What is 1 unpopular opinion on Travel you have?

You know, I have to say, while I wouldn't consider Disney World cheap we really don't find it much more expensive than other tourist areas. DH and I were talking about it this winter while at our local ski hill. A lift ticket during the weekend is around $60 and that is only for about 7 hours. The ticket is cheaper than a single day ticket to WDW but it is open much longer too. The food and beverage prices are pretty close to QS prices and the resort prices are easily the same as a WDW moderate, and often more, and that's during the slow season.

Last year DH and I were discussing different places to go for an adults only get away. After running the numbers WDW kept coming out cheaper. Granted, we utilize the kitchenette heavily. We take snacks in with us and often make sandwiches and have bagels and such for breakfast. Part of the reason we do this is to save money but part is because, as someone mentioned up thread, after a few days of theme park food we are desperate for some real food. When we go with the whole family we get a villa with a full kitchen and the vast majority of our meals are made there.

I see people comment frequently that they can go to Europe cheaper than they can WDW. More power to them but the airfare alone would be more than we spend on a week at WDW.

What messes us up with WDW is the way the ticket costs are so front-loaded. It’s a poor value for 4-5 days, so we stay for 8. We spend less on a beach trip because it’s a little closer & we don’t stay as long. 8 days at each is comparable in price because the hotel is more expensive at the beach than the offsite place we prefer at WDW (that said, 5 days at the beach IS cheaper than 5 at WDW, were we to choose that route).

We have been to Canada a few times, from when I was a child with my parents up through with DH after we got married. I remember touring Casa Loma, I think that was in the Toronto area. And DH and I crossed the bridge over to Canada many times when we were staying at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Have done the Agawa Canyon train a couple of times, so beautiful.

But, DH and I both have our concealed carry permits and while I don't have my gun on me all the time, he does. So, we can no longer cross over into Canada because of that.

The international traveling I was talking about was to countries like England, France, Italy, etc.

How very sad that a gun is more important to you than seeing the world. What mixed up priorities!

I HATE flying and get so annoyed when people tell me there's nothing to be worried about. I still fly because even though I hate it, I don't hate it enough to stay home forever. Statistically yes, I understand the chances of being in a plane crash are TINY, but guess what? They still happen. Telling me to get over it just makes me more upset!

I don't like beach beach vacations. I run out of things to do after about 4 hours of the first day, and I'm bored to death the rest of the time.

I am not a cruise person. I've tried twice, and didn't like either one. The crowds, forced overscheduling of my time, boring dining options, and lack of interesting things to do (since I'm not excited about beach-y things in general) really made DH and I realize as much as we wanted to like them, cruises aren't what "floats our boat", vacation-wise.

I HATE flying and get so annoyed when people tell me there's nothing to be worried about. I still fly because even though I hate it, I don't hate it enough to stay home forever. Statistically yes, I understand the chances of being in a plane crash are TINY, but guess what? They still happen. Telling me to get over it just makes me more upset!

This definitely isn’t an unpopular opinion. It is more shocking to hear that someone actually enjoys flying.

How very sad that a gun is more important to you than seeing the world. What mixed up priorities!

Not at all surprised that you would say something like that. Plenty of amazing and beautiful places to see right here in the states and DH doesn’t have to leave his gun at home. With the way the world is going we feel much safer knowing he has it on him, and wouldn’t hesitate to use it if our lives were in danger, whether from animal or human either one.

That's not fair. YOUR priority would be to see the world. HER'S is to not have to put away her gun. Its different priorities for sure, but not mixed up. Perhaps her husband just disagrees with your laws and won't do it for that reason.

He definitely disagrees with Canada’s gun laws, that’s why we no longer go there.

We love visiting regional chains that we don’t have at home, even FF like Zaxby’s :).

Went to a Zaxby's about a year ago for the first time somewhere outside Charleston, SC and enjoyed it. I wish there were locations closer to home. And I always go to In-N-Out Burger when I'm in California.

I invite those not from NJ, DE, MD, PA, VA, DC, and FL to visit a chain not available in your areas.

Disney would absolutely be the last place I’d have chosen for a far-too-infrequent adult only trip. But, I know it works for many :)

I'll amend my statement: It's OK to dump the kids with the grandparents and go ANYWHERE on vacation without them. Disney, Hawaii, Europe, Caribbean, etc. I believe parents need at least a few days away from the kids on occasion.

Really? I rarely ever hear of anyone that does so when people say it, I am genuinely surprised, lol

I dislike the same things that most people dislike ie. TSA, seat pitch, sitting next to smelly people. But what I love outweighs the negative. I don't mind the time spent in the airport - I enjoy people watching. I have TSA down to a science so even that is not that bad. I love take-off and landing and love seeing the earth from a view normally only enjoyed by the angels. And, when I get an interesting friendly seatmate, it is a bonus.

I dislike the same things that most people dislike ie. TSA, seat pitch, sitting next to smelly people. But what I love outweighs the negative. I don't mind the time spent in the airport - I enjoy people watching. I have TSA down to a science so even that is not that bad. I love take-off and landing and love seeing the earth from a view normally only enjoyed by the angels. And, when I get an interesting friendly seatmate, it is a bonus.

That is a great way to look at it :) I am usually too busy trying to ward off my panic attack to be able to look at it in such a positive light haha

Cruise vacations are expensive. Priced out a RC cruise for four in July 2017 and it was equivilent to a WDW vacay. Where are all the cheap cruises I keep hearing about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter