What is one of the first TV Programs you remember

I'm a couple of years older than Dan Murphy. It looks like UncleMike is around our ages. The first show that I remember seeing was "What's My Line" with John Daly as host. "Kukla, Fran and Ollie", "Suspense", "Danger", 'The Show Of Shows", "Amos 'n Andy", "Beat The Clock" with Bub Collyer and many others.
Another program that I liked was the one with that Indian that never said anything but just sat there humming a one note tune until morning.
Oh yeah, they played The National Anthem just before he came on every night. 🇺🇲

I was very young & just vaguely remember it, but the TV show "Emergency" is the 1st one I remember.

I also remember "Happy Days," "Mash," & "Little House on the Prairie."
Donnie and Marie.
I just looked at the years it was on and realized I was only 3 when it went off the air, but I remember watching it with my older sister. She had the Donnie and Marie dolls, too.

My first thought was Emergency! Vaguely remember that one.

LOVED Donny and Marie Osmond! I, too, had the dolls and their stage set.

Also:
Happy Days
Little House on the Prairie
The Muppet Show
The Love Boat
CHiPs
Wonder Woman
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

This thread makes me feel old. I remember the opening on As the World turns from 1959. Mom watched it. I think the first whole program I rememebr is Queen for a Day.

Captain Kangaroo, Romper Room, NY area show- Wonderama, Mickey Mouse club. I remember my mom watching Peyton Place. She wasn’t into daytime soaps at all. Someone mentioned Galloping Gourmet, my mom watched that but I was a bit older where I would remember it. My mom watched The Mike Douglas Show, I think it was on late afternoons

I'm not sure about the first but one that I remember but most others I talk to don't was MacGruder & Loud. I remember watching it at my Granny's house when I was in 7th grade so it would have been about 1985. I wonder if anyone else remembers this one?

The Rifleman, Combat and Bonanza are the ones I first remember not sure of the order. Also a TV childrens' program in the Philadelphia area hosted by Sally Starr ( local celebrity )

Guiding Light. I was just three, but I clearly remember when Phillip took Mindy to prom but actually liked Beth and then found out Alan wasn’t his real dad. I was shocked. Ha!

Also, I remember a lot of Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Rogers, 321 Contact, and evening shows like One Day at a Time and Too Close for Comfort.

Some circus show that was on at 7 pm every Friday night. My mom made popcorn every Friday night while we watched it. This would have been the early 1960's
I remember that show. It had Don Ameche as the ringmaster I think. We visited my grandmother every Friday night and watched it with her.

I remember that show. It had Don Ameche as the ringmaster I think. We visited my grandmother every Friday night and watched it with her.
Wow, that is it. It was called "International Showtime" and ran on NBC from 1961 to 1965 with Don Ameche as the host. I found this clip

Adam12
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
I dream of Jeannie
Dark Shadows (my mom's best friend watched me some days and her older daughters watched this)

I remember my parents arguing when I was about 4 or 5 because my Dad wanted to watch Sonny and Cher and she accused him of wanting to see what Cher was "barely wearing" LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter