what "important" papers are you bringing onboard ship?

my coworkers cant wait for me to leave - lol
One just said "they are encouraging you to keep asking?"

With all the planning and reading I've done until now... I'm not taking anything else with me! If I dont' know about it already, I'll take the surprises!

It's finally here! It really is happy dance time!

See all you 11/2'ers on board!

Paul

We didn't take 'our binder' on board with us but it was in the car! In it we keep Entropy's guide, the packing lists, pertinent posts from this board, etc.

Since we have an 8 hour drive to the port it is a good chance to look through everything one last time. The first cruise we did make some notes on a sheet of paper like when to book Palos based on which rotation we got, which day we wanted to do Tea w/ Wendy, Wine Tasting, etc. based on what else was going on. Also made notes ftrom old Navigators as to when things like The Art to Entertaining series events where held so we wouldn't necessarrily go the first time if there was something else we wanted to do then and not the next time- make sense?

We usually take an envelope to put all the receipts, cards, other papers in so they can go in the scrapbook.

When we go the WDW we have a separate folder for each park! It goes into the room with us but not to the parks themselves!:jester:

Originally posted by JiminyMac
The planning part, I get. I like it too or I would not be cruising the internet looking for info!

THis is just me and I don;t intend to pass judgement on you if that;s your style, it;s just a little hard for some of us to comprehend. God bless and if I ever have a wedding or some huge event to plan, can I hire you??? :)

You are exactly right and it sounds like you will have a wonderful vacation with an easy take it as it comes style. Sometimes planners (overplanners) get upset when things don't happen exactly as they are planned.

As for planning a wedding or huge event for you, no thanks! It is only fun for me if it is an event for ME! Selfish, I know.

Peggy

As for planning a wedding or huge event for you, no thanks! It is only fun for me if it is an event for ME! Selfish, I know.

This is off topic but I just recently saw a thing on Entertainment Tonight about this woman who was a compulsive planner and one day found herself laid off from her job. Her friends all told her she should be a professional planner so she started a business and now she is the wedding planner to the Hollywood set. Talk about leveraging one's assets!

I'm not bringing any PAPER--I converted everything to Word documents and backed them onto my Palm Pilot LOL!

It's easier to have everything right there, and this way DH and FIL don't think I've gone completely nuts!

We have a 21 hour bus trip, so I'll have lots of time to read. I don't plan a lot, and I really don't care about my dining rotation (as long as I get to eat sometime!), but I have a list of things we probably want to do, and see!

I'm not a compulsive planner, but I am a compulsive preparer. I do lots of research, make lots of notes, and then do what I want when I want anyway!

Beth

I have a Deluxe Passporter that I have removed all the WDW pages and replaced them with info from these board and any where I could find it :
Maps, What to do in port; deck plans; packing lists; spa info, shrunk down Navigators and Menus.

I set up the Passporter pockets with airline info, rental car info, Radisson stuff, our ship papers, each port excursion info and so on!

Passporter is supposed to come out with their own Cruise edition in January...but I can't wait!

By the way, there was a study done recently that says that families who are in the stages of planning for a vacation are the most stress-free and happy!:tongue:

Arlene
01/18/03 Magic

Originally posted by arlenerose

By the way, there was a study done recently that says that families who are in the stages of planning for a vacation are the most stress-free and happy!

Really? Or was this something you said tongue-in-cheek? Sounds like an interesting study. Do you remember any of the details?

It was a news report that said "According to a recent survey, ".....I don't remember where the study was done or what TV channel I saw it on! But I can agree that when we are planning a trip [Disney or otherwise] it brings us together and out of any depression we might be feeling. So my family seems to be in a continual planning mode---and me more than everyone else!:jester:

Arlene
01/18/03 Magic [and still planning!]

Originally posted by BethC1952
I'm not a compulsive planner, but I am a compulsive preparer. I do lots of research, make lots of notes, and then do what I want when I want anyway!

Oh my gosh, I love the way you worded that, Beth! That is me, too. I love to gather tons of information, but when I get there it doesn't matter if it all goes by some master plan for me. I've always been a seat-of-the-pants kind of vacationer. I just like knowing my options. :)

We usually need to take hotel confirmation, airline tickets, rental car confirmation, discount cards, etc. My husband always says I am disorganized when I go to find something in my bag. So, last year I went to Wal Mart and bought cheap, clear pencil pouches, all different colors. I used 1 for air and car, 1 for hotel, 1 for parks, 1 for cruise, etc. So when I need docs for the location I was at I only had to pull the right pouch and everything was there. I placed the pouches in my carry on and it worked quite well. Those are the only papers I brought, only docs needed, nothing else. Of course my disorganization played a part anyway, left 4- 2 way radios in the night stand at Royal Pacific (did get back) and also 2 Pittsburgh footballs, bought at the airport, which I didn't even realize I left on the top shelf of the closet at RP until football season started. But I always remember the important things, birth certificates and money. Everything else can be bought or done without.

My husband always says I am disorganized when I go to find something in my bag.

My husband used to tell me that, too. Then one trip I told him that he was in charge of everything that I usually deal with -packing kid's backpack, tickets, traveler checks - you know the drill. LOL. We weren't 5 miles from home when DD asked for her Gameboy. Smugly, DH says, it's in such & such a place in the backpack. DD then asks where are the games. Let's just say that it's a good thing we were so close to home.
;)

I am in charge again. He says nothing. Life is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter