• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What I Learned With My ADRs This Morning

When we booked CRT this past March/April (Spring break) we went for CRT on 10+4, and got 8:15, which they let you in just as early and usually go ahead and seat you. In the past, we would do the BBB and then go over to CRT. BBB was not open this past trip so we went for the early breakfast instead.

When we booked CRT this past March/April (Spring break) we went for CRT on 10+4, and got 8:15, which they let you in just as early and usually go ahead and seat you. In the past, we would do the BBB and then go over to CRT. BBB was not open this past trip so we went for the early breakfast instead.
That would be a good time too… I figure we’re losing out on early entry so I guess it doesn’t matter as much but would like to be out of CRT in decent time for first LL and ILL so we can get booking more rides or doing the less popular ones while the standby is less.

How did you find the 8:15 sitting? I had allotted around 90 mins or so for the breakfast with the wait etc

That would be a good time too… I figure we’re losing out on early entry so I guess it doesn’t matter as much but would like to be out of CRT in decent time for first LL and ILL so we can get booking more rides or doing the less popular ones while the standby is less.

How did you find the 8:15 sitting? I had allotted around 90 mins or so for the breakfast with the wait etc
It was great, except my magic band wasn’t working. I told the rest to go ahead but I made it before the seating. It generally doesn’t take us 90 minutes and we got some pretty good pictures along the way. It’s just a joy to be in the park before the crowd. While we were there I think they were doing a 30 minute early entry so we still got in before everyone else. Just beware when we were there they no longer have a line for the early ADRs and there was a pretty good crowd. They walk everyone in and they have to stay in front of the castle while the ADRs get to advance.

It was great, except my magic band wasn’t working. I told the rest to go ahead but I made it before the seating. It generally doesn’t take us 90 minutes and we got some pretty good pictures along the way. It’s just a joy to be in the park before the crowd. While we were there I think they were doing a 30 minute early entry so we still got in before everyone else. Just beware when we were there they no longer have a line for the early ADRs and there was a pretty good crowd. They walk everyone in and they have to stay in front of the castle while the ADRs get to advance.
Plus we were using the genie+ so we had reserve times. We decided to go from the castle to fantasyland then back to Ariel then worked our way around the park from there clockwise. We ended out the evening at the Haunted mansion. The other issue we had in an otherwise great day was my son got the $LL for 7 dwarfs later in the evening, causing us to have to cross across the park then back again to Splash. If you plan to use genie plus work it around your adrs so you don’t have to cross cross the park. For instance if we had gotten BOG we would have worked our way around from the castle toward Hainted mansion and gone around counter clockwise. We had dinner at the Plaza.eemagic.jpg

Last edited:

Plus we were using the genie+ so we had reserve times. We decided to go from the castle to fantasyland then back to Ariel then worked our way around the park from there clockwise. We ended out the evening at the Haunted mansion. The other issue we had in an otherwise great day was my son got the $LL for 7 dwarfs later in the evening, causing us to have to cross across the park then back again to Splash. If you plan to use genie plus work it around your adrs so you don’t have to cross cross the park. For instance if we had gotten BOG we would have worked our way around from the castle toward Hainted mansion and gone around counter clockwise. We had dinner at the Plaza.
That sounds great and very similar to what I was planning. So I was figuring on making sure we’re at MK for around 7:30, queue up to get in, then split from the crowds for our ADR, then make our way through Fantasyland onto Tomorrowland etc I’m glad it didn’t take to long, hopeful to book our first LL for maybe 9ish or 9:30 and make it Peter Pan then ILL for SDMT if I can get a morning time but doubtful but can always standby small world, Pooh, then LL SM if poss, standby buzz - we’ll definitely leave mid day for some resort time but then I plan to stack for an evening in Adventureland and Frontierland before/after dessert party.

I just want to add that between crowds and (I guess) reduced restaurant capacity these reservations are easy enough to get, if you use the strategy of being online 6 am day of booking ability, but I can't stress enough the importance of sitting your family down and deciding on where/when to eat. I currently have 1 reservation I'm trying to add 1 or 2 people to, checking daily, several times a day AND on a reservation finder, and a split reservation I'm trying to secure a better time. If I'm unable to change the time(s) on the reservations, I will have to drop them. This is because my husband decided he wanted to eat at Space 220 2 days after I secured the reservations for my son's family, and my daughter in law decided a couple of weeks ago that she'd like to eat at Be Our Guest after having previously decided on The Plaza. I have the Plaza (still) but managed to secure parties of 2 and 4 for BOG but they are during the fireworks, which is a no from me. I do believe the closer I get to our trip I will get something, but I still try multiple times daily.
Is there a party size where it starts getting much harder? We are 3 and going with a family of 4. I am looking at the hardest places to get: CRT, space220, Scifi, oga (which seems easy enough to get if you have your phone in hand all day)

Morning! For anyone heading to Dis this November and wondering how things are going currently, here is how I did this AM:

60: Via Napoli dinner (much later than I wanted)
60+1: Citricos and Bluezoo dinner both easy (waiting for in-laws to decide) - unable to get Topolino's for dinner
60+2: Hollywood Brown Derby lunch - plenty of times - unable to get Sci-Fi dinner
60+3: Yak and Yeti dinner (much later than I wanted)
60+4: Sci-Fi Dinner (only one time available - booked this second, thankfully I prioritized as this is a must return for us)
60+5: Topolino's breakfast but not until 11:05 - and two times were snatched up before I finished the res - I booked this one first!
60+6: Il Mulino, zero issues here (no Cali Grill, but saw another thread to check this again at 60 days exactly)
60+7: Boathouse brunch through Opentable

Overall, I think it went pretty well! Surprised my timing for Via Napoli and Yak and Yeti was challenging. I'll keep trying to modify the times that aren't ideal, but my kids can handle a bit later if necessary.

I agree the tabs on the laptop pre-loaded with restaurants and times is a HUGE help! I also found processing to be slow (wish I thought to turn off phone wi-fi!) and was glad to have my phone by my side so I could start a new res there while another was SLOWLY confirming. Definitely do not assume it's fine and move onto the next until it's completed.

Is there a party size where it starts getting much harder? We are 3 and going with a family of 4. I am looking at the hardest places to get: CRT, space220, Scifi, oga (which seems easy enough to get if you have your phone in hand all day)
I don’t have any experience with any party size above 6 people but I would think Sci Fi. Would be hard as I don’t know if I’ve noticed anything above 6 for seating. Ogas is easy enough to get and I’ve heard if you want the Space 220 lounge as opposed to the restaurant that smaller parties are better. IMO Sci Fi, CRT, and 220 are very hard to get. If you have anyone to help you I’d have 2 other people online day of booking and I’d have 1 try for the party of 7/8 and 1 each, and try for parties of 4 at or near the same time. It’s easy to drop 1 but people have said that even number reservations are easier to get than odd numbers, however, I’ve had success with odd numbers in the parties. Maybe just practice with the reservations before the big day. I’d just try to see what’s available for 7 and 4/3 to try to get a feel for what will work. Also, some of the hardest to get restaurants are dropped a day or 2 before the reservation date because people change plans. Anyway, good luck, and always keep trying!

Last edited:
Space220 lounge has tables of 2 or 4 (haven’t heard of anyone get 6). Sometimes they let you add a person at checkin but we haven’t tried at Space (cancelled due to flight changes).

We have been able to get CRT (plenty of BOG open 9-11 pm) for 5 easily. The reservations at MK are added when extra hours are added 2 weeks before your trip. People also gave up resort dining in favor of in park dining (I wasn’t fast enough to get Story Book dining but it did show up; eventually someone coordinated for 4 and we were able to add a 5th person during check in; but had to wait 40 mins for a table).

If you book a party of 4 at CRT you will be paying for a party of four. Full payment is due at time of booking. That’s not to say you can’t adjust it later but it’s kind of a hassle.

Oga’s is hard to get unless you’re looking at 60+5; Topolinos breakfast (highlight) was 60+6 (same as Space220). I never saw opening for Treats and seats (open at midnight), but booked Dessert After party at 5:30 am (pre party opened 5:45-6 am).

Here is a thread on the ADR drop when hours get added (need alerts as drops are all over the place)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-park-hours-and-new-adrs.3831833/page-10

On dessert parties (require full payment):

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/page-14#post-64284967

Last edited:
Ive found that if i hammer the refresh enough on my phone I can find an Oga's open each time. I did 2 at HS so far this year that way a few days before. I also got one a like 2 days before at Disneyland a few weeks ago.

Today was the first time I’ve experienced more than a minor glitch on both my phone and laptop—while my husbands name pops right up I kept getting “we’re having trouble adding members of your party” and lost my preferred time. Then I got two more error messages about completing the transaction, only to log in on the other device to now find two reservations on the same day to the same restaurant. Both mobile and desk top versions gave me grief today.

Morning! For anyone heading to Dis this November and wondering how things are going currently, here is how I did this AM:

60: Via Napoli dinner (much later than I wanted)
60+1: Citricos and Bluezoo dinner both easy (waiting for in-laws to decide) - unable to get Topolino's for dinner
60+2: Hollywood Brown Derby lunch - plenty of times - unable to get Sci-Fi dinner
60+3: Yak and Yeti dinner (much later than I wanted)
60+4: Sci-Fi Dinner (only one time available - booked this second, thankfully I prioritized as this is a must return for us)
60+5: Topolino's breakfast but not until 11:05 - and two times were snatched up before I finished the res - I booked this one first!
60+6: Il Mulino, zero issues here (no Cali Grill, but saw another thread to check this again at 60 days exactly)
60+7: Boathouse brunch through Opentable

Overall, I think it went pretty well! Surprised my timing for Via Napoli and Yak and Yeti was challenging. I'll keep trying to modify the times that aren't ideal, but my kids can handle a bit later if necessary.

I agree the tabs on the laptop pre-loaded with restaurants and times is a HUGE help! I also found processing to be slow (wish I thought to turn off phone wi-fi!) and was glad to have my phone by my side so I could start a new res there while another was SLOWLY confirming. Definitely do not assume it's fine and move onto the next until it's completed.
11 am Topolinos can double as lunch (steak was top quality; sour cream waffle is a must -they don’t give out the recipe.). Don’t give up that time. We went at 10:30 am and had a great time. Riviera is just so relaxing.

We didn’t go into HS until late afternoon.

Our ADR day was Monday and we ended up getting everything we wanted, at the times we hoped for. Our ADR's are mostly for a party of 6 or 7. The process was a little slower because it made me input my credit card for every one instead of it being saved (I checked beforehand to make sure my card was stored on my MDE).

Our ADR day was yesterday (Wednesday) and, despite what I’ve read here, I’m still surprised at how many restaurants were booked. I consider myself to be a savvy planner and a veteran of multiple trips. I was on before 6am with multiple devices refreshing for our 60+6 trip for 3 of us. No luck at 6am getting Space restaurant or the lounge at 60+6. I also saw nothing available for Topolino‘s breakfast and Yak & Yeti lunch or dinner at 60+6. I even looked for 4 people for these but still had no luck. I was expecting off times but not to be shut out completely for all of those.

I did get:
60+6: Sci-Fi Dinner (lunch was not available)
60+5: Tusker House dinner
60+4: San Angel

Everything else that I was able to get was anticipated as they were less-popular ADRs.

Of course, I’ll keep checking and probably do a paid service or two. I guess it tells us that November is going to be very busy.

Our ADR day was this morning and OMG what a mess! Luckily my friend that's going with us came over (with coffee) and we tag teamed the reservations! I thought I'd add since it was helpful for me to see what others were having issues with, esp as a larger group. In the end it took us about 3 solid hours of trying to get most of the reservations we needed secured with a few that we ended up cancelling when we ended up with better times/days.

We are a group of 8.

60: Boma @ 5P
60+1: Biergarten @ 5P
60+2: Liberty Tree 11A, BOG 4P
60+3: Boma @ 7A, Ragland Road @ 6P
60+4: SciFi @ 10:30A, 50s Prime @4P
60+5: Sanaa @ 1P, Beaches at 3P, Liberty Tree at 6P (will drop one probably)
60+6: Boma @ 8A

Our priorities were Sci Fi then Be Our Guest then Ohana. The date we got SciFi for was the only one that was available the whole week. It's not ideal but it was a priority for one of the kids so we took it.

Be Our Guest was tricky at first but then the later it got the more dates/times popped up. We ended up with way too many BOG reservations bc of how they kept opening up. We ideally wanted it for our 60 day but NOTHING in Magic Kingdom is available that day so we went with one at our resort.

'Ohana was a nope nope nope. There were no dates/times that ever popped up for our group but a reservation finder did pop up later with one on the 60 day but it was for 9:45P which is too late for the kids. We ideally wanted this for 60+2.

Beaches was next and that was tricky too. We did end up finding it for 60+5 but I'm not sure we'll keep it. We wanted it for 60+1.

We never saw anything for Via Napoli, Space 220, Tony's, Cinderella, Topolino's or Chef Mickey's. Probably due to our group size?

Our ADR day was this morning and OMG what a mess! Luckily my friend that's going with us came over (with coffee) and we tag teamed the reservations! I thought I'd add since it was helpful for me to see what others were having issues with, esp as a larger group. In the end it took us about 3 solid hours of trying to get most of the reservations we needed secured with a few that we ended up cancelling when we ended up with better times/days.

We are a group of 8.

60: Boma @ 5P
60+1: Biergarten @ 5P
60+2: Liberty Tree 11A, BOG 4P
60+3: Boma @ 7A, Ragland Road @ 6P
60+4: SciFi @ 10:30A, 50s Prime @4P
60+5: Sanaa @ 1P, Beaches at 3P, Liberty Tree at 6P (will drop one probably)
60+6: Boma @ 8A

Our priorities were Sci Fi then Be Our Guest then Ohana. The date we got SciFi for was the only one that was available the whole week. It's not ideal but it was a priority for one of the kids so we took it.

Be Our Guest was tricky at first but then the later it got the more dates/times popped up. We ended up with way too many BOG reservations bc of how they kept opening up. We ideally wanted it for our 60 day but NOTHING in Magic Kingdom is available that day so we went with one at our resort.

'Ohana was a nope nope nope. There were no dates/times that ever popped up for our group but a reservation finder did pop up later with one on the 60 day but it was for 9:45P which is too late for the kids. We ideally wanted this for 60+2.

Beaches was next and that was tricky too. We did end up finding it for 60+5 but I'm not sure we'll keep it. We wanted it for 60+1.

We never saw anything for Via Napoli, Space 220, Tony's, Cinderella, Topolino's or Chef Mickey's. Probably due to our group size?
You can book 4 people and add one at Topolinos (from experience). I highly recommend a breakfast or 11:30 am (doubles as lunch). Are you able to book 2 ADRs and divide your group?

Another trick is to search by time hourly (not by dinner, lunch). Try looking for 4 pm and different party size for Ohana.

Last edited:
Availability is going to be slim as that week is in between Jersey week and Thanksgiving (many people trying to avoid those will book the week in between)

You can book 4 people and add one at Topolinos (from experience). I highly recommend a breakfast or 11:30 am (doubles as lunch). Are you able to book 2 ADRs and divide your group?

Another trick is to search by time hourly (not by dinner, lunch). Try looking for 4 pm and different party size for Ohana.
We tried the time vs. the generic meal but struck out on that too. I added 'Ohana to a reservation tracker thing and will hope for the best. We're not super upset but it'd be a good grab.

Topolino's was one we were fine either way on. We were able to get in at Boma so that's fine!

I wish it were easier to see if you can get two 4 tops close to the same time without making the one reservation before going back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter