What I was told about AP rates

tar heel

<font color=royalblue>Where will we get our news i
When I booked code rates for our June trip yesterday, I asked about AP rates. The CM said that they were not available yet, but that they probably would be about the same as the code ones I had just booked and be for other resorts (I booked two All Star rooms). I told her I was hoping they might be closer to the Florida resident rates -- she said she didn't expect that to be the case.

Even if they are the same as the codes, that's okay with me!

My dilema is that the first 3 nights of my stay are booked solid, so although I was able to get a concierge finally changed to standard, there are absolutely no discounts that can be applied to those first 3 nights because the resort is sold out!:eek:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

First of all, I have learned that reservationist have NO clue as to what will happen with the rates. They all think that they have connections who give them hints but none of them truely know a thing... I was told by a very very reliable source that reps find out only 3 days in advance as to what the discounted rates will be. I know that as of yet they have not been told a thing. I don't think the rates will come out exactly the same as the codes that are already out, but I also don't expect them to be much cheaper. My advice, Don't listen to the reps they truely don't know how to predict what will happen. They know only the things that have already happened.

Which three nights at which resort were sold out? Just curious about how busy WDW might be and when.

We are going May 13-19 and had no problems with rooms at POR and WL during that time with the AEF discount code - $94 at POR and $154 and WL

Wish I was a Florida Resident ;)

Thanks
Jason

jaysue,
We have reservations from 7/3-7/11. The nights of 7/6-7/11 are no problem. At least I was able to get a AAA discount, since no codes are available for that time frame as of yet. It's the nights of 7/3-7/5 that are the problem. At first all we could get was concierge. Absolutely no waterview or standard view rooms available with or without a discount.

Through persistant calling, I was able to pick up a standard room for one of the days, then a week later another day, etc, until I at least have a standard room for those 3 nights, but at rack rate!:eek: It was pure luck, because now still there aren't any waterview or standard rooms to be had. It appears that a large block of them have been reserved, maybe for a convention. If there are numerous cancellations, then maybe we have a shot at a discount. The CM told me that if the room type is sold out, there won't be any discounts for that type of room. Any cancellations go back into the system as rack rate.:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter