• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is going on at BC/YC in late Nov 13 - Dec 13???

Rustyroo

Mouseketeer
Why are all the standard and garden rooms booked up solid for late November 2013 through all of December at BC/YC?? We've stayed there about this time the past two years, WITH A DISCOUNT, and never had problems getting in, even as late as September last year. What's the deal this year? Renovations, it's the new popular season, just because?

I know that the weekend of November 9 is the Wine and Dine Marathon and I've read that many people stay there. That's all I can come up with for that weekend. Not sure about the rest of the dates.

Not sure how big it is, but I am attending an anesthesia conference the first week of December at YC/BC (fantastic conference rate of $175/night!), so I know that is a block rooms.

Has that conference been there the same time every year, or in the last two years? Which conference is it?

Thanks. Well then that's not it, though I suppose it could contribute to that very first week. I've checked Friday to Friday for all weeks in December, and those rooms are booked solid. Seems quite odd. Maybe refurbs? BC certainly needs some TLC, most of the rooms there seem to smell funny. Wonder what's going on there though....

Yeah, I guess that would fill rooms, since the big conference halls adjoin YC/BC. Wonder if all of those are always going that time of year. Couldn't be, since it only seems to be a problem this year. I would guess Disney also has those rooms blocked off and may open them back up later in the year once registrations for those conferences close.

Why are all the standard and garden rooms booked up solid for late November 2013 through all of December at BC/YC?? We've stayed there about this time the past two years, WITH A DISCOUNT, and never had problems getting in, even as late as September last year. What's the deal this year? Renovations, it's the new popular season, just because?

I just switched my reservation yesterday from BWV to Beach Club CL. You might want to call because when I tried online it said full, but had no problem on the phone.

Good Luck!

We ended up taking the deal too but decided on GF. When we looked at our Epcot/HS days vs MK days, it just made more sense. We also didn't get the full GF experience since we were only there for 3 nights and the pool was closed...

But if they run it again next year, I think we will do YC/BC just to do that pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter