What is - /carmi?

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
/carmi?

I've seen this as a members sig and woundred what it means?
I hope it's not obvious and I look like a dope for asking.

wallyb said:
/carmi?

I've seen this as a members sig and woundred what it means?
I hope it's not obvious and I look like a dope for asking.

Carmi is my name, a very old internet convention was that a slash before a name in lower case indicated a signature, so /carmi is just like signing my name.

/carmi

majortom said:
Carmi is my name, a very old internet convention was that a slash before a name in lower case indicated a signature, so /carmi is just like signing my name.

/carmi

And here I was hoping that your name really was Major Tom. There is something very alluring and exciting about that name! ;)

Sorry, never saw that before and no one else
(that I've run across here) seems to do it that way.
Thanks for the enlightenment!

Hey Noah - Cut the new guy some slack.
Who knew people for Canada were so judgemental?

/wally

haha! Sorry Wally, it's just the second post in a row where you were confussed about someones name. I think it's cute. I'm thinking maybe we can all just take on famous gay names on this board to make it easier. From now on I'll be Elton. What do you want Wally? I'm thinking George Michael? Oh! How about Alexander the Great? :)

/noah
(or /elton)

/tom cruse
Wait he's not gay just a scientologist!

How about-
/liberace

/elton
I think we should be carefull about this fake name thingy
that Tag Fairy :tink: :tink: :tink:
will come along and
Bam!

We'll be taged!

haha! True. I guess I don't want to be known as /elton for the rest of my time on the dis. For that matter though, has anyone every been tagged on the gay board? You would think someone named the tag fairy would be here all the time.

True North said:
haha! True. I guess I don't want to be known as /elton for the rest of my time on the dis. For that matter though, has anyone every been tagged on the gay board? You would think someone named the tag fairy would be here all the time.
:rotfl:

I would have thought so too given what I've heard of the TF (not his/her personal persuasion, just the company he/she keeps). Yet tags do seem to be conspicuously absent from some of the regular posters here.

wallyb said:
/elton
I think we should be carefull about this fake name thingy
that Tag Fairy :tink: :tink: :tink:
will come along and
Bam!

We'll be taged!

I'm going to have to ask the next great dumb question (no offense Wally :) )... But what is the Tag Fairy? I've heard of this referenced many times, but no clue as to what the Fairy does.

Randall

:rainbow:

WOW!
So dumb.
I mean really really D U M B.
;) ;) ;)

wallyb said:
Sorry, never saw that before and no one else
(that I've run across here) seems to do it that way.
Thanks for the enlightenment!

/wally

You probably have not seen it as it was most common before NeXT Computer, Inc., introduced multimedia mail and news posts.

I started doing it back then (1976 or so), and never really stopped.

I started using MajorTom as my login on various computers since about 1975 or 1976 (when I was about 10 or so) and have stuck with surely

/carmi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter