What if I just order appetizers and drinks at a table service?

Cayaco

Mouseketeer
I want to try a bunch of places, their drinks, and an appetizer or two, dessert as well, but do not really want the expensive entrees.

Will they say no and kick us out? This would be at the dark Mexican place in Epcot by the ride and Be Our Guest for dinner.

You could up spending more for appetizers and desserts and drinks than just on an entree. I wouldn't worry.

However was it San Angel where someone reported that they weren't given chips and salsa since they weren't getting an entree? I can't recall...

I do this a lot - get two apps and a dessert. I usually end up spending the same, if not more, than if I ordered an app and entree. It's all good!

I have been on the Appetizer Dining plan for several years. It has nothing to do with saving money and everything to do with quality and diversity. The appetizers seem to be the last remaining hold out from the standardization of the Disney menus, perhaps because Disney actually has to convince you to buy them instead of having them included in your "free" Dining plan????

I have been on the Appetizer Dining plan for several years. It has nothing to do with saving money and everything to do with quality and diversity. The appetizers seem to be the last remaining hold out from the standardization of the Disney menus, perhaps because Disney actually has to convince you to buy them instead of having them included in your "free" Dining plan????

THIS!

One of my biggest complaints of the dining plans in general (and "free dining" in specific), is the homogenization of the restaurants and the overall lack of creativity of the entrees. Since the appetizers aren't a part of the DDP, that's the one place chefs have where they can be creative. We typically go the appetizer only, or possibly the "appetizer and split a pasta dish" route.

Steve

Great to know because many times we love so many appetizers that it is tough to just choose one and a meal.

Just to echo what others have said, we often will just do appetizers and drinks. We do it for a few reasons: 1) we're relatively light eaters; 2) appetizers are often more creative and appealing; 3) cost. Have fun!

Doing apps & dessert & a few drinks (assuming alcohol here) you'll be spending more than if you just ordered the chicken or pasta entrée & a soda. Nothing wrong with either one so relax & enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter