what "important" papers are you bringing onboard ship?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
No, Im not talking documents, passport, birth cert., drivers lic., list of meds, kids homework assignment, plane tickets, rental car ressie, directions, etc.

Im talking about the 3 dining rotations/which night to get Palos, deck plans, list of which clothes to wear which day to what dinner, old navigators w/a daily to do list, kids navigators, (sorry but I got rid of the menus but did study them quite closely) - lol

So what "important" papers are you bringing onboard? Did I forget something?

Barb,

I hope you don't mind but I am going to print out a few of your posts to show my DH so he knows that I am not actually obsessing about our upcoming cruise. "See," I'll say, "It's normal." ;)

He teased me mercilessly on our last vacation (a 10-day combined road trip and air trip to visit friends and relatives in 3 different states) because I put a black binder together with all of our travel info, maps, directions, ressies, etc. In the end, he admitted that it was a great help.

Peggy

I am just laughing real loud right now! Hey, I decided the other day I had to lighten up so Im not really taking all these questions seriously, but you never know --
Can you really tell me there has been noone else out in Cyberspace that hasnt thought these questions just not voiced them? well maybe someone has?
I'll most likely be very embarassed when I do meet my fellow DISers on Nov 30th
only 28more days till we head out - how will I be the week before?
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

For the record, I love your posts. You ask lots of questions but usually come up with originals! I don't mind seeing the same questions over and over again because new people are constantly coming to the board for advice, but it is especially nice to see questions rarely (or ever?) posted. Keep up the good work.

Peggy

Hmm, I'm trying to think what else I would bring and the only thing is my daytimer and address book with phone numbers. I can't think of anything else I would bring that you didn't mention.

You may want to consider NOT bringing old Navigators, they pretty much are useless once you're onboard because all the actual events are in the current Navigators. They're fun for planning in advance but it may get confusing to have all the old and new ones with you. Just a thought. :)

IMGOINGTODISNEY-I just want to echo the previous posters. I love your posts. My DW and I have cruised the Wonder twice and the Magic once and we are getting ready for our Eastern/Western back to back cruises in February. You have asked so many questions that I haven't thought of and a few that for whatever reason I just didn't ask. You have helped already to add to our magic I can't even tell you:bounce: :Pinkbounc :D .

I also need to print out all your posts and show them to my DW so she will realize that I am not alone in my obsessing over our trip and DCL.

I hope you have a very magical cruise and am looking forward to your trip report upon your return:D

Michael

OK guys you have me sitting here laughing again. Yes there will be a cruise trip report when I return. The DIS has been such a wealth of information for me both this vaca and last October. Thank you all so much. When I returned last Oct I posted my trip report to WL/Disney and said I had to keep my name. imgoingtodisney will keep going to Disney/some type of Disney till 2042! You guys are stuck with me -lol

Michelle - I have thought about getting rid of the old Navigators but somehow I really cant. It's my day dreaming and for those 2 days before I step onboard the Magic will be my main source of dreaming since I wont have the DIS - oh my!

Try to distill all you need to know down to a single sheet of paper or a couple index cards. One of my fellow cruisers on our cruise not only had a binder that she carried around on Embarkation Day, she carried it around for the entire cruise. Sorry, that's too obsessive, even for me. Distill it down to something you can fit in your pocket.

I will not be taking any papers. I just plan to go with whatever comes along, and do what I feel like doing in the moment. It's getting close! I can hardly stand it.

I use a three ring binder to keep track of everything. I start it when I first book the cruise, and it's really handy. All receipts from the TA, travel insurance, etc go in there. I also keep a copy of the cruise brochure book. Whenever I find hints or good information on the web, that's printed and put in the binder as well.

The binder also has photocopies of our passports. Our last cruise I was traveling with 8 members of my family in four cabins, and I had copies of everyone's itinerary and passports. In addition, I am divorced from my son's father, and had a letter permitting me to take him out of the country. My daughter is adopted from Cambodia, and has a very confusing immigration status (gotta love the INS bureaucrats), and her paperwork goes in the binder as well.

It's a HUGE help before the cruise! Whenever there's a question or an important piece of paper or whatever, it all goes in the binder. I only have one place to look when I need something.

While I do take it on the cruise with me, it stays in the cabin!
The binder does go with me

I also started a binder the day I booked. I have it divided with color tabs and have put things in order as they will be done. I even three hole punched the DC brochure. (The cover is in the sleeve on the front) I have printed The Magical Disney Cruise Guide and change it every time it is updated. I'm not planing on taking it on the cruise with me but I will have it with me the night before at the Radisson. I copied all the inportant papers along with the excursions, the Calgon's Packing List, Tuxedo Packages, Shirleys gifts, all the information from the Dis that I just didn't want to forget. It has really given me something fun to do along with the disboards while I'm waiting.:Pinkbounc

Before Magic trip last year I made a binder. It answered my questions before I'd even thought of them. DH thought I was nuts...he did 'scan' the night before the trip. But when we got home he pulled out my binder and couldn't believe how much info I'd aquired - and how right on the money it was...I'm peeking back in the binder again but I'm sure it needs revised. Happy sailing!!!

Wow! Are you folks on a vacation or a mission? Are you really serious? Binders? Color coding? I think I've picked the wrong trip. I just want to go have fun.

From my personal experience a Disney Vacation is normally a working vacation....ie..going to Disney World...planning the parks,character breakfasts, standing in lines, etc...but for a Disney Cruise it's pure relaxation...BUT...if you know a few choice things in advance it's an even better experience. What types of things you ask?! Well that's what these threads give you - hints such as when to sign up for Palo's or how the staff can help you with special needs or how to save money on excursions....always remember knowledge is power! :wave:

Originally posted by JiminyMac
Wow! Are you folks on a vacation or a mission? Are you really serious? Binders? Color coding? I think I've picked the wrong trip. I just want to go have fun.

You sound like my DH and you both miss the point. A lot of us find the planning and gathering of information and organizing the info into a binder to be FUN! It is like an extension of the vacation and can begin months ahead of time.

Plus, it can prove very handy to have everything in one place for easy access, as mentioned in an above post. Need your confirmation number for your rental car? You know EXACTLY where it is.

Peggy

I have found from past DisneyWorld trips that the more planning I do ahead of time the better my husband and I enjoy the trip and we are stress free. Everything might not go as planned but we know what options are out there. Our first cruise we were so overwhelmed by the ship that we missed out on so much. We found out you can't do everything (even though we tried). These disboards, and everyone on them, are so great. I can now prioritize. imgoingtodisney you have asked so many helpful questions. I have printed out so many of yours. I'm glad you're going before me so I can read your trip report. I have learned so much. I really get excited when I find out new things about the cruise and can add them to my "binder". I check the disboards everyday so I won't miss something that I didn't know. You all are great!
I know some people can just pack their suitcases and take off in a moment but I'm one of those that the planning is almost as much fun as the trip. I love it! :Pinkbounc

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts, and your dilemmas and your questions! Keep them coming. Your posts have haveanswered some of my questions!

Thanks!
Sherry

Originally posted by peg2001
You sound like my DH and you both miss the point. A lot of us find the planning and gathering of information and organizing the info into a binder to be FUN! It is like an extension of the vacation and can begin months ahead of time.

Plus, it can prove very handy to have everything in one place for easy access, as mentioned in an above post. Need your confirmation number for your rental car? You know EXACTLY where it is.

The planning part, I get. I like it too or I would not be cruising the internet looking for info!

On the other hand, the binder you can't convince me is necessary. On one sheet of paper, I have all conf. #'s, excursions, etc... all important info distilled. I am getting on the ship, getting whatever reservations I get (without a 6 page spreadsheet or navigators or menus from someone else's trip *LOL* to guide me), putting my tired and lazy fanny into a lounger, getting out my "trash" reading, ordering cocktails and letting the fun happen. I want to be at least a bit surprised for heaven's sake and I can't figure out why anyone needs to know what's on the menu or where the ice is or whether toilets stop up or what color the curtains are or if on December 20, 2004 there will be a full moon and a tropical depression and a shuttle launch and if the dolphins will follow the ship etc etc etc... ahead of time. THis is just me and I don;t intend to pass judgement on you if that;s your style, it;s just a little hard for some of us to comprehend. God bless and if I ever have a wedding or some huge event to plan, can I hire you??? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter