What have your ridden during a "soft opening"?

We got to do everything in the new fantasy land during extra magic hours in the first week of November two years ago. Little Mermaid, Ariels grotto, Enchanted Tales with Belle and a sneak peek walkthrough of Belle's Castle

I don't remember how much in advance it was, but we got to ride Test Track when it was in soft opening - not the recent change, but when TT was first built. We also got to go to MGM when the entire park was in soft opening.

We had been hoping for a soft opening of the changed TT. I think Dec 2, 2012 was our last day in the park and it still wasn't in soft opening. I had been so hopeful, but the date kept changing.

We rode Little Mermaid during AP preview so I guess that's not soft opening but it sure was fun! :)

We rode The Little Mermaid in October of 2012. The 2nd time we rode, DS and I had a broken clam shell that didn't rotate AT ALL. The poor people next to us had to look at our faces as they went "under the water", haha! It was a great memory for us. We told the CM right after we got off the ride and he panicked, it was so cute!

Just adding to the 7DMT speculation.. I'm wondering when they may start doing "soft openings" of the ride, given the end of May dates we've been hearing. I'm wondering what anyone has ridden during a soft opening, and how in advance of the official opening it was.

My friend rode the Little Mermaid ride during the first week of November 2012, during soft opening for DVC members. The ride ultimately opened Dec. 6.

Anyone have soft opening experiences?

I also rode Little Mermaid during soft opening mid October 2012. Loved it as the lines are not as bad and its fun seeing things before they are finalized. I would love to do the soft opening for the mine train however we are not there until end of September.

If it was for DVC members, it was more likely a preview than a soft opening. A soft opening is more random.

I didn't realize there was a distinction- cool! Do we think that perhaps 7DMT will have "previews" potentially before Easter? One can dream..

We were there for all of the new fantasy land pre opening and were at epcot over by test track when they first opened it back up a couple of years ago and got on within the first 30 minutes or so of it opening.

We rode TSMM on a soft opening. It officially opened while we were there too. We rode it probably a dozen times or more. I was shocked on our next trip to see how crazy long the lines were because we rode it with fairly short lines even after it officially opened.

We were there in early Nov 2012. There was supposed to be a soft opening for AP holders only. We walked in several days in a row to the new Fantasyland & no one ever stopped us. We rode the Little Mermaid 3 times, had pictures with Ariel, and did Storytime with Belle. We also at at BOG 3 times, twice for lunch and once for dinner. We were walking out of lunch one day & they offered us dinner reservations for that night. It was awesome.

We got to ride Expedition Everest in Feb 2006, nearly two months before it officially opened. Hoping for a soft opening the first week of May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter