What in the world?

Cara

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to WDW in several years, but I have never had issues getting the ADRs I want. Today I was ready and waiting with windows open to search for three popular options: 'Ohana, Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace. I ONLY got Crystal Palace. There was no availability for CM and Ohana for ANY of the days during my trip. I have set alerts through a subscription service, which came through for me earlier this year at DL, but I am floored. REALLY? No availability? And I was fast and efficient!

Yeah, it’s crazy. Seems to be much more competition with 60 days than there was at 180 days. We have a split stay and didn’t get any of the ADRs we wanted. Never did I think we’d join alert services. Just woke up and found DH subscribing this morning :laughing:

I haven't been to WDW in several years, but I have never had issues getting the ADRs I want. Today I was ready and waiting with windows open to search for three popular options: 'Ohana, Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace. I ONLY got Crystal Palace. There was no availability for CM and Ohana for ANY of the days during my trip. I have set alerts through a subscription service, which came through for me earlier this year at DL, but I am floored. REALLY? No availability? And I was fast and efficient!
Try increasing the number of people and changing from times to meals and back.

Thank you! I tried that earlier this morning and had no luck -- one option came up for 9:25PM, but we are traveling with a newly 2-year-old, so that won't work. Hopefully I'll be able to snag it later.

Unfortunately, there are still several restaurants that have never reopened and won't for a long time if ever (Morocco) and Narcoossee's and Kona are down for a refurb. Also with ressie day being 60 days out people are more firm on their plans so more competition on ressie day.

Ohana has surprisingly consistently had walk up/waitlist availability with less than 30 minute waits for breakfast and dinner during my trip last week and back in July. I know with small children it's more of a challenge to head to a resort and take the chance that you will get on the waitlist, but if you're close by it may not hurt to check the waitlist time in the app :)

This week, I used Genie+ to get on the 10 minute waiting list for Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom on Monday and the 10 minute waiting list for Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. (I didn't make any ADRs because I didn't know how our two parks day would go with our lightning lane schedule, how tired small children and older family members would feel, etc.)

We just got home from a 10 day trip and I had spent weeks trying to get the perfect ADRs each day. I even paid to subscribe to a dining alerts service.

While on the trip, I found that checking the app every night at around 10 pm showed availability for almost every hard-to-get ADR possible at all the reasonable times: 'Ohana, Oga's, California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Space 220, Homecomin'... you get the idea.

It also appears that the app/website is letting you book multiple ADRS at the exact same times (I think it used to check your current bookings and restrict you to a time frame of 1 hour before or after) so I am pretty sure people are booking multiple ADRs and just making their changed before midnight the night before in order to avoid the no-show charge.

I could've saved myself a lot of time and agony worrying about the perfect schedule had I realized how easy it was to organize our day simply the day before it was happening!

Yeah, it’s crazy. Seems to be much more competition with 60 days than there was at 180 days. We have a split stay and didn’t get any of the ADRs we wanted. Never did I think we’d join alert services. Just woke up and found DH subscribing this morning :laughing:
what is DH subscribing?

We just got home from a 10 day trip and I had spent weeks trying to get the perfect ADRs each day. I even paid to subscribe to a dining alerts service.

While on the trip, I found that checking the app every night at around 10 pm showed availability for almost every hard-to-get ADR possible at all the reasonable times: 'Ohana, Oga's, California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Space 220, Homecomin'... you get the idea.

It also appears that the app/website is letting you book multiple ADRS at the exact same times (I think it used to check your current bookings and restrict you to a time frame of 1 hour before or after) so I am pretty sure people are booking multiple ADRs and just making their changed before midnight the night before in order to avoid the no-show charge.

I could've saved myself a lot of time and agony worrying about the perfect schedule had I realized how easy it was to organize our day simply the day before it was happening!
This is very reassuring. I am so nervous about my upcoming trip and getting our ADRS.

Unfortunately, there are still several restaurants that have never reopened and won't for a long time if ever (Morocco) and Narcoossee's and Kona are down for a refurb. Also with ressie day being 60 days out people are more firm on their plans so more competition on ressie day.
Just curious, how do you know Morocco won’t open for a long time if ever? That was my favorite for an adult only trip and i was kind of hoping it would reopen when the international workers returned to Epcot and hoping it would be in time for my January girls trip. I will be really sad if it never reopens.

To the original poster, I was shocked by this at well for my last trip. I had the best luck getting what we wanted the night before and the day of. I couldn’t find anything at 60 days and even my normal service that I use to find hard to get rezzies didn’t work for me. It was super frustrating. Everything seems a bit more difficult and stressful than it used to be.

I 100% agree with this! I had the same experience for our Feb spring break trip and parks were super crowded. I also have heard that they aren’t allowing as many ADRs in the past because of staffing issues and unknowns around Covid and workers being out sick still so that’s allegedly another reason why there are more openings day of and night before but who knows.

I got many I wanted at 60 days but some I didn’t. However I kept checking and eventually got everything I wanted. I think people go in at the 60 days mark and make many more than they need just to have them as it gets closer they cancel,change etc. I personally have changed like 4 times in the last 50 days but I never reserve multiple for the same meal. You will end up getting more just try every day

The sad part is that the restaurants I’m trying so hard to get readies for are SO expensive and the good is NOT great.

Just curious, how do you know Morocco won’t open for a long time if ever?
Sadly, the company that operated it went out of business during the pandemic. Disney took over the space. I hope they open a similar restaurant there too, but I’m not counting on it.

This week, I used Genie+ to get on the 10 minute waiting list for Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom on Monday and the 10 minute waiting list for Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. (I didn't make any ADRs because I didn't know how our two parks day would go with our lightning lane schedule, how tired small children and older family members would feel, etc.)
How do you do this?

How do you do this?
Many restaurants have a walk-up list option when you click on them from the map in the app or go to the restaurant's "page" on the app. You have to be nearby to join the list and it gives you an estimated wait time for your party size. It isn't a Genie+ feature, just an option added to the app.

Many restaurants have a walk-up list option when you click on them from the map in the app or go to the restaurant's "page" on the app. You have to be nearby to join the list and it gives you an estimated wait time for your party size. It isn't a Genie+ feature, just an option added to the app.
That's good to know! I was wondering if it was specific to Genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter