• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What if I want to try and get a better rate? Even though I'm already booked?

ContemporaryGirl

<font color=0000FF>I can see clearly now!!<br><fon
I've only given my down payment, but have my final payment at my TA due in next month. My question is, (and I probably should ask my TA, but I know she's not at the office right now!!) does anyone know if I could rebook, the same Resort and all that I have now, but at a better rate. Since they are so much cheaper now, that what they were back in September when we originally booked? Has anyone ever done this? We are really struggling to pull the money together for the trip, and it sure would help if we could get a better rate. But also have our heart set for the BC.

Thanks,:earsgirl: :earsboy: :tongue: :tongue:

You will need to contact your travel agent because he/she will know of any cancellation penalties, your package type, etc. I would be most concerned about your ability to cancel at this time without some type of penalty. . .

If there is no penalty, you are certainly free to rebook your rooms at a lower rate or the TA is free to seek a lowered rate on your behalf. Have you considered calling WDW yourself to see if there was a lower available rate using codes, etc. for your trip dates and at your resort? Then, provided you could do better and there were no cancellation fees or change fees through your TA, you could rebook yourself. Alternatively, if there are no change or cancellation fees, the TA could also do it for you.

Monies applied to one res are often transferable to another. We've done it in the past without a problem. Since you say your vacation is next month, I'm wondering if you are in a time frame that has no available discounts. I believe, if I remember correctly, the codes only extend through 4/9/03 or 6/30/03 but exclude the holiday/spring break times from 4/9 through the end of April. You could check on mousesavers.com or I'm sure someone with much more experience than I could help you out as the day progresses.

Hope you're able to accomplish your goal.

While I don't know exactly what you've booked with your travel agent and what restrictions might apply, rest assured that many of us have made changes to already booked reservations without any problem.

Thanks for all the great info, that eases my mind, that I may have some control over the situation still! Tess, my balance is due next month, but we wont be leaving till about the 12th of June, looks like about the same time you are! So hopefully I'll have some time to switch some things around! Thanks again for all your help!!

PS......love the Ears for Beers thing!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :tongue: :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter