What if we test + on the way to WDW?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the cancellation/change policy would be in the event one of us tested positive on our way to WDW, I guess within the few days prior to flight, would we be out all that $? We have "Q4 BRD Disney Resort Hotel Package" booked if it makes a difference. I kept thinking about testing for the way home, but never really thought of a positive on the way down.

Does anyone know what the cancellation/change policy would be in the event one of us tested positive on our way to WDW, I guess within the few days prior to flight, would we be out all that $? We have "Q4 BRD Disney Resort Hotel Package" booked if it makes a difference. I kept thinking about testing for the way home, but never really thought of a positive on the way down.
I don’t know but you should be able to find the info on the WDW website. And get a trip cancelation-interruption insurance policy.

I wasnt sure if anything changed due to covid, but it looks like as long as we would cancel 2 days prior it would only be a $200 cancellation penalty. Now ideally, if they will still be needed then, 3 days prior you could get tested, then receive the result next (at 2 days prior) and cancel if necessary.

I would think it would be the same as any other medical issue that prevents you from travelling. As a previous commenter mentioned, purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance (and read the fine print before purchasing!)

I think we have the same deal/rate code booked for our possible trip in August. My understanding of the Disney cancellation/refund policy (at the moment) is that for packages, if you are cancelling within 30 days of check-in, you will be refunded all but your $200 deposit. However if you cancel within 1 day of check-in, you are not eligible for any refund. I'm not clear whether "within 1 day" means... the day you were supposed to check in, or the day before you were supposed to check in, or something else, but I'm sure that could be cleared up quickly by giving Disney a call.

I think the cancellation policy is slightly different for a room-only reservation, so it might depend on what you have booked.

I found good trip cancellation/interruption insurance through Manulife - it specifically mentions that being diagnosed or testing positive for Covid is a covered condition :-)

I think we have the same deal/rate code booked for our possible trip in August. My understanding of the Disney cancellation/refund policy (at the moment) is that for packages, if you are cancelling within 30 days of check-in, you will be refunded all but your $200 deposit. However if you cancel within 1 day of check-in, you are not eligible for any refund. I'm not clear whether "within 1 day" means... the day you were supposed to check in, or the day before you were supposed to check in, or something else, but I'm sure that could be cleared up quickly by giving Disney a call.

I think the cancellation policy is slightly different for a room-only reservation, so it might depend on what you have booked.

I found good trip cancellation/interruption insurance through Manulife - it specifically mentions that being diagnosed or testing positive for Covid is a covered condition :-)
I read it as if you cancel between 30 and 2 days prior to check in you only lose the $200, but if you cancel day before check in you lose everything. We typically dont get trip cancellation insurance, but may actually have it thru work insurance:).

My plan is to hopefully find a testing location with 24 hour results, test 3 days prior, receive the test results in 24 hours/2 days prior and be able to cancel if need be with only the $200 loss-of course this would be heartbreaking after not being back to wdw since pre covid. Now, to find testing locations with 24 hour turnaround around the GTA...

I read it as if you cancel between 30 and 2 days prior to check in you only lose the $200, but if you cancel day before check in you lose everything. We typically dont get trip cancellation insurance, but may actually have it thru work insurance:).

My plan is to hopefully find a testing location with 24 hour results, test 3 days prior, receive the test results in 24 hours/2 days prior and be able to cancel if need be with only the $200 loss-of course this would be heartbreaking after not being back to wdw since pre covid. Now, to find testing locations with 24 hour turnaround around the GTA...

Might this work? https://www.torontopearson.com/en/healthy-airport/covid-19-testing-at-toronto-pearson

Get Travel Insurance. Most major ones cover Covid. As mentioned above, we have Manulife and it is covered for Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter