What hotel???

I would recommend you stay at the walking distance hotels if you can afford to do so.

We are off to Hotel New York in October and hope it is good. Did not like the cabins and the Disneyland Hotel was a bit stuffy. Me and my friend had a couple of drinks in the New York bar whilst our DHs were ice skating with the kids and really liked the atmosphere, so fingers crossed.

We are DVC members now and the points cannot be spent in the low budget hotels or the cabins. I was happy to stay in SL but DH pushed us to use more points and stay in HNY so hope it is worth it.

Susan

Susan, The HNY is a wonderful hotel to stay in. It has great theming and as you know the convenience to the park is great. You will LOVE it-just ask Becky!! Out of curiosity why did you think the DLH was 'stuffy?'

Nicola

We paid a lot money to stay at this hotel and everywhere we seemed to go we could not enter as it seemed to be for suite guests or concierge guests. We felt like second class citizens. Even sitting in the bar it just didn't seem relaxed. We enjoyed the room service as the room was large enough and had a table we could eat on. Overall we just did not feel welcome. The location was absolutely brilliant and as it was so cold when we went it was perfect to rush back to the hotel to dry off from the sleet!

We will go back one day and up-grade but would like to try the other hotels first.

I did get the impression that Hotel NY was a bit businessy. Can't wait to go!

Susan

Thanks Susan, We are staying at DLH this Christmas season and mainly chose it due to proximity to park, cold weather and the fact that we have a DD2 and DS6. We have stayed twice at HNY and have not found it businessy at all. I think you will really like it!! :flower:

mark&sue said:
I would recommend you stay at the walking distance hotels if you can afford to do so.

We are off to Hotel New York in October and hope it is good. Did not like the cabins and the Disneyland Hotel was a bit stuffy. Me and my friend had a couple of drinks in the New York bar whilst our DHs were ice skating with the kids and really liked the atmosphere, so fingers crossed.

We are DVC members now and the points cannot be spent in the low budget hotels or the cabins. I was happy to stay in SL but DH pushed us to use more points and stay in HNY so hope it is worth it.

Susan
Susan,

What are the hotels closest to the parks (excluding the obvious one) & what are the realistic walking times?

Thanks,
Dave

Hotels closest to park are as follows: DLH-right at entrance to park, HNY-5 mins from park, SL-5-10 mins, NPBC- 10 mins, Cheyenne- 10-15 mins, Sante Fe-15 mins- of course these times depend on how fast you walk but good for a rough estimate. The other hotels that are further away from the magic include Explorers, Kyriad, HI, Movenpick. I'm not exactly sure but I think they would take about 25-30 mins to walk from but shuttle buses come every few mins from ALL of the hotels listed except the DLH, obviously!!

Nicola

I am sure you will love Disneyland Hotel and I know we will go back but I felt the same when we stayed at the Grand Floridian in that you pay so much money and still feel like the poor relation. It is probably just us but I like to feel special.

Having recently come back from WDW and stayed off site for the majority of the holiday I think anywhere Disney will make me feel special!!!

You must tell us how you get on. It is truly a beautyful hotel and once you stay there you will be spoilt in that you will always want to stay at the best hotels. I am really looking forward to going to Hotel New York.

Thank you for your help.

Susan

Susan

How does the DLH compare to the Grand Floridian in terms of "Welcome"?

We stayed at the Moevenpick in April and it was lovely! The shuttle service was very frequent and never crowded, I would definitely stay there again. Booked it through hotels.com ( I think!!) and it was something like £70 per night B&B for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids aged 10 and 7).

We loved Sequoia Lodge! I thought the pool was great. Yes, it is cold when you first get in, but you soon warm up - my tip is to have a cold shower before you get in, and it feels pleasantly warm! ;) It also has a fun water slide and a waterfall, which I thought were both fab. We had a look at a few of the pools and I liked the look and feel of the SL one most. :) We'll definitely be staying there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter