't picture the outcome of my education degree to be directed at my own kids.)

Moving to the other side of the country after college (CA desert city to semi-rural MA) and buying a home, raising kids, and generally making a life in a place so different from where I grew up.

Had 2 boys. If I even thought about kids I always imagined daughters.
Willingly eating onions, carrots, salad, bell peppers, sandwiches that don't have peanut butter on them, etc. I was a very picky kid.
Lived (hopefully) through a pandemic.
Became a college librarian. Even though I loved reading and research growing up I never considered that as a career.

Hmm, a lot of it so far. But to keep it simple... Moving away from NY, entering my current profession, being such a huge fan of Disneyland (WDW was my park, lol).

Having made a very, very good yet completely quiet and unremarkable life. As a child raised in a remote, rural location, I had some pretty big dreams. :cloud9: At the end of the day I've turned out to be pretty salt-of-the-earth, just like the generations before me and I'm so glad!

Pretty much everything. I came from a life of poverty and to say that I have been blessed is an understatement. The things that I have, eat and do would have been pretty much inconceivable to the child and teen me 30+ years ago.

It all started the day I met my wife.

Pretty much everything. I came from a life of poverty and to say that I have been blessed is an understatement. The things that I have, eat and do would have been pretty much inconceivable to the child and teen me 30+ years ago.

It all started the day I met my wife.
That’s so lovely to read - congratulations on a good life x

Got divorced. I was the lucky child of wonderful parents and a very happy home life. All I wanted was to follow their example. Sadly it didn’t happen despite trying very hard. I think the younger me would be disappointed I made the wrong choice too early.
However the younger me would be surprised I ended up being a journalist as teaching was the way I was heading - circumstances changed that and I think younger me would be proud I took that step.

Got divorced. I was the lucky child of wonderful parents and a very happy home life. All I wanted was to follow their example. Sadly it didn’t happen despite trying very hard. I think the younger me would be disappointed I made the wrong choice too early.
However the younger me would be surprised I ended up being a journalist as teaching was the way I was heading - circumstances changed that and I think younger me would be proud I took that step.
Yep, I doubt anybody anywhere planned or dreamed of making the mistakes and missteps we’ve probably all experienced in one form or another. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter