What is Beauty and the Beast replacing?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
The new Beauty and the Beast stage show is supposed to start on our cruise November 6th. I was wondering if anyone knows which show it is replacing?

OMG I always chuckle when I read the negatives about those two shows.....everyone hates them and I just loved them! I must have no taste

I never saw Toy Story, but it's not my favorite movie, so I'm not sure a stage show could improve it...

It was an hour of my life I'll never get back... lol

I have had shows like that. Aladdin on Broadway comes to mind - but that was about 2 hours 15 minutes! LOL. (Granted it was the first Broadway preview - though it had a pre-Broadway try out in Toronto...they changed nothing in the few weeks between the runs, even things that everyone in Toronto said should have been - and another "not my favorite movie", but still. Even with a free ticket it cost me time.)

I have had shows like that. Aladdin on Broadway comes to mind - but that was about 2 hours 15 minutes! LOL. (Granted it was the first Broadway preview - though it had a pre-Broadway try out in Toronto...they changed nothing in the few weeks between the runs, even things that everyone in Toronto said should have been - and another "not my favorite movie", but still. Even with a free ticket it cost me time.)

What made it worse was that I like Toy Story, but it took to my third contract on the Wonder to get a finish early enough on a Toy Story night to go and see it and I was looking forward to it. I even gave up the chance to eat in a guest restaurant to do so which never happens lol.
But, I've loved every other show I've seen: Dreams, Golden Mickeys, Tangled and Twice Charmed (although that was a crew one so was a bit more relaxed with crew in-jokes in it).

What made it worse was that I like Toy Story, but it took to my third contract on the Wonder to get a finish early enough on a Toy Story night to go and see it and I was looking forward to it. I even gave up the chance to eat in a guest restaurant to do so which never happens lol.
But, I've loved every other show I've seen: Dreams, Golden Mickeys, Tangled and Twice Charmed (although that was a crew one so was a bit more relaxed with crew in-jokes in it).

Oh I've heard of some of the crew-specific stuff. :P Some of it is QUITE different. HAHA.

OMG I always chuckle when I read the negatives about those two shows.....everyone hates them and I just loved them! I must have no taste

Villains is the only show my DH likes! :)
He seen all the rest and said once is enough but Villians he will see every time.

I never saw villians but I've been told by those who had that I was fortunate. I thought Toy Story was horrible. The only thing that made it bearable was the cast. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

I love Aladdin, at least the version in the Hyperion theater in DCA. The genie and carpet really made the show I thought.

I have no idea when I'll be on a ship that has Beauty and the Beast, so I'm hoping it turns out to be great and that it has a very long run.

I liked the larger-than-life props in Toy Story but the character of SID was played by a screeching, shrieking, nails-on-chalkboard-annoying girl. That's not one I need to see again.

It was an hour of my life I'll never get back... lol
Yeah, it was 3 hours my life. Our first time seeing Toy Story, the stopped the show in the middle because one of the drops didn't go back up. Unfortunately, it was during Sid's maniacal, shrieking, nails-on-chalkboard, song. That meant he(she) kept repeating the song for over 5-6 minutes before they determined something was wrong and closed the curtains. Show resumed after about 10 minutes.

Second time (I wanted to see the whole show from start to finish (no stops), toward the end when Buzz is supposed to fly across the stage (into the moving van) the mechanism for him to do so failed. Again, they closed the curtain while he (apparently) was returned to ground level and unstrapped. They just had him and Woody do their dialogue from offstage (like they were in the moving van already).

So, determined to see a complete show, we went again. This time it went as planned, and I didn't have to ever see it again.

The only good thing about that show that I ever saw was actually the cast of the first production. They were great, but the show stunk.

Wow, really! I thought Aladdin on Broadway was amazing. Jasmine was the only weak spot, in my eyes. I just didn't think her singing was that great. But I love all the stuff they added in. The songs with Babkak, Omar and Cassim were fantastic. I loved how colorful and vibrant it was and the guy that played the Genie was just amazing. We listen to the soundtrack in the car all the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter