What have you done for a Cast Member/ fav. memory??

How much do you like this thread?

• It was touching& magical!

• I wasn't too interested.

Results are only viewable after voting.

CMHopeful!

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the
My personal favorite Disney memory is when I gave back to the Disney Cast Members!! it feels amazing to make the people behind the magic of Disney smile! So I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

First, I will share mine.... :lovestruc In 2008 I was excited to be spending my Valentine's Day in Disney World! I couldn't think of anyone better, or more deserving to be my valentine(s) than the most amazing people I know...the Disney Cast Members!!! So the night before I left I took a trip to Walmart and bought OVER 200+ Disney themed Valentines and filled them out that night, in the airport, on the plane ride, and during my downtime in the hotel! Valentine's Day morning I went into Animal Kingdom full force and handed my valentine's out to every cast member I could find...from the security, the bathroom personal, to Pumba himself!! :rotfl:

My FAVORITE memory yet though is when I went to Nemo the Musical...my family and I were sitting in advance outside to get better seats, so I went up to the two CM's standing to usher people in& handed them my Nemo;) themed Valentines! I have never seen an adult appreciate a piece of paper more than Dan...one of the two CMs I gave a valentine to. And it showed! He gave me a huge hug, and told me to wait there...now me thinking I was going to get a nemo sticker or something just stood there with a smile on my face, but got something sooo much more amazing! Dan came back with a slip of "special" yellow paper, and asked for my family's last name...handed it to me& said "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAYY!" :lovestruc I took a glance at the paper, and he explained to me that I should go get my family and he would direct us to our special door! He gave me a ticket to get into the musical in advance, and pick ANY seat in the theatre our hearts desired!! :cloud9: I'm the BIGGEST musical theatre buff...so this Valentine's Day meant the WORLD to me! :lovestruc :wizard:

Later on my sister and mother wanted to take a nap, but I was still floating on pixie dust!princess: So I took my park hopper to work& visted EVERY park until my valentines were GONE...reserving a special few for when I would visit downtown disney when my family woke up again and reunited! :thumbsup2 They need to know they're appreciated and loved too! :grouphug:

Disney has opened up my eyes to "A whole new world"! I would do anything to be a Cast Member like those I hope I touched, and have been touched by one day! :lovestruc:worship: Maybe someone will return the favor to me one day? ;):cloud9:

So share your love and appreciation for Disney's Cast Members with me...don't be shy! (God only knows I just wrote a novel!! :laughing:) :wizard:

that was very sweet. as a former cast member, seriously, guests showing kindness after dealing with most days of stressed out guests is relieving and reminds people why they are there. if cast members saw the appreciation more, it might bring a smile back to their faces, which seem to be missing as of late.

:]

I think that's really sweet.

:)

Aww, that should be posted on 'GMH"

xD

but seriously, thats a sweet story :)

Aweeee! That's the best story ever.
I don't think I have a story that compares to that :p Hahah.
But you gave me awesome ideas for future trips!

Thats sweet! Well me and my family usually go to Disney for Marti Gras and one time I had all the necklaces we brought. Me and my sister got reallt cold so we went into a store in Animal Kingdom to get sweatshirts. So a lady comes up to us n starts to help us and we were about to leave the shop and I offered her a necklace, she was so happy, untill she relized that she couldn't wear it because of the dress code. We spend all day in that park and went back to the shop that night. Turns out when we got there she was still on duty and she had the year of a million dreams tinkerbell pins!! She gave us four of them (for me, my sister, and brother). We were about to get on everest and saw some people we knew from the bus and they were so nice to us so i gave them the fourth one. Just goes to show being nice pays off.

Thats sweet! Well me and my family usually go to Disney for Marti Gras and one time I had all the necklaces we brought. Me and my sister got reallt cold so we went into a store in Animal Kingdom to get sweatshirts. So a lady comes up to us n starts to help us and we were about to leave the shop and I offered her a necklace, she was so happy, untill she relized that she couldn't wear it because of the dress code. We spend all day in that park and went back to the shop that night. Turns out when we got there she was still on duty and she had the year of a million dreams tinkerbell pins!! She gave us four of them (for me, my sister, and brother). We were about to get on everest and saw some people we knew from the bus and they were so nice to us so i gave them the fourth one. Just goes to show being nice pays off.

That's really awsome...it really is one of the best feelings EVERRR, isn't it?! Thanks for taking the time to read my story, it means a TON! :hug: (Thank you also, to anyone else who has read& replied to my story...I'm glad you enjoyed it& hope you'll one day be inspired to do the same for even one cast member one day on a visit to the most magical, happiest place on earth...our beloved Disney World/ Disney theme parks! Walt couldn't live out/create his dream without people who believed in him and his dream & they work every day to acheive that same dream!!! :lovestruc They're my idols!)

On a cruise we were on, a cast member we had known from past cruises said it was his birthday. In our family birthdays are huge deals, so we got paper and all made him birthday cards. We tracked him down later that evening and gave him them. I sware he got so excited. Everytime we saw him the next day he would thank us over and over again. At one time his fellow castmember that he worked with with came up to us and told us how he showed them to everyone and hung them on his wall. it just goes to show that even a little gesture came mean a whole lot to someone.

On a cruise we were on, a cast member we had known from past cruises said it was his birthday. In our family birthdays are huge deals, so we got paper and all made him birthday cards. We tracked him down later that evening and gave him them. I sware he got so excited. Everytime we saw him the next day he would thank us over and over again. At one time his fellow castmember that he worked with with came up to us and told us how he showed them to everyone and hung them on his wall. it just goes to show that even a little gesture came mean a whole lot to someone.

Isn't it the truth :) That sounds awsome...I wish I knew a cast member that well! Hearing stories like this just make me feel like I'm there handing out my valentines, all warm inside again! :rolleyes: haha I WISH!! That was great though...p.s.- I LOVE NSN TOOOO! :lovestruc

That is really sweet and nice of you to do that! :)
I might use that idea if you don't mind. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter