What is it with Chicken Wings??

I'm from the deep south and we love our wings too! There's no particular reason *why* just like there's no reason for anything you love to eat :goodvibes They are tasty to our palate! :) I could make a meal on 'Ohana's sticky sesame wings, also love hot ones, crispy, most any sauced wings - just love them any way they're fixed ::yes::

Yes, they're fairly expensive in the grocery considering how much *meat* you get, but it's *supply & demand* :)

We leave for Disney in 2 weeks and my mouth is already watering for 'Ohana's wings :yay:

Wildly popular I know and often sought after at WDW.

But they have so little meat that I need about 50 of them just to make a meal:)

Plus they are a lot of work to eat and very messy.

Boneless "wings"?? Pretty good. At least there is meat:)

So am I the only person not fascinated with Chicken Wings????

I guess the answer would be that I like them.

It's pretty tough to describe to someone else why I like asparagus, or beer, or Twizzlers. I just like them.

I bet there are things you like that you couldn't really tell me WHY you like them, you just do.

I'm a big eater, but I never eat 50 wings. People that eat 50 wings at a time are pretty unusual, that's not your standard wing eater. I order 25 when I get wing take-out because I love eating half of them leftover cold. (I would guess then even though you said so, you've never eaten 50 of them.)

Many people say meat "on the bone" tastes better than meat off the bone. I work with a guy that loves a bone-in ribeye, but he won't order a ribeye without the bone. Maybe there are folks out there that like their chicken wings "on the bone" rather than off.

I can pick out many foods that require a lot of work to eat. Snow crab legs? Sometimes I think you work off more calories preparing them to eat them than you get from eating them. Don't even get me started on lobster.

If the guy behind the counter didn't shuck your oysters for you, would you do it? You might, but it's more work than eating a chicken wing.

Honestly, the only thing that seems like a lot of work is you taking the time to make this post.

(LOL, please take this post in the same vein as I think you were using as the OP.)

but my SO doesn't at all. I love those at Ohana but they can be sticky. Sesame teriyaki can seen to be slimy but I love the flavor.

I eat wings here at the home both boneless and regular. We have Roosters and they have really good wings.

I love the ones they serve at Scat Cat's club too!

Roosters is awesome!! I like their boneless wings, but the fried chicken sandwich...... Even better lol. :love:

I do think wings are pricy as well. Bw3, yes I still call it that, is always packed. It's closer than Roosters, but not a favorite. It would be Roosters, Frickers then Buffalo Wild Wings aka bw3.

I don't get sauce on mine, so they are not as messy.:thumbsup2

Where im from the best wings come from local bars. The only chain wing place we have is quaker steak and lube.

goofyintoronto said:
yes me too. im from Canada and pizza & wings are definitely a staple here too. My DS12 and I love them!

Believe it or not the wings at scifi is pretty darn good. I was quite surprised. I love both regular and boneless wings too. But I prefer bone-in.

I cant tell you why i like them. They're just so good!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Tell me you've been to Duffs if you live in TO, amazing wings! !

Yes, as another Canadian I agree, wings, nachos, beer make the best snack night food (and i'm a girl, none of this lite salad stuff haha)

I'm a buffalo gal, so I have wings in my blood (well, probably more the sauce...slightly less painful ;) ). I'm a snob and will now only try wings outside of the area if they're presented to me by a host or something like that because I've yet to find non-buffalo wings that I deem 'worth it'. I'm certainly not about to pay Disney prices for something that I know I'll find subpar :snooty: :laughing:.

I've been sitting here for several minutes trying to come up with a convincing argument to convince the anti-wingers to sing a different tune, as I feel it's my cultural responsibility to do so. Alas, I can't really do it, which makes me a bit sad. I guess if the taste doesn't make manhandling a chicken wing worth it, no argument I can come up with will. Maybe you've eaten the wrong ones. If you're ever in the area, give me a buzz and I'll gladly treat for the real thing :thumbsup2.

I'm with some of you guys on the boneless wings. What even is a boneless wing? A nugget? A little finger? Certainly not a real chicken wing. Let's call it what it is now. I don't get the naming choice, but strangely enough, I wasn't consulted. :confused3

hidmickey:myantidrug said:
I'm with some of you guys on the boneless wings. What even is a boneless wing? A nugget? A little finger? Certainly not a real chicken wing. Let's call it what it is now. I don't get the naming choice, but strangely enough, I wasn't consulted. :confused3

A name is just a name you don't think Rocky Mountain Oysters are really oysters do you?

disney_girl123 said:
Tell me you've been to Duffs if you live in TO, amazing wings! !

Yes, as another Canadian I agree, wings, nachos, beer make the best snack night food (and i'm a girl, none of this lite salad stuff haha)

No I haven't been there yet. thanks for the tip!

oh man, in with you, i love nachos and wings. so does my son! One thing i noticed is that in Disney its hard to find a place that will serve real cheese on nachos instead of the liquid cheese. here in Toronto its all about real cheese. love that.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I grew up in Buffalo and wings are great IMHO. They are no Buffalo wings if they are boneless, coated with anything other than hotsauce and butter. A reall treat.

Bob NC:

Had wings but twice as I can recall..The second time I went thru the 20 they had given me in the order, wishing I had ordered 20 more to make a half-way decent meal!! Some of the wings had so little meat that I couldn't find it under the sauce!!

And that's when I wondered what Wings were all about:):)

And of course I posted just to start a conversation and to see if there WERE any other folks like me out there!!

And look--wing lovers are referring each other to their favorite spots!!

And to add--Crab claws and crab legs and Ribs are other items not really worth the effort.

Have I REALLY started something now???

Uncleromulus said:
Bob NC:

Had wings but twice as I can recall..The second time I went thru the 20 they had given me in the order, wishing I had ordered 20 more to make a half-way decent meal!! Some of the wings had so little meat that I couldn't find it under the sauce!!

And that's when I wondered what Wings were all about:):)

And of course I posted just to start a conversation and to see if there WERE any other folks like me out there!!

And look--wing lovers are referring each other to their favorite spots!!

And to add--Crab claws and crab legs and Ribs are other items not really worth the effort.

Have I REALLY started something now???

oh i love ribs too! so yummy. :)

Sent from my Galaxy SII

GoofyMB said:
A name is just a name you don't think Rocky Mountain Oysters are really oysters do you? ddc03dde33

I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek. And funny enough, calling that delicacy Rocky Mountain oysters doesn't manage to make them any more appealing to me! :laughing: Not to mention those poor people who don't realize...:scared:

Im actually making "wing bites" for dinner tonite. Chicken tenders were on sale so i figured what the heck wing bites for dinner. I can tell you why we call them wing bites is because we cut the chicken into bite size pieces and then put wing sauce on it. Just didn't want to go through the boneless wing thing again lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter