• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is a phrase you see on the Dis boards all the time that you NEVER hear people actually say in real life?

That's regional. My grandma used to call it that. She was from St. Louis.
Interesting. I’m from Ohio where it was called pop, but my St. Louisan husband (and his whole extended family) call it soda.

And the weird one: “white soda” which I’d never heard of before. (It’s their generic term for any lemon-lime soda like Sprite or 7Up.)

I got used to DD, DH on the eBay boards and my inner monologue uses DH all the time but I don't hear it in real life of course. Where it got confusing is when I got on College Confidential and instead of the numbers after the DD (or for most users there, just D) being for age, they were supposed to be for year of HS graduation- so readers would know where the kid was in the process. For that forum I add an apostrophe to clear things up for myself- like DD'19 graduated in 2019. When I first got on there, DD'17 was DD19 here, and DD'19 was DD17.

Ha, I'm not spending half an hour deciphering some of the posts here by looking it all up :rotfl2:

The latest in another thread was ODD, which I commented about this thread asking what the heck that is. Someone already responded but it's not in that list, LOL (most people I do think know what LOL is, except for the "lots of love" folk :hyper:)
I have no clue what ODD is. I just thought it was odd that you wrote it in all caps. I thought for some reason you were trying to emphasize that the other thread was odd.

And why can't LOL be lots of love?. When I first got online and saw LOL in chat I thought someone was saying that it was boring. Miss spelling lull,

I have used the term pop in my daily life. I will also use the term soda to spice things up. A lot of times I will just use whatever the specific name of that drink is, (Sprite, Mtn Dew etc...).

I am also guilty of using the word "vacay", I put that on the "teams calendar" at work.

I have no clue what ODD is. I just thought it was odd that you wrote it in all caps. I thought for some reason you were trying to emphasize that the other thread was odd.

And why can't LOL be lots of love?. When I first got online and saw LOL in chat I thought someone was saying that it was boring. Miss spelling lull,

I don't know ODD eithere - I am wracking my brain trying to figure it out.

I don't understand how you order an actual Coke in the south.

Always been "pop" for me. Every vacation no matter where, everyone knows I'm originally from Pittsburgh (dahn 'er in Pixburgh, da home of da Pixburgh Stillers)
In some restaurants the server would ask what kind of coke do you want? or just do you want a coke drink? You could answer with Sprite, orange drink, etc, didn't have to be a "coke". I always found that odd but got used to it:)

No, I meant the DISboards abbreviation - It can get a little out of control. 🤣
What do you mean out of control?

It’s simple to comprehend that dh and I are going to WDW without dd for a few days this summer. I snagged a good ressie at the YC, unfortunately not CL this time. As we are not AP, I had to buy military salute tix through SOG. I am still bitter about not having ME, but I know the Uber will be fast at MCO so we can enjoy more time at SAB.

We are definitely hitting HS, and getting a ILL for ROTR. G+ is a must too, esp for SDD, ToT, TSMM, and RR. And I can’t tell you how excited we are that F! is back.

Hoping we will be lucky enough to score a VQ slot for Tron at MK. (Dd will be jelly if we do!)

Just bummed we are missing both F&G and F&W this trip. Oh well, more time for exploring different aspects of WS besides the food.

As for dinner, our go to is FF at BWI. IMHO, it’s the one of the best! YMMV.

🤣😂🤣

What do you mean out of control?

It’s simple to comprehend that dh and I are going to WDW without dd for a few days this summer. I snagged a good ressie at the YC, unfortunately not CL this time. As we are not AP, I had to buy military salute tix through SOG. I am still bitter about not having ME, but I know the Uber will be fast at MCO so we can enjoy more time at SAB.

We are definitely hitting HS, and getting a ILL for ROTR. G+ is a must too, esp for SDD, ToT, TSMM, and RR. And I can’t tell you how excited we are that F! is back.

Hoping we will be lucky enough to score a VQ slot for Tron at MK. (Dd will be jelly if we do!)

Just bummed we are missing both F&G and F&W this trip. Oh well, more time for exploring different aspects of WS besides the food.

As for dinner, our go to is FF at BWI. IMHO, it’s the one of the best! YMMV.

🤣😂🤣
willy_nilly.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter