• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is holiday inn family suites like?

disgrl8

Earning My Ears
Hi i'm new here and i'm planning to stay at HIFS soon. I read a couple of reviews about it. I would like to know overrall how was your stay. Was the staff polite, what were the suites like, do they have their own transportation bus, and how was the free breakfast i keep on hearing about these weird powdered eggs lol. thanks

We stayed there last May. My kids girls 13, 12 a boy 10 all loved it. WE all like the suites. We had a kid suite with rain forest theme. Plenty of room and the bathroom is a real bathroom not a closet size. There was a pull out cot and bunk beds that was great. My boy had plenty of room on the cot. The main bedroom has a door and a lock for Mom and Dad's vacation. We never pulled out the sofa bed so don't how comfy that was. The fridge is a small one and a small microwave. There is no real kitchen space but we found it just fine. A few cupboards and was plenty for our goodies we brought along. The pool is big and there is another lap pool further away. The hot tubs were nice there are two. The putt putt is right by the pool and so is shuffle board and ping pong all is free. Don't forget to go to the lobby area for kareokee and such. we only got there the last night but wished we would have done it all the time. Even after Disney night is over don't be surprised if Kareokee is still going on there. We really like it and now don't want to think about trying a cheaper place. We don't want to chance not having as much fun and comfort as we did in May.;)

We stayed there in march with our three 5,4, 1,1/2. We had plenty of space. We thought The breakfast was fine. They had pancakes one morning french toast another, eggs fruit muffins, bagels, different kinds of cereals. We really enjoyed our stay and plan on staying there again next time. You can't beat the price for what you get. We did not open the couch bed but heard from this site that once open there is no room to walk around. you can't really cook but you have a microwave and fridge big enough for snacks or small meals. The staff was great in fact our youngest got sick the last night and they came back 3 times with clean towels for us. The kids really loved the pool and putt putt we couldn't keep them out of the game room and loved sleeping in their own room. Next time I woud try to request a disney themed room ours was Race cars with a life size Dale Earnhardt on the wall a- few weeks after he died- I would definitely recommend this hotel!! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

We stayed there for one night in February. We liked the hotel. Remember, its a suite, not a condo. We went with a group of 7. We stayed in a Disney themed suite with our two sons. The other three in our group stayed in a classic suite. We found the hotel to be very clean, nicely decorated, with a big swimming pool area. All seven of us enjoyed our breakfast. It was convenient just having to run over to the main building for breakfast. There were eggs, bacon, oatmeal, cereal, doughnuts, and juice. Our younger son brought video games from home, and they worked on the player in the kidsroom. My older son slept on the pullout in the livingroom. Once the couch is pulled out there is no room in the livingroom. Dh enjoyed having a separate room with a TV away from our sons. I've heard of people piling 7 people in one of these suites. There is no way, I would have enjoyed my vacation doing that. It was fine for our family of four. The other three people who went with us enjoyed it so much that they've decided to stay there again when they go back next year. :wave:

I have to echo the others in their delight with the HIFS. I went in January of this year with my son. My sister, who had NEVER been to Orlando, came down three days later to stay with us. She slept on the couch, my son had the bunk and I had the BIG bed in the Mommy Room :D!

We all had our space and it was great. It was especially cold this January, 40s in the HEAT of the day, so we spent alot of time there! It was great because we weren't falling all over each other. My son enjoyed the games and the rental movies, which came in handy when it was too cold to go out.

My sister, who is VERY hard to please, was shocked at the free breakfast. We would bundle up, walk over to the buffet, and most of the time brought the food back up to our room. It's really nice how they encourage that. Like my sister said, they let you take the food back to your room and you have a refrigerator?? Now that's generous! I personally, had no problem with the eggs, maybe because it was with so much other stuff.

We spent 6 days there and would go back in a second. Loved it!

Hi! Just returned last week! You'll do fine at HIFS. We had the Hot Air balloon theme. My husband and I loved it! We had our own little room, and the girls had their own room with Nintendo games. They loved it. We were in building 7 directly in front of the pool on the third floor. It wasn't noisy at all, considering we got into the pool every day after we came from the parks, and stayed until midnight.:bounce: :smooth: Surprisingly, having a pool view- I was concerned about the noise, even when we weren't in the pool. You can't hear anything, until you opened your door. The staff was very nice and polite, as well as other families we met. Everyone was friendly. As far as the breakfast, I thought it was decent. I'm not an egg eater, so I can't tell you about the eggs. My husband said they were so-so, all in all I enjoyed the breakfast. We only at the food court once. (Pizza Hut) our first night there. We ate out, Country Buffett, McDonalds, at the theme parks-etc.
Go, and enjoy yourself! You'll have a blast!:) :smooth: :bounce:
PS: The pool was only closed once, we were able to get in several times! The pool is nice, especially after a day of the theme parks or shopping!

after all these great replys i'm definitely staying there. thanks for the information :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter