What is going on with the trams?

View attachment 769815
I was in transportation and I started seeing these come through. They fold up the size of a small suitcase, there are also other models that fold up pretty small. They run off a battery similar to a battery you find on a drill. They are fairly light weight but even if you can’t carry it, when it folds up, you can pull it like a suite case.
Trams are driven by the cms who work in the parking lots. They do rotate so you don’t get to come to work everyday, hop in an air conditioned cabin and drive for eight hours and go home. ( I worked with someone in parking) Standing in that parking lot isn’t an easy job. They are taken care of but….. it gets a bit warm here in the sun standing on black top. Lol
Ive left MK in the middle of the day and one tram running and it was just about empty. I can just about bet the farm it is run like most businesses, if there isn’t a big need for it at curtain times, they run the minimum, just my guess.
I’ve seen a few people with this type Of scooter. Other advantage , if you don’t need need it, you can fold it up so you’ll fit onto bus. Husband and wife. Wife needed scooter, rented off site, husband had this suitcase one for more convenience. i looked up the model he had, cost about 2 grand but if you traveled a lot, so handy in airports etc.

Hiring or lack of being able to hire, is absolutely valid right now. They can't even open two water parks in the summer - the busiest season for them!
They are always looking for life guards, bus drivers and security.
Just my guess, I don’t think they line up and beat the door down for parking. Another role that I admire the people who work in that role.

They are always looking for life guards, bus drivers and security.
Just my guess, I don’t think they line up and beat the door down for parking. Another role that I admire the people who work in that role.
Disney just laid off 7,000 workers. Some in the parks and hotels. Its a shame they didn't have enough thought for their paying guests and ask if any of them wanted to work the trams. I'm sure there were some that would have jumped at a chance to keep their jobs.

Agreed. I live in central Florida and other businesses can find people to work. Disney's problem is that they don't want to pay. I refuse to go back to Disney until the trams are back. Walking in FL heat is brutal.

It is easy enough to avoid the parking lots. I haven't had to walk or use a tram in years. Probably also why they are very low on the priority list. Also, most people walk in the parks. Not any different than walking in the parking lot to get to the front.

What I can find on line about jobs that are being cut is that the front line park associates are not. It is mostly in distribution and technology. I wouldn't be surprised though if they are not replacing park associates as they quit.

What some people are forgetting is that Disney promised all the parks trams would be back by the end of 2022 . And it's not even like they got one of the parks without service up and running by that time frame , or even now 6 months past their deadline . Have they given an update ? Have they apologized ? No...nothing

What some people are forgetting is that Disney promised all the parks trams would be back by the end of 2022 . And it's not even like they got one of the parks without service up and running by that time frame , or even now 6 months past their deadline . Have they given an update ? Have they apologized ? No...nothing

I don't hold McDonalds accountable for giving me a burger that looks nothing like the picture either.

If it made business sense and they could staff it, the trams would be running.

I don't hold McDonalds accountable for giving me a burger that looks nothing like the picture either.

If it made business sense and they could staff it, the trams would be running.
They should stop making promises they cannot keep... and if they don't keep them they deserve and should expect criticism . (McDonalds should also receive criticism as well for their misleading ads)

Most CM's are CP's that staff trams.
Since the parks need those CP more, trams will not come back soon.
"maybe' next spring ?

Sorry, anyone who believes ANY business's "promise" needs to rethink that. It's ALMOST as bad as believing a politician.
Of course you're right but Disney was once (not that long ago) a company that was pretty reliable and stood out from the pack because of that . Sad that they are no longer the same company they used to be . That shouldn't exempt them however from blowback from their customers when they don't do what they say they are going to do . Sorry but I don't believe that they can't fill these positions ...it seems more like they don't want to . At least not until they get more negative feedback from the public and /or are embarassed in the media/press .

Of course you're right but Disney was once (not that long ago) a company that was pretty reliable and stood out from the pack because of that . Sad that they are no longer the same company they used to be . That shouldn't exempt them however from blowback from their customers when they don't do what they say they are going to do . Sorry but I don't believe that they can't fill these positions ...it seems more like they don't want to . At least not until they get more negative feedback from the public and /or are embarassed in the media/press .
Staffing is about priorities (and staff goes where revenue is generated, I will agree on that). Labor is an issue regardless of what you believe. Even with raises, people don't want to do entry level work, if there are even people in the Orlando area to hire. If Disney hired just anyone, there would be even more complaints about service levels going down. The value and moderate level resorts still don't have daily housekeeping, it is every other day. And like I said in a previous post, one entire waterpark is closed, during the busy summer season, because they can't staff it. Trams, I am guessing, are low on their list of concerns - right or wrong.

So I’ll be that person and say the lack of trams is not a huge concern for me. I know it bothers other people, but I don’t know what percentage is like me and doesn’t really care. I do sometimes drive when offsite, but I factor walking into my plans and get there early to keep it shorter.

I did check and they claimed that two were up and running,....false only only one was,
I don't believe the above is correct - I was there every day last week and visited 3 parks each day and 4 parks on a couple days, and every time I was at MK or AK (morning, afternoon, or evening) there were two trams running where one would be moving and the other loading or holding until the next one pulled up.

I wish they'd start back up for EP or HS but spending all day going back and forth in the heat and humidity probably isn't at the top of the wish list for any CMs.

On a side note I rode in the last car of the tram one day and the CM on the back got done with her "no more loading, please stay behind the yellow line, no more loading please" statement and as we started moving I asked her "do you ever have people that try to jump onto the tram after it's moving?" and she replied "every. single. day." -- sounds like a job that someone would tire of very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter