• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Imaginary RunDisney Race do you want to race in?

spideymike

Mouseketeer
What's your ideal RunDisney themed race that doesn't exist yet?

It's pretty obvious at least that WDW needs another 1/2 marathon - but what themed race would you love to see?

I'd love to see a Pirates of the Caribbean-themed race. Just think if the 1/2 finisher's medal would like just like the Cursed Gold coins from the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl?

aztec-gold-pic2.jpg

Disney could also do something where every year the theme is different:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
PIXAR, etc...

What would you love to see?

I'd sign up for a pirate race in a heartbeat!!

I'd like to see a Lilo and Stitch race, where a giant Stitch chases you lol.

I would love to see an early December set of races at WDW with a Disney Christmas theme. Hold it the first weekend in December.

I think a Christmas-themed race would be fantastic! That lull right before the big Holiday rush between Thanksgiving and Christmas really could use a big event to help draw runners in. Plus the weather is cooler and better for running in Orlando. Don't know if that would be too close to the annual Marathon in January, but I think it's needed.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and as much as I think a 1/2 marathon would be great during the Star Wars Weekends, it's still pretty hot in Orlando to do a race in May let alone June unless it was an evening race. Anaheim will have to be it for now for the Star Wars 1/2.

Pirates would be the perfect theme.

Others that come to mind? Animation theme where they could incorporate all of the great Disney characters.
Cars, Toy Story, maybe an overall Pixar theme?
I'm sure Frozen would also be popular at the moment.

I think a Christmas-themed race would be fantastic! That lull right before the big Holiday rush between Thanksgiving and Christmas really could use a big event to help draw runners in. Plus the weather is cooler and better for running in Orlando. Don't know if that would be too close to the annual Marathon in January, but I think it's needed.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and as much as I think a 1/2 marathon would be great during the Star Wars Weekends, it's still pretty hot in Orlando to do a race in May let alone June unless it was an evening race. Anaheim will have to be it for now for the Star Wars 1/2.

A "Dark Side" Star Wars night race at Disney World would be great. Match it up with a special coast to coast medal from the DL Star Wars race, and they would be all set.

A Pixar themed race weekend would be awesome. I love the idea of a POTC race weekend. A villains themed race weekend would be another I would love to see.

Here's how I see a potential WDW Star Wars race going:
During one of the SW Weekends
Since DL has the Rebel Challenge, WDW would indeed be a nighttime race, dubbed either Imperial Challenge or Dark Side Challenge. Or, better yet, Imperial Challenge is half/full, and Dark Side Challenge is 5k/10k/half/full!
Your C2C would be a special 'Kessel Run' Challenge medal
Kids Fun Run medals would be Padawan Medals

edit: oooo, add in the Castaway Cay 5K on a Star Wars cruise and earn the Galactic Traveler Challenge Medal!

A "Dark Side" Star Wars night race at Disney World would be great. Match it up with a special coast to coast medal from the DL Star Wars race, and they would be all set.
Here's how I see a potential WDW Star Wars race going:
During one of the SW Weekends
Since DL has the Rebel Challenge, WDW would indeed be a nighttime race, dubbed either Imperial Challenge or Dark Side Challenge. Or, better yet, Imperial Challenge is half/full, and Dark Side Challenge is 5k/10k/half/full!
Your C2C would be a special 'Kessel Run' Challenge medal
Kids Fun Run medals would be Padawan Medals

edit: oooo, add in the Castaway Cay 5K on a Star Wars cruise and earn the Galactic Traveler Challenge Medal!
If have to check the nighttime weather averages but you would think they are actually considering this concept. If you think about it, it's kinda perfect. At least the imperial challenge coast to coast part (if not the castaway cay part as I've heard that was logistically kinda difficult).

What's your ideal RunDisney themed race that doesn't exist yet?

It's pretty obvious at least that WDW needs another 1/2 marathon - but what themed race would you love to see?

I'd love to see a Pirates of the Caribbean-themed race. Just think if the 1/2 finisher's medal would like just like the Cursed Gold coins from the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl?

aztec-gold-pic2.jpg

Disney could also do something where every year the theme is different:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
PIXAR, etc...

What would you love to see?
I would absolutely sign up if the medal looked like the Pirates coin! Great idea.

I also would love to see other Disney properties rotated as sort of a theme of the year for an annual race such as Muppets, Guardians of the Galaxy, - heck even an Indiana Jones-themed race or variation on Expedition Everest would be great.

I would love love love a nighttime Star Wars Weekends 1/2 at WDW. I would so be there for that.

It's the multi-day challenge without the long grind of the marathon.

YES.

I personally think that any time you sign up for more than once race you should get some sort of bonus. And that includes a kid's race and the 5K, like when my son does the Mickey Mile and the 5K.

Along the lines of challenges, I'd like to see a mini (or possibly 'Minnie' lol!) C2C - where you do a 10k on each coast instead of a half. And when the international runs start, some sort of international challenge would be good too!

Figment themed race! Any distance. I'll be there. Figment 5K, Figment 50K, any race would be fine. Figment could take over as the character for Wine and Dine.

Also YES to Star Wars dark side race - could be an awesome spring night time race. Although I much prefer the after party after Wine and Dine to the ToT.

I love the ideas of Pirates of the Caribbean (the cursed gold as a medal would be awesome) and a holiday themed race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter