• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is one of the first TV Programs you remember

WWF. My mom, a sweet and gentle German lady, LOVED watching. This is before it’s rise in popularity and it was on late at night. So yeah, I remember watching Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and Jimmy Superfly Snoka (sp?) when we were really little.

I did watch Land of the Giants, but other early shows (black and white, some later switched to color) that I recall watching included Andy Griffith, Beverly Hillbillies, Leave it to Beaver, Mr Ed, My Favorite Martian, Green Acres and Get Smart. I am not sure which of those I first watched though. There were also several that were kid based ones with a host, some showing cartoons or little Rascals reruns, like Wonderama, captain Jack McCarthy, officer joe Bolton, Tommy seven and captain kangaroo. Even if it wasn’t the earliest show I watched, one that I really wanted to make sure and see each week was the Batman tv show with Adam West and Burt Ward.

The Flintstones, but I think it was on as reruns then. I loved that when I was a really little girl. I was born in 1977.

I was very young & just vaguely remember it, but the TV show "Emergency" is the 1st one I remember.

I also remember "Happy Days," "Mash," & "Little House on the Prairie."

Oh, Randolph Mantooth and Emergency!!! My little 6 yr old heart belonged only to him for awhile :)

I thought I was the only one who watched Daktari too! And the Ron Ely Tarzan.

Morning shows, I'd say Romper Room. Otherwise I'd say my earliest memory is of The Ed Sullivan Show. Oh, and when at my Grandparent's, Lawrence Welk and The Red Skelton Show.

Shows my DMom watched when I was tiny; a soap called The Edge of Night and a cooking show called the Galloping Gourmet. :goodvibes
I watched The Edge of Night after school every day. It's where Lori Loughlin got started.

We used to watch The Waltons as a family. I loved the Sunday Night Mystery Movie (McMillan and Wife, McCloud, Columbo).

Probably the earliest, and my favorite, was the black and white Cinderella special with Leslie Ann Warren.

This and, Winky Dink and You.

I'm a couple of years older than Dan Murphy. It looks like UncleMike is around our ages. The first show that I remember seeing was "What's My Line" with John Daly as host. "Kukla, Fran and Ollie", "Suspense", "Danger", 'The Show Of Shows", "Amos 'n Andy", "Beat The Clock" with Bub Collyer and many others.

I watched The Edge of Night after school every day. It's where Lori Loughlin got started.

We used to watch The Waltons as a family. I loved the Sunday Night Mystery Movie (McMillan and Wife, McCloud, Columbo).

Probably the earliest, and my favorite, was the black and white Cinderella special with Leslie Ann Warren.
Just a slight correction, Mom. The 1965 Lesley Ann Warren Cinderella was broadcast in color. Maybe you were watching it on a black and white set. It’s on YouTube if you wanna check it out.

I'm not sure when Edge of Night went off the air. By the time I was in later elementary school/jr. high, THE show to watch was Another World. My friends and I would race home so we didn't miss it because it was sure to be the big topic of conversation on the bus the next morning. :goodvibes

Last edited:
I remember my brother watching "Land of the Lost" and I ended up watching it with him. That's the first one I remember but only because of the circumstances of a little brother getting to spend time with his big brother doing something fun. Ahhhh, the memories are special. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter