What is going on with the weather??

Thanks all for the advice! I’m feeling slightly better even though Sunday is now at 107 😂. We’ve been to WDW during early Sep a few times and that was rough, but we survived. It sounds like this might be slightly more bearable because of the lower humidity. We’re staying on property so it will be an easy walk back to the hotel for some pool time.

I arrive Saturday night and have been looking at the rising temps as well, in horror. We were at WDW last month, so we will use WDW touring strategy. Start EARLY, eat lunch, break in hotel, back at night. Usually DL is more enjoyable than WDW, but we will manage. Crowds may be lower, as locals reschedule park reservations to other dates.

I arrive Saturday night and have been looking at the rising temps as well, in horror. We were at WDW last month, so we will use WDW touring strategy. Start EARLY, eat lunch, break in hotel, back at night. Usually DL is more enjoyable than WDW, but we will manage. Crowds may be lower, as locals reschedule park reservations to other dates.

Well, we are one local family who just canceled our weekend Disneyland plans! We'll be at Wild Rivers instead this weekend!

We’ve been here since 8/26 and weather has been GREAT. Maybe we’re so used to the high humidity + heat of Florida/WDW but we have zero complaints about the weather here and it cools down so much at night that we’re in hoodies.

We’ve been here since 8/26 and weather has been GREAT. Maybe we’re so used to the high humidity + heat of Florida/WDW but we have zero complaints about the weather here and it cools down so much at night that we’re in hoodies.

You got lucky with the lull in super hot weather.

Yes, we are planning for January and we were told to pack for 90 degree weather just in case!

Well, I wouldn't say you have to pack for 90 degree weather unless the close in forecast calls for it. I'd say be prepared to need to pack for hot weather.

Check the weather forecast 7 days before you arrive and then 3 days before you arrive. And then the day before you arrive, check one more time and make adjustments. 😆

The weather is nuts there. Never would have thought June/July is cooler than Sept/October.

We were in the pool more during our trip last November than any other time.

My advice. Go early. Take a nap/break between 12p and 4p. Make a restaurant reservation at 4p. And stay until closing.

You'll can have that place from 1p to 3p.

When we went a few weeks ago we had 95 degrees and up all days. The first day in the parks for us had high humidity and it sucked. We knew it was going to be like this when we booked so not surprised but it was just hotter and more humid than we expected, but we took a portable fan and that actually really helped keep us cool especially when waiting in line.

We did EE and by 10:30/11:00 am it was already too hot. We would then go have brunch somewhere in the parks and then shop and head back to the hotel, The first day the night still had humidity so no sun but icky. The other days it was hot but not that humid so we would go back to the room around noon and go eat shop rest then come back for one ride or two and do indoor things like animation building or go to the pool. By maybe 6 pm it was cooler. It was still about 75/80 at night but much better than in the day.

We went one time during the summer a while ago and I vowed to never return when it would be hot but DD really wanted to go so we went. It was a fun trip and we still did what we wanted but will not be doing that again anytime soon.

💯 on the locals cancelling when it gets hot. I have a few reservations booked during this upcoming heat wave and will probably reschedule. Although, sometimes I still go and just find a shady spot to drink water and people watch.

When it’s over 90, the shops will be busy and the water rides. 12-3, the pathways empty and families roll back to their hotels for nap time. I especially like Main Street in the summer during the heat, if you can take it. (Shady bench for me) Uncrowded and beautiful under the California sunshine.

The weather is nuts there. Never would have thought June/July is cooler than Sept/October.

We were in the pool more during our trip last November than any other time.

My advice. Go early. Take a nap/break between 12p and 4p. Make a restaurant reservation at 4p. And stay until closing.

You'll can have that place from 1p to 3p.

This is why I always tell people JULY is the best month to visit. It is rarely this hot in July. June is usually downright chilly.

Oh my gosh. That is incredible. I live on the Washington coast so neighborhood swimming pools are a totally new concept for me.

Yeah, we are spoiled for sure. This is why it's hard to impress my kids at a hotel pool. And why we staycation more often than not.

That's not even our NICEST neighborhood pool...

This and the Monday phenomenon. It's like people put on blinders when we talk about these things incessantly.
I’m going to test this. I might go solo every Monday for a month (leading up to saying goodbye to my Magic Key mid-October 😭). Monday is the day I don’t have either kid so Monday it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter