What ID do you take out with you?

I carry my DL and I take a picture of my passport photo page on my phone, Diney will accept both together for serving alochol. They wont accept a uk DL on its own.

Never had a problem elsewhere with just my DL but it does seem to be inconsistant everywhere these days.

My 73 year old grandma was refused service because she didn't have her ID. I kid you not! She thought it was a joke, but they absolutely refused her.
Never had a problem in Florida but some states are really strict, we toured 8 states in March/April this year, some states have now adopted ID for alcohol, no matter if you are 21 or 99 they have to enter your date of birth into the cash register before they will sell you it. DL was good enough everywhere we went though.

I refuse to carry my passport to the parks or resorts for dinner. Passports live in the safe

I have had more problems getting annual pass or DVC discount than alcohol.

I carry photocopies of our passports and our driving licenses.

Of course we have tripped ourselves up before arriving at the airport and remembering our passports are still in the safe... Lucky we were early.

UK DLs are not valid ID for Alcohol in FL.
Thanks, I was just referring to the UK DL as being a form of proof id-not for the purpose of alcohol.

Ive never been asked for id. I must look well old :p

I have been ID'd a few times at WDW and Universal. The first time (I was 38) I thought it was a joke! I now carry my photo DL and that has always been accepted. I am not risking losing my passport. I did have to use my passport to collect our Disney Christmas party tickets in 2010 as they would not accept my DL. Good job I had gone to collect them a day early.

Both me and DH just use our photo driving licence. That said think I was only ID'd once this trip at Target (i'm 40/DH 41) buying beer and Uk licence was fine. Wasn't asked for ID at Walmart they had a sign up saying we ID all under 40 or similar.

I wasn't asked for ID in bubba gump or DH in pat o brien at Universal citywalk.

Can I ask about the disney cruise? I assume they take your age from the key to the world card as I was never asked for ID and also could buy more than one drink no problem at a time.

Can I ask about the disney cruise? I assume they take your age from the key to the world card as I was never asked for ID and also could buy more than one drink no problem at a time.
They must do. This August Matt was only 21 years + 1 month when we sailed, they never questioned his age.

UK DLs are not valid ID for Alcohol in FL.

And yet this forum is full of regular visitors who have never been declined service with a UK DL. If it's not valid, that's certainly not being enforced. We had no problems during a 14 night trip earlier in the year which involved alcohol purchases each evening, and indeed some afternoons ;) So whilst it may not be "valid", it certainly is "accepted"

It is what I have always used, and had accepted, as ID whenever I have bought alcohol all over Florida, including Universal and Disney theme parks and resorts. I know that Disney said a couple of years ago that they would only accept a passport as valid ID for purchase of alcohol but I have never found that to be the case and, if it were, I would just go without my drink. I am NOT carrying my passport with me for any reason, unless somebody tells me that I am legally required to do so.

I think it's a legacy from the days of your tourist visa waiver being in your passport. As it's all electronic now, it's just the UK Travel Office guidance to carry it. That said, I doubt many Brits do...

Officially you must carry your passport at all times.
When asked for ID, we only ever show driver's licence and have never been refused service. We have been caught out by the one-ID, one-drink rule which is a pain, though.

What's that mean?

To prevent people from buying alcohol for minors, you normally have to show one ID for each alcoholic drink you buy, i.e. each person having a drink needs to show ID.

So 1 drink = 1 ID? Got it... So my husband couldn't go and buy him and I a drink at the same time. We each would have to go up there and order? Just curious. We have a baby & 3 older girls. Figured I would send him to get us drinks while I wait with our girls.

So 1 drink = 1 ID? Got it... So my husband couldn't go and buy him and I a drink at the same time. We each would have to go up there and order? Just curious. We have a baby & 3 older girls. Figured I would send him to get us drinks while I wait with our girls.

You can try i - in our experience, the rule is inconsistently enforced. I've had no problem getting two drinks one day and declined the next, both in Disney and Universal. They seem to be getting more strict with it, though. If you sit down for a meal, or for drinks at a bar with waiter service, it's not a problem because the server will ID you at the table.

I recall at hoop de doo they would give me 2 small beers with 1 ID (my uk photo driving licence)

When I was about 30 I was also ID'd when DH was buying beer in case he was going to give it to a minor meaning me.

And yet this forum is full of regular visitors who have never been declined service with a UK DL. If it's not valid, that's certainly not being enforced. We had no problems during a 14 night trip earlier in the year which involved alcohol purchases each evening, and indeed some afternoons ;) So whilst it may not be "valid", it certainly is "accepted"

What I was trying to avoid was giving first time visitors false expectations. Which no one can seem to do here.

I'm 30 and my wife is 28 and we've both been declined at least once in each of our trips, both at Disney and Universal.

Maybe we just look young ;)

1 ID = I drink, but you should be ok to have 1 person go and buy two drinks with two distinctively different ID's. At bars in NYC this summer I often went to the bar, got two drinks and on the one occasion I was asked for ID, I produced my drivers licence, then pointed at the GF and said "the other ones for her. this is her ID".

i never took any out !! got id only once at one of the stalls in epcot the rest of the time i never got asked , however i also wouldnt have minded having a soft drink in the event of not been able to produce my i.d ( im really good at losing breaking any thing important so preferred not to have the pressure. i get stressed out and always check i have not lost said important item then as im always opening my bag to check i havent lost anything it ends up getting lost )

We were in WDW last week, mainly for the food and wine festival.
We are both over 60 so were not asked to show id for alcohol purchases.
When using our TiW card or getting an AP discount they accepted our UK driving license as id.
Over the last twenty years we have only been asked for id in restaurants twice and, on both occasions, we simply left and went to eat somewhere else.

ford family

I'm 26 and I was asked to show ID this trip probably 60% of the time and I always use my passport as ID. I was refused alcohol last year at Disney when I only had my DL so I think a lot of it depends on who you get serving you. That trip I was asked for ID every time so obviously I've aged ALOT this year! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter