What if DAS holder leaves line? Can companions continue?

Perdita&Pongo

Platinum DCL Cruiser and BWV DVC Member
If a DAS holder needs to leave a line that they and their family have tapped in for, do the family members have to leave also or can they stay and ride the ride?

If they can stay, but the DAS holder leaves before a second tapstile (if that ride has one) then what happens? Are the family members denied to go on the ride?

I’d just like to be prepared beforehand as this kind of thing could get messy in the moment. Thanx for any help & advice. :flower3:

The DAS is for the individual with the need. Access for others through DAS is a courtesy extended by Disney. If the individual needing the accommodation is not riding, they no longer need the accommodation. Since do accommodation needs to be given, line access will be denied.

Last edited:
If you think this will happen often, get Genie+ for the other members of the group so they can at least have that. Also, talk to the CM as everyone exits, and see if there is any "pixie dust" possible, but don't count on it - just be grateful if they do let the others stay. Using DAS access without the DAS holder actually riding the attraction is cause for revoking entry into the parks, BTW.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I have one question still - Two of my grandchildren (10 and 3) each have DAS - they both needed it because they will be in different parks some days. On the days they are in the same park we were told to pick the first DAS under the child who will do the most rides as you can only pick one child per park per day. So what do we do if one child does not want to ride a particular ride, but he is the one with that day's DAS - is there a way to use the second child's DAS for that ride?

I'm glad I saw this thread. I have one question still - Two of my grandchildren (10 and 3) each have DAS - they both needed it because they will be in different parks some days. On the days they are in the same park we were told to pick the first DAS under the child who will do the most rides as you can only pick one child per park per day. So what do we do if one child does not want to ride a particular ride, but he is the one with that day's DAS - is there a way to use the second child's DAS for that ride?
If both children have DAS you can split with some in the party getting a Return Time under one and some with the other. OR you can do most under 1 DAS but the other DAS-holder can only get a Return Time on his/her own DAS. So both DAS will be active.

If you think 1 child is more likely to need to leave the queue, get the party’s Return Time under the other DAS.

My daughter-in-law was told she had to pick which child to use the DAS for each day, and that once she booked a return time under that child all others must be booked under him. Is that not the case? She is not willing to spend another 10 hours trying to chat with them again!! The 3 year old is most likely to want most of the rides, but is too short for some. With the 10 year old who is tall enough for everything - we will have to see hour by hour what he can do. So can I book most under the 3 year old and then just the couple of height req. rides under the 10 year old?

My daughter-in-law was told she had to pick which child to use the DAS for each day, and that once she booked a return time under that child all others must be booked under him. Is that not the case? She is not willing to spend another 10 hours trying to chat with them again!! The 3 year old is most likely to want most of the rides, but is too short for some. With the 10 year old who is tall enough for everything - we will have to see hour by hour what he can do. So can I book most under the 3 year old and then just the couple of height req. rides under the 10 year old?
Sounds like she may have been given incorrect info…how many total are in you party, including the DAS holders?

There has to be some miscommunication/misunderstanding here. Not only do you not have to « share » the DAS, you cannot do it. A DAS is assigned to a specific person when it is created (with their picture attached); you cannot pick a child (or adult) to use it each day.

I know that some people mentioned that they could only do pre-selection on DAS (though others reporting doing them on each DAS, just that a given person couldn’t have pre-selections on multiple ones).

I agree with OBT - I’d just wait until you get to the parks and get a second DAS. The two boys can only be on their own DAS, but everyone else should be able to be on both (though only have one return time at a time).

So now I'm really confused! Both boys have DAS. If I use DAS child #1 for a return time - it will include him and the rest of us, but DAS child #2 has to make a separate return time for himself for the same ride?? Our pre-selected rides show all 5 of us including both boys.

So now I'm really confused! Both boys have DAS. If I use DAS child #1 for a return time - it will include him and the rest of us, but DAS child #2 has to make a separate return time for himself for the same ride?? Our pre-selected rides show all 5 of us including both boys.
I think I can explain it….
Each person registered for DAS has their own profile and would need their own DAS Return Time to go on an attraction. Other members of your group can be linked to both DAS holders. Each person can only have one active DAS Return Time at a time, so if your DAS holders have DAS Return Times for different attractions, the other people in your group can’t be linked on both.
That would be what the CM meant by ‘you need to choose who to include each day’.

In the DAS Return Time section of the app, it lists DAS holders in the top part of the screen and the other guests who are attached to DAS are in the section below.
When making a DAS Return Time, the DAS holder is automatically checked (since the DAS holder needs to go on the attraction). The other guests are not automatically selected and you can choose to ’select all’ or select only certain guests attached to DAS.
When there is more than 1 DAS holder, I believe the default is both selected. The CM doing the DAS Advance Selections is likely to leave it like that - it would be time consuming and could get confusing to choose all the separate guests. So, if someone has more than 1 DAS holder in their group, it makes sense to choose attractions both want to ride.

When YOU are making DAS Return Times for something both children want to go on, make sure BOTH of your DAS holders are chosen in the top part of the screen, then select the other guests. That way, both children DO have their own DAS Return Time for the same attraction. If one choose not to ride, the guests are all still ‘attached’.

If your DAS holders want to go on different attractions, make sure ONLY the DAS holder who wants to ride is checked, then choose the other guests who will go on with him.
You can choose a different DAS Return Time/attraction for the your other DAS holder; the guests who aren’t linked to the first DAS Return Time will be available to link to this one

Thank you.
For the most part we are all sticking together for the day - we won't bother with trying for two different rides at the same time. If we choose a return time under DAS Child#1 and choose all 5 of us to ride, including DAS Child #2, and them #2 doesn't want to ride can he and one of the adults just tap in and wait for them to exit? That way we are all on the sale time line for next return time./ This is what is most likely to happen, as Child #2 may want to ride until he sees the ride, or is too overwhelmed by that particular time.
If the whole day does not have to have return times made in only one of the names we can easily make most with the 3 year old who rides anything he's tall enough for; and for a ride with height requirement we can use the 10 year old and just include that child and 2 adults, leaving one adult with the 3 year old. We were just worried that once we made the first return time using the 3 year old, nobody could ride anything he wasn't tall enough for - for the rest of the day.. The 10 year old is likely to only ride half the rides, but I want him to have all the options.

If we choose a return time under DAS Child#1 and choose all 5 of us to ride, including DAS Child #2,
If Child#2 has his own DAS, his Return Time will be on his own DAS. The system will not give him a return "on" another person's DAS. But yes get a Return Time for the rest of the party on the DAS Child who is least-likely to chicken out. Just know that if #2 leaves the queue after tapping in, he may not be able to re-enter unless you speak with the CM at the time you leave the queue.

Once you have tapped in, if there is no other scan point, the CMs loading the ride have no idea who has a DAS and who doesn't.

That said, if Disney suspects anyone is abusing the system, the DAS will be revoked.

Thank you! Just so confusing with having 2 children with completely different issues and no experience with Disney type rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter